'Memries' Gillingham 4-0 Blades 2015

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DifferentClass

Official Simpsons shitposter
Reaction score
A pretty low point in SUFC history.

Many of us thought Adkins was THE man to get us out of League One, but looking back with some of the "players" he had at his disposal I have to wonder what we were smoking!

I was on holiday at the time so mercifully wasn't privy to the "result" live. But I remember someone on FB calling us the "laughingstock of football"- not much has changed! I hoped this was a blip, a kind of reverse new manager bounce, and that things could only get better from there on in. Aww bless.

As an aside, the scorer of their third was an up-and-coming Irish lad, name escapes me for now...

Was there, in Gillingham end with a few Gills supporting pals. Terrible day. Made easier (ish) by several post match boozers in Rochester and a chat with Jim Phipps of all people.

Our team wasn't that bad.

They just played shite on that particular day.

Gillingham ended up finishing two places above us.

If you want to relieve the days where we were really bad. Set pieces a problem and a certain John Egan scoring.

That third goal is always given to Egan but it's an own goal, surely? Egan looks nowhere near it once the initial cross goes over his head, unless this angle is stupidly-deceptive?

That third goal is always given to Egan but it's an own goal, surely? Egan looks nowhere near it once the initial cross goes over his head, unless this angle is stupidly-deceptive?
Collins with the firm header! 😆

I was away too on holiday fishing, not proper fishing, just a token stag do idea with brother in law. Off the coast of Devon I asked my mate to keep me informed of the score as I had no internet then. I can still remember each text and me thinking this will be the first blades goal, this will be the equaliser etc. When the fourth came through as four down I wanted to throw the phone into the sea!

Awful day. At least I’d seen Broad 8 for at TB in Ashes two days before travelling down !!

Back
Top Bottom