Giving a team stick for not being 100 per cent on it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
Footballs always thrown up games where you don't click.
We don't have the quality of some clubs . So us not being 100% fluid every game is no surprise but boy do we dish out some stick.

Just watched City struggle for fluidity for 90 minutes and they had some severe wobbles in the last quarter but they won 1-0 ,and we now got knocked out of the fa cup by the European champions.
But City showed its hard to look fabulous every game...perhaps some of our fans should give a bit more leeway if we win a tough game 1-0 and tone down the criticism.

We don't have the quality of some clubs . So us not being 100% fluid every game is no surprise but boy do we dish out some stick.

Just watched City struggle for fluidity for 90 minutes and they had some severe wobbles in the last quarter but they won 1-0 ,and we now got knocked out of the fa cup by the European champions.
But City showed its hard to look fabulous every game...perhaps some of our fans should give a bit more leeway if we win a tough game 1-0 and tone down the criticism.
Good to see we are now being compared to the best club in Europe !!

That is very true, and we did get over the line which hopefully will mean that we can get some bit of stability into the financials of the club. I would like to think I am a realist and that my opinions are based on the evidence before my eyes. I have been quite happy over all with the results, though I do think that we haven't spent wisely and our scouts and recruitment team are lacking in ability to assess a player.

It's the one area that needs an overhaul. I am quite happy to go up and come back down provided we get some legs and quality in midfield.

I would like to think I am a realist and that my opinions are based on the evidence before my eyes. I have been quite happy over all with the results, though I do think that we haven't spent wisely and our scouts and recruitment team are lacking in ability to assess a player.
Well to be fair we haven't started bringing in anyone yet...Best reserve judgement till later end of July

No comparison, your talking about the best 2 teams in Europe so the comp says. You can't compare a champions league final to any game we've been in EVER

No comparison, your talking about the best 2 teams in Europe so the comp says. You can't compare a champions league final to any game we've been in EVER
Why . Footballs supposed to be 11 v 11 entertainment . Its only 23 years since man city were in div 3. They might statistically be the best but that doesn't mean they can't be criticised... we went up with 91 points but some complained about it being a disappointing promotion in here . I've watched every cl final since the sixties and that was as drab a game as you'd ever wish you had wasted 2 hours of your life on it

In my experience it's the ones who don't actually attend the games who are more guilty of this. Certainly out of my group - usually between 10-15 of us who meet up for pre and post match beers - we are all of the same ilk ................... thank fuck we dug that one out, another 3 points! 💪💪

* No criticism of you btw lol ...... that little chiringuito on Cabo Roig beach or a wet and windy Tuesday night at Bramall Lane; it's a tough choice :)

Last edited:
* No criticism of you btw lol ...... that little chiringuito on Cabo Roig beach or a wet and windy Tuesday night at Bramall Lane; it's a tough choice :)
Oh that the chiringuitos were open at the moment! Campoamar beach excepted.

Good to see we are now being compared to the best club in Europe !!
Yeah
Funny to see that Man City not being 100% on it (for once) with all the nerves and tension and pressure on them, is being likened to us being boring, win, lose, or draw 99% of the time

It’s human nature to try and predict the future, it’s how we’ve survived for 1000’s of years.
In a one off game the best team doesn’t always win (Liverpool 88 cup final v Wimbledon)
Over the course of a season poor performances will lead to poor results which increase the likelihood of not achieving your expectations (whatever they are).
So a win from a poor performance is welcome in the short term but is unlikely to be sustainable and fans then get anxious about the future.

Well to be fair we haven't started bringing in anyone yet...Best reserve judgement till later end of July
I am basing it on signing of Brewster McBurnie Mousset Freeman etc.
I am doubtful if the same crew can get it right but I will say I got it wrong if they get it right

The team gets plenty of leeway these days, due to the credit they have deservedly built up. During the league one days, we had multiple mercenaries out there pretending to try purely for a pay cheque.

However, anyone choosing to support us is free to have their say for me. Footballers get ridiculous amounts of adoration, so they have to take the rough with the smooth when they’re underperforming.

My minimum requirement is effort. As long as there’s that, I don’t mind them losing.

Seems a bit bizarre using a team winning the Champions League whilst not being at their best to criticise our fans when they complain about any of our performances
We all support our team s at whatever level...let's not forget man city are now our peers thanks to winning promotion do the gulf has lessened

Same crew ? Hecky didn't sign any of those
I am talking about the scouts and chief scout Mitchell. Hecky looks over what they have recommended and picks from that unless like Anel, where Jack Lester had already a relationship with him.

Like Wilder Hecky will sign off on who comes in. It's the prep work and who the scouts are assessing is the problem. That was the point I was making.

you’re right, we do have our fair share of moaners but I think this is because we’ve existed on the fringes of becoming an established premier league club without actually taking that next step.

Instead, we’ve drifted in and out of mediocrity and I think alot of our fans (rightly in my opinion) think we should be where clubs like Brighton, Brentford, Wolves(?) et al are right now and this has led to frustration and nerves when it doesn’t go our way in games which is usually vented out in the way of a moan. I don’t mind a moan, keeps the players on their toes as long as they don’t turn into boos or completely unjust and irrational criticism, especially if we’re doing alright.

Also, it’s the sheffield way to moan.

we have 30000 gates again next season and hopefully get the backing we need to raise our players games
its an advantage with the fans behind us , its detrimental if we moan at every small mistake or pass

we cant hope to compete financially and rely on whatever plusses we have

Getting the job done and not being a cry baby.
It could have been termed that way, instead of using Man City winning the Champions League in order to have a poorly veiled dig at our fanbase.

All clubs have moaners and whingers, we are no different in that regard.

The OP seems obsessed with calling out our fans despite them having to put up with decades of mismanagement, underachievement and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

There will be times next season when the results aren't going our way and fans will moan, if the OP doesn't like that then I'd suggest leaving the forum well alone between August 23 and May 24. It's not going to change and just because people moan on the internet it's not going to be the difference between survival and relegation.

It could have been termed that way, instead of using Man City winning the Champions League in order to have a poorly veiled dig at our fanbase.

All clubs have moaners and whingers, we are no different in that regard.

The OP seems obsessed with calling out our fans despite them having to put up with decades of mismanagement, underachievement and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

There will be times next season when the results aren't going our way and fans will moan, if the OP doesn't like that then I'd suggest leaving the forum well alone between August 23 and May 24. It's not going to change and just because people moan on the internet it's not going to be the difference between survival and relegation.
It's striking the balance between what you describe and complaining about everything / virtually making stuff up to moan about.
Some people just seem to do the latter.

With regard to people moaning and having a whinge, I think it's perfectly fine on the forum, but not helpful when it's directed at the team or individuals during a game.

I think we were spoilt in the first 4 Wilder seasons. I don't recall many poor performances and you always felt the players were giving their best. Perhaps too much in a way, becuase I reckon there were quite a few that definitely 'peaked' during that time.

If anyone remembers watching us in the 1980's, it was standard for the fans to boo the team for not putting a shift in. I've seen us win games in that period and the team still get booed off the pitch!

Why . Footballs supposed to be 11 v 11 entertainment . Its only 23 years since man city were in div 3. They might statistically be the best but that doesn't mean they can't be criticised

Indeed. They finished at least ten points worse off in the league than a club with their resources should have done.

Did Jesus score for Watford daddy ?
..and do you know in a funny way he did
I recall it as being "daddy" , "yes Nigel", "did Jesus play for Tottenham Hotspur" , "and you know in a funny way he did" , but billy Connolly did change his routines to suit an audience

I recall it as being "daddy" , "yes Nigel", "did Jesus play for Tottenham Hotspur" , "and you know in a funny way he did" , but billy Connolly did change his routines to suit an audience
No you're right you're memory's better than mine

Back
Top Bottom