Goal music - poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should we have goal music?

• No contrived atmosphere

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Yes better atmosphere

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Undecidded

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dkc

Reaction score
Jim Phipps has posted a "Flashvote" poll at that allows anyone to vote, Blade or not. It is currently showing a big majority in favour of goal music (but doesn't seem to register votes against it).

I thought it would be good to pose a similar question on here, a site where only registered members (ie Blades) can vote. The choices are the same as Jim's poll.

So please vote away:

Good poll. I don't know what a flash vote is or how to do one. Definite no for me.

We're not in the US anymore Jim, we try to stay away from cheesy things like goal celebration music. We shouldn't have it.

Voted in favour but not showing on the poll. The unity the goal songs created wth everyone chanting the same tune always seemed to the then lead the kop to spontaneously follow into more songs. It's just a few cheers and back to silence these days.

The lack of atmosphere after a goal is score is, in my opinion, down to the fact that we are in the doldrums at the moment. It wouldn't be the same if we were pushing for promotion to the PL, or even going for the automatics in L1

With only 20 votes, I can see this being of even less value than Jimbo's Flash Poll

The lack of atmosphere after a goal is score is, in my opinion, down to the fact that we are in the doldrums at the moment. It wouldn't be the same if we were pushing for promotion to the PL, or even going for the automatics in L1

Doldrums.

Exactly.

Does he mean when the Oppo's score to drown out the booing?

What music should we play when the opposition score?

Should we have variations for first, second, third etc goal?

Penalties? Headers?

Unchallenged shots from the edge of the box? Isolation by Joy Division maybe.

What music should we play when the opposition score?

Should we have variations for first, second, third etc goal?

Penalties? Headers?

Unchallenged shots from the edge of the box? Isolation by Joy Division maybe.
Couple more defeats and it will be 'Making Plans for Nigel'.

82.4% in favour of no. Bit different to Jims Twitter poll. Has anyone shown him this?

It's like 'yea - let's clap our hands and pretend we're not shite. We can cover our ears as well so we don't hear any nasty talk'.

Sad fact is we are not healthy and the disease needs tackling at its cause. Do it McCabe. It's not funny anymore.

It's like 'yea - let's clap our hands and pretend we're not shite. We can cover our ears as well so we don't hear any nasty talk'.

Sad fact is we are not healthy and the disease needs tackling at its cause. Do it McCabe. It's not funny anymore.

"Disease" is melodramatic. And despite noisy proclamations of certainty from all over the place there is nothing like a consensus on what ails the club atm.

Back
Top Bottom