Gaffers view.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

First to post a picture of Big Daddy! 🤩

be895b26d2458536416e0ecf18762cbd.jpg

Something has clearly agitated Chris, I think above and beyond people not staying behind to clap, people generally dont react like that unless something has seriously pi$$ed them off.

Whilst I think people should do what they want I think its slightly disappointing more people didnt hang around to clap the team off, we're currently 6th with the team working their nuts off to get there. Do what you like for me, but lets not take for granted what its taken to get to this point.

Given some of his bad reactions to fairly similar performances, it's a bit odd. I assume something is annoying him. Sure, we had a lot of possession today but that's largely because they were happy to give it up.

Given some of his bad reactions to fairly similar performances, it's a bit odd. I assume something is annoying him. Sure, we had a lot of possession today but that's largely because they were happy to give it up.
Give it up ? We pressed won the ball kept it used it wisely when they gave it up it was due to our press

Bloody hell Worksop ….you've got my applause (live in Mancs) so I know what a bloody awful drive that is! wow

Something has clearly agitated Chris, I think above and beyond people not staying behind to clap, people generally dont react like that unless something has seriously pi$$ed them off.

Whilst I think people should do what they want I think its slightly disappointing more people didnt hang around to clap the team off, we're currently 6th with the team working their nuts off to get there. Do what you like for me, but lets not take for granted what its taken to get to this point.

Wider’s damn right and what’s more he’s right. People wandering off on 38 mins while we are on the attack cos that food/drink is so vital. People sloping off in the last 10 minutes and no there are very few good reasons to do that. Twats the lot of ‘em.

I think we played well in spells. We really do lack the killer striker that top level teams have in order to convert the chances we create.

We still have some silly mistake in our locker as well though. For example giving away silly avoidable fouls around the box.

We shouldn't be harsh on the lads though. Hopefully we can regroup and give the last third of the season a right good push.

Maybe the expectation is biting a bit? We’re all happy with a fantastic season but the media talk of CL might have reset the pressure switch in his eyes. Today was a game we should have won, we all know that so maybe he’s getting his retaliation in first?
Hope it was just a one off and he gets back to normal next week.

Bloody hell Worksop ….you've got my applause (live in Mancs) so I know what a bloody awful drive that is! wow
Don't worry, the fuckers are well aware to stay clear of us while are there and let us get on with the job. Their H&S have already been fucked off, already on defcon4 ..... Silver Renault Trafic .... beware

I thought we were superb today. The Premier league has been hyped up way beyond what it actually is.

Brighton are a mediocre team. And there are plenty of 'Brightons' in this league. We've gone beyond their level in our first season.

The future is so bright it's bloody frightening.

(We pulled a point back on Leicester in third place today).

Wider’s damn right and what’s more he’s right. People wandering off on 38 mins while we are on the attack cos that food/drink is so vital. People sloping off in the last 10 minutes and no there are very few good reasons to do that. Twats the lot of ‘em.
Damn right, it fooks me off too. Some people are more interested in getting yet another fucking (mediocre) pint, or a pie, than watching the game and getting behind the team. You can buy as many pints you want after the game has finished. Go to Asda, buy a fucking box of 24 Fray Bentos Beef and Onion if you want. What is it about the 90+ minutes we're at the Lane, probably less than once a fortnight these days, that possesses people to queue while the game is ongoing ?? it beats me.......

I thought we were superb today. The Premier league has been hyped up way beyond what it actually is.

Brighton are a mediocre team. And there are plenty of 'Brightons' in this league. We've gone beyond their level in our first season.

The future is so bright it's bloody frightening.

(We pulled a point back on Leicester in third place today).

My logic says this: Brighton are a mediocre team and today we could only manage a draw against them, therefore we weren’t superb.

We were good in possession and we kept them from having many (if any) real chances but we also created very few real chances ourselves. Personally I thought we were good up to the final 3rd, where we were poor. The amount of times I saw us get into a crossing position for us to then just loft a ball directly onto the head of one of their giant defenders really wound me up. It seemed completely beyond us to try something different, like a low and hard cross.

A point is ok but if we really want to be good enough for a European spot we need to make teams like Brighton work harder than they did for a point against us.

'I'm on one here aren't ah'.... says it all.. he wants everything that can come to this magnificent club.. follow the Messiah he will lead us to the promised land.. and FFS support this truly great team. COYRAWW

For the performance Chris seems to have thought they should have got a standing ovation as they walked off. For me watching it today we bossed them but up front we didnt do our best. Loads of corners coming in high against a very tall back four wasnt the way to play it. Overshot crosses and crosses that could not beat the first man didnt demand such applause to me. Almost like watching a different game to CW in the last third. Brighton were shocking and looked deflated.

McBurnie should have scored, missed a sitter. Billy nearly scored in first five minutes. Praying for Fleck to score today after getting the contract and he nearly did three times.
We are playing as a team and scoring as a team. Stevens brilliant goal. Still worries me none of the strikers are regularly scoring. Thinking more about next season when teams may be wiser of us.

Must be some kind of record where we are 6th and have no player in the Top 25 PL scorers. :) (Fleck & Mousset 34th with 5)

Disappointed we didnt get 5th cant help it but how amazing to say that ! Watching the Sky highlights says it all when it shows all Blades attacks and just the goal for Brighton.

What a season. Now another two week rest and marching on up !

Last edited:
Just to be clear about this. I, the paying punter, have spent thousands of pounds over the 50 years I have supported the Blades. That includes shelling out money to visit God forsaken hellholes such as the terraces of Hartlepool and Darlington (although Darlo was quite fun). You, Chris, and the fantastic set of players you have gathered together, earn shedloads of cash the likes of me can only dream of for doing what you are paid to do. I don’t begrudge any of you a penny of it. This is the best season I have ever had supporting United and really enjoying the thick after oh so much thin. If there is the odd day that you feel the magnificent support over the years is lacking, just cut us some slack. We have earned it just as much as you have.

If the boys give 100% they deserve our thanks. They didn't leave anything out there today. We lacked a bit of quality, but that's just where we are in our journey right now. I wasn't there today, I watched on a stream, but if the place was half empty at full time then Wilder is within rights to call it out.

Seemed to be more to it than just that to me though. Unusual to see him that agitated.

I work my balls off, 12, 13 hour days this week back and forth to warrington. Anytime the lads wanna give me a round of applause as I return down the M1 after 6pm any night week, please feel free.

Why are you in the entertainment business ? What a ridiculous thing to say. What do you do during a game, read a book ?. So when Stevens scored that screamer today should we all have just sat there in silence ?

If the boys give 100% they deserve our thanks. They didn't leave anything out there today. We lacked a bit of quality, but that's just where we are in our journey right now. I wasn't there today, I watched on a stream, but if the place was half empty at full time then Wilder is within rights to call it out.

Seemed to be more to it than just that to me though. Unusual to see him that agitated.

Wilder himself says he won’t applaud effort because it should be a given. Why does he think we should applaud it?

Wilder himself says he won’t applaud effort because it should be a given. Why does he think we should applaud it?

Because we're fans. As a manager he has to say things like the above to motivate and inspire better performances. That's not really our job. We should be getting behind them when they need it and appreciating them when they deserve it.

Thought the result didn't reflect the performance today, unfortunately when it comes to finishing, and producing killer balls we are still some way behind the likes of Liverpool, Man City etc. Most enjoyable game of the season for me. The fans streaming out before the end happens at every game no matter what the result or who we have played.

As much as I like Chris, and on most after match comments he seems to say what my lot have felt I don't agree with everything he has to say
Definitely a bit prickly ! something or someone got up his arse.
There is a trend when conditions are poor for some fans to leave early , can understand his frustration at that as we were really finishing strongly and could have scored at any time.
We just lacked that bit of nous to add to the effort we put in .
Considering the'yre a possession based team they didnt have much of it , just couldnt find a winner.

Because we're fans. As a manager he has to say things like the above to motivate and inspire better performances. That's not really our job. We should be getting behind them when they need it and appreciating them when they deserve it.

I think his comments today were in direct contradiction to the comments after the Leicester game, when the fans stayed behind and applauded the workrate & performance, and CW said that wasn’t sufficient as we’d not got the result.

Something other than the game today had upset him.

Back
Top Bottom