Frustrated thread…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Same under wilder last season and time & time again this season - losing ball from poor corners or in open play on their 18 yard box only to concede from a break away. The midfield nowhere. Stop the ball, regrouo

Poor defending, yes, but poor goalkeeping as well.

Organisation without the ball is terrible, we’re Keegan-esque, no structure, just flair players trying to score more.

It’s the same issues each week, we’re easy to play against if teams press us. When we went 0-1 up, we sat in, we can’t do this, we have to keep pushing. Terrible again

Point is we can't defend but we can't score either. But midfield is non existent too and Olsen seems to wish he was elsewhere. We have no identity, no fight or character. We have a couple of good players one who is on loan, one is 35. We can all identify the problems. But the solution? Fuck knows. Slav's 'process' or 'revolution' isn't working. We're too soft. Loads of issues all over the pitch.

Frustrating to say the least.. these have just been hammered 7-0 and we give them so much encouragement by overpassing and giving the ball away cheaply and in bad areas. . they must have thought there's something in it for us today lads.
We got in good positions at the other end but to often the wrong option, or don't get the final ball right.. I know we were chasing the game, but far to open for the counter.. Rovers deserved it in the end.
Positives..Brewster's goal, and Gibbs White played well +Billy first half.

Surely by now Slav must be able to see that the players he has don't suit the system he's trying to play? He needs to work out a system for the players he's got until he can bring in the players he needs to play the system he wants to play. Continuing to try the same thing week in, week out resulting in the same inevitable failures is utter madness.

The only thing that's consistently changing is our position further down the table and the number next to the minus in the goal difference column, which gets bigger every week.

I'm all for Slav but his stubborness is starting to grate on me. These players cannot play his system and he's stuck with them. So find something that works.

Play 5-3-2 or 5-4-1.

Our midfield is painfully weak. When they can't cover enough ground it forces defenders out of position. Panic follows, and we struggle to press, cover and mark properly.

The whole disorganised pursuit of Viera is looking more and more like a huge own goal by the club. We should have quickly moved onto and secured another target in the crucial mobile and physical DMC role. In the end SJ had to try and sort it out himself with Guerdiora.

Our midfield is painfully weak. When they can't cover enough ground it forces defenders out of position. Panic follows, and we struggle to press, cover and mark properly.

The biggest problem with our defence is out midfield. All 4 today were defensively dire. It doesn't help that Basham and Egan both sometimes decide to charge forwards, leaving Norwood as cover....

Apart from Stoke the only other teams we’ve beaten are the bottom 4. Equal points off top 6 and bottom 3. Could go either way but I’m guessing with our defensive frailties it won’t be upwards.

WHY IS EDNA STEPHENS PLAYING??????
BOGLE CRAP & Egan is not without blame.
Keeper has made as many good saves as Brewster has scored goals.
Enda Stevens. Take your point though. However, no point singling out individuals now. The problem is at the top. I'm not anti-Prince but the system he has in place in terms of recruitment, structure etc isn't working. And he has spent money. Too much maybe spent on the wrong players. Whose fault is that?

In my view there are problems all over the place.
An aging team with some of them Norwood and Fleck here along time.
Loss of form of other players such as Egan and Stevens.
Younger players...Mousset McBurnie and Brewster Berge who haven't contributed or even claimed a regular place.
A wasted transfer window with poor signings made in panic as the window was closing. MGW our only promising one.
A lack of leadership and organisation on the pitch. Egan is not dictating and controlling the other defenders.
A lack of midfield options as Norwood and Fleck are first choice.
Slav playing to a system but shoehorning in players that are out of their natural position. And a midfield not capable with that system.
A lack of passion from the team in general.
A goalkeeper who is not inspiring confidence in those around him.
A lack of transfer funds due to 100m being largely wasted.

So overall Slav has made mistakes and must take some blame. But there are real structural problems in the club regarding finance and recruitment. With an aging squad and no one interested in buying any of our younger players. We are in for a rough ride to turn this ship around. It won't matter who is manager there is so much wrong that mid table is the best we can hope for.

i was optimistic about utd v Blackpool. as we played great & with our chances. shouldve won at a canter. but today is 1st time ive serious doubts over slav or the players. drop off from blackpool to forest & Blackburn this week is scary as Poveda & Brereton ripped our defence apart at will for most of that game & basham saved it. from it been far worse many times. we need who ever mowbray got to shove rocket up rovers backside

The fact that our players started everyone of their attacks today was frustrating.

Enda Stevens. Take your point though. However, no point singling out individuals now. The problem is at the top. I'm not anti-Prince but the system he has in place in terms of recruitment, structure etc isn't working. And he has spent money. Too much maybe spent on the wrong players. Whose fault is that?
Whoever is choosing the players?? You tell me.
So when Bogle goes down feigning injury & fails to get up even though his team mates are defending frantically & the ref (rightly so) is ignoring hjm: .. don't tell me I can't criticise individuals.
All the above players are highly paid & talk the talk. In my opinion there are too many not committed 100% to the Blades.
Brewster scored today & you'd think he'd scored 30 with his work rate afterwards.
Moose: I may be old school but (my neanderthal brain) if you're going to wear gloves on a mild afternoon then you ain't committed.
Good plauers show bravery when things are tough or form is poor, Enda has shown for 18 months only a safe/easy-life attitude.
As for the keeper ffs I have never seen an international keeper play a third of a season without pulling off at least 1 worldy!!! He didn't become an international playing so crap so why?????

Back
Top Bottom