Forward pairing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CornwallBlade

I got the ball ref!
Reaction score
I have been seriously unimpressed to date but thought McBurnie was outstanding today. Defensively and up front, he won everything. Didzy was so far off the mark it highlights how much we need a Him/Billy minus 10 years - get that and with JoC back, we’ll be scoring again. I was alarmed at how much we went went long ball but figured that CW recognised we couldn’t outplay them in midfield with the depleted lineup.
Final thought - what’s up with Fleck? Shocking since lockdown- is he on his way?

I have been seriously unimpressed to date but thought McBurnie was outstanding today. Defensively and up front, he won everything. Didzy was so far off the mark it highlights how much we need a Him/Billy minus 10 years - get that and with JoC back, we’ll be scoring again. I was alarmed at how much we went went long ball but figured that CW recognised we couldn’t outplay them in midfield with the depleted lineup.
Final thought - what’s up with Fleck? Shocking since lockdown- is he on his way?

I thought that was the strongest midfield?

If we lose on Thursday, we've got nothing else left to play for. The following next games we need to treat it as pre season, try every single forward pairing and see what sticks, maybe even playing one up front with Freeman behind, because we need something to shake us up.

For me it's didzy plus one other for me. Sharp and mcburnie are not a good pairing. Those 3 appear to be the only realistic options.

For me it’s Mcburnie +1 as things stand squad wise when two up front. Mousset is the stand out choice but his head isn’t right for a top flight footballer.

Billy Sharp should be a 25 minute option every week. Mcgoldrick can link and play off a striker but can’t rely on him in this division.

baffles me how with such a dip in form (which I believe is temporary) that we haven’t seen more of Freeman as a number 10 or Zivkovic starting.

I think it’s inevitable we will lose 1-2 in the summer as a fantastic season does have downsides and form players are in the spotlight. On the basis that we retain the squad we are desperate for an athletic striker.

For me it’s Mcburnie +1 as things stand squad wise when two up front. Mousset is the stand out choice but his head isn’t right for a top flight footballer.

Billy Sharp should be a 25 minute option every week. Mcgoldrick can link and play off a striker but can’t rely on him in this division.

baffles me how with such a dip in form (which I believe is temporary) that we haven’t seen more of Freeman as a number 10 or Zivkovic starting.

I think it’s inevitable we will lose 1-2 in the summer as a fantastic season does have downsides and form players are in the spotlight. On the basis that we retain the squad we are desperate for an athletic striker.
Lose one or two of our better player's mate and replace them with lesser players and we're up against from the start you have to add and improve if not we might go back to we're we came, and it will be without the Gaffer!

Couldn’t agree more, but unfortunately the £20million paid for Berge and Mcburnie are still high profile transfers in the clubs eyes which tells you all about what’s coming in the summer. Not a lot.

CB, RM and ST minimum and that’s IF Henderson’s back for one more year if not GK too. Is it coming? I doubt it.

We are frequently playing Lundstram. Someone who’s unsure if he wants to sign a new contract and below average for the division we’re in.

The season we’ve had is nothing short of fantastic and when you analyse its unbelievable to be honest. We either go to the next level in the summer or take a step back, the club will decide itself.

Couldn’t agree more, but unfortunately the £20million paid for Berge and Mcburnie are still high profile transfers in the clubs eyes which tells you all about what’s coming in the summer. Not a lot.

CB, RM and ST minimum and that’s IF Henderson’s back for one more year if not GK too. Is it coming? I doubt it.

We are frequently playing Lundstram. Someone who’s unsure if he wants to sign a new contract and below average for the division we’re in.

The season we’ve had is nothing short of fantastic and when you analyse its unbelievable to be honest. We either go to the next level in the summer or take a step back, the club will decide itself.

You talk as if money is no object! Before last summer if we had been told we would buy 2 players at £20 million & 3 between £5-10 million we would have been in ecstasy, but suddenly you are talking down 'not a lot'.

My dad is 97, fought on D Day, & is one of the last from his battalion, & has a saying 'a fool & their money are soon parted'. And you must be skint if you can throw money around like you expect the club do. What do you expect £50 million on Chris Woods & Danny Ings? It is easy to spend other peoples money!

We need McGoldrick and a McGoldrick double. Without him there is no link up man. He's our most important forward player but be cannie play every game

how about Redmond from Southampton. Not sure how much he would cost though but I think he’s better than mcgoldrick..

You talk as if money is no object! Before last summer if we had been told we would buy 2 players at £20 million & 3 between £5-10 million we would have been in ecstasy, but suddenly you are talking down 'not a lot'.

My dad is 97, fought on D Day, & is one of the last from his battalion, & has a saying 'a fool & their money are soon parted'. And you must be skint if you can throw money around like you expect the club do. What do you expect £50 million on Chris Woods & Danny Ings? It is easy to spend other peoples money!
[

Your dad then like many others had a great attitude and an amount of courage. I admire they’re actions and I’m grateful for what they did. But it’s not all that relevant to a football forum.

My point being you get what you give and if we spend we will stay up, if we don’t we will flirt with the Prem until we go back to the championship.

Money is tight, and yes we are a smaller club However there is enough money coming in for the club to either “have a go” or accept we’ll make the club financially healthy and return to the championship.

Months ago £20million was a big fee we were 12months out of league one. We’re now going to be staying in the best league in the world For another season and we’re not going to do it again by keeping our hands in our pockets. A chance hundreds of clubs would kill for ... so choose wisely.

Chris wood and Danny ings would most definitely not be who I’d be pinning my hopes on.

Before anything else is said it really is that simple.

My seat and season ticket will be paid for regardless of the outcome. As always.

It was great to see McGoldrick finally get a goal yesterday but for me he's become more of a midfielder now and doesn't get into goalscorer position as often, but his play overall still justifies a starting spot.
However, I still think we need more pace up front!

Plucking name's out of thin air isn't going to work, we need players who can play the way Chris Wilder wants them to and with the passion to play for Blades. A whole 11 of great individuals is not what I want to watch.

McBurnie and Mousset has to be worth a try but I'm absolutely certain we'll never see it.

Did he not sign that new contract then?

For me it's didzy plus one other for me. Sharp and mcburnie are not a good pairing. Those 3 appear to be the only realistic options.

In the short period all 3 were on the pitch together yesterday we looked better as an attacking force than has been the case for a very long time .

It was great to see McGoldrick finally get a goal yesterday but for me he's become more of a midfielder now and doesn't get into goalscorer position as often, but his play overall still justifies a starting spot.
However, I still think we need more pace up front!
I agree. I think this season, McG is filling the gap that has been vacated by Duffy - not in his style of play, but in the areas he is occupying and bridging the gap between midfield and attack.
I think we need a busy forward to play with him with plenty of pace and movement - hence why he looks best with the Moose. I really wish Moose had the fitness and attitude of Billy to go with his natural ability. Such a shame that he's always struggling for fitness and doesn't seem to have a consistent 90mins in him

McBurnie did fine today but we need better, I am sorry to say

I’ve all but written Mousset off now, I cannot see him ever getting himself fit or realising his huge potential. It’s a terrible waste of talent, but he clearly hasn’t got the correct mental attitude to excel? So frustrating, I’d have thought the goals he scored early on in the season, the adulation he received from the crowd, would be just the sort of spur he needed to encourage him to really push himself.

But almost a year later he’s still not fit enough for 90 minutes, so rightly or wrongly, I have to conclude he’s either bone idle or just a fucking moron ☹️

Back
Top Bottom