Free Bogle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nedski

Reaction score
  • He's not going to displace Gorgeous George
  • His defensive work was a little suspect
  • He is very skilful and a great dribbler
Let's move him further forward. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Ndiaye but this is the perfect opportunity to utilise his skills correctly.

Let's move him further forward. I'm not saying he's the second coming of Ndiaye but this is the perfect opportunity to utilise his skills correctly.
Agree entirely.

He’s be best off working on his left foot if he wants to play.

Left back is By far our weakest position.

I was getting my pitchfork out. Thought you were suggesting to release him at first 🤣

It's a good suggestion as it allows for his defensive weakness, gives George the shirt at right back, and he's one of only a few players whose first thought is drive forward and run with the ball. He scored some good goals last time in the Premier League.

He rolls his socks down like Ndiaye so you never know.

In all seriousness though. this has been mentioned before and I thought it was a daft idea then and still do now. Replacing the role Ndiaye/McAtee/MGW have played in the last couple of seasons with a RWB who isn't good enough to play at RWB isn't something I'd get excited about.

You see potential in Jayden but he's another who has any momentum slowed by injuries.

Bit like Lowe in that he switches off to much for me.

Going forward he's a threat and will score one or two. Behind George for me though.

I always find this an interesting question and maybe I think it's something where my knowledge of football just hits a wall and needs a more technical insight. Take out the fitness issue...just for the sake of hypotheses. Bogle is a very gifted footballer, he plays like some 80s Brazilian at his best. A couple of years ago, he was briefly looking like our best player and one of those who could pay back his transfer fee and more should we move him on. We play 3-4-3 a lot of the time, I don't know what we call these positions these days, I would say inside-right, but its maybe and attacking-midfielder-right-centre. Bogle seems to have all the skillset to play in this position, and even though he starts as right wing back, he spends a lot of the time, in these areas of the pitch away from the touchline, supported as our system allows by an overlapping right centre-back. It's often been suggested by fans over the years to move him further forward or inside, but has yet be tried, even towards the end of the game as late tactical switch by 3 managers. Baldock seems to be at the height of his game at the moment and demands the shirt at RWB, but it means.....should he be fit....in a fairly limited squad, we have one of our potentially most creative players sat on bench, not active. Again, modern football is an incredibly tactical game and it is far harder for players just to switch position, without a lot of coaching maybe....or maybe there is something in Bogle's game that is more effective receiving and running onto play from deep, with space in front of him.....I remember this was the case when Borbokis was moved further forward. But I am just interested from others, who maybe more knowledgable, why this might not be an option ?

Is he fit long enough to be relied upon?

Pre-injury, he looked like he was going to have a career at the highest level.
But last season he badly underperformed and, to be honest, his fitness issues are concerning at this stage.
He, like many others in our squad, are injured far too often.

Been saying this all last season, play him in midfield, especially as Berge will probably be the next to go!

Back
Top Bottom