Gareth McAuley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silverfox

Reaction score
From the Mirror......

Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell is trying to push through a loan deal for Ipswich's Northern Ireland centre-half Gareth McAuley.

Blackwell badly needs fresh competition at the back - and has his sights on McAuley as he also fears that contract rebel Matthew Kilgallon will move on sooner rather than later.

McAuley could be allowed to move by Tractor Boys chief Roy Keane who has been shaking up his side and is looking to bring in new players to improve his team.

only rumours etc etc but if he's not good enough for Ipswich why is he good enough for us? Blackwell knows Killa is off in January as we aren't going to risk him going for free when his contract runs out so we need someone who can fit straight inot the first team. St Leger would be my choice but I think he's injured at the moment.

Perhaps we're waiting until Saturday to sign St Leger in some sort of ironic statement.

Okay, probably not.

only rumours etc etc but if he's not good enough for Ipswich why is he good enough for us?

I think the idea of who is good enough for who is more fluid than ever.

James Harper has been universally welcomed as a brilliant signing, but he couldn't get in a Reading side that we beat 3-1 a couple of weeks ago. A premier team also wanted to spend 2 million on him. Meanwhile, a player who was poor for us last season and was subsequently released, has signed for a Premiership side.

McAuley is the defender who was at Leicester, is he not? Always rated him when he was there, so could be a decent signing. Especially as he'd be cover too.

He's having an awful start to this season at Ipswich, yeah most of their players have but
he really has compared to last season. Some of the fans don't want him even on the bench nevermind starting games.

Yeah he did.

Still would be a good signing if we can get him.

Back
Top Bottom