For what it's worth... Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
I thought he was superb last night and one of his best games for us. Maybe he flourishes in a midfield duo so that he's got more time and space on the ball and not being restricted in a compact midfield trio.

Either way, I am a critic of Berge and know many others are - credit where credit's due, he was very very good last night and i think others in the same boat of me should eat a slice of humble pie when he does have a good performance.

Albeit, he still needs to put in more performances like that to justify the £20m tag. Keep it up Sander.

I thought he was fine in the first half, but let's be honest that 2nd half the midfield barely got a sniff of the ball. There was one occasion 2nd half he ran into the box and cut the ball back, but no one made a run to the near post which was disappointing. Generally I think our movement in the box is terrible.

I'm generally a defender of Berge, but I thought he was poor yesterday. He was completely at fault for their goal. In the second half, he ducked out of a header at the far post, which led to a very good chance for them. 65% pass accuracy (the lowest of our midfield). A long way from 'superb', in my book.

I thought he was superb last night and one of his best games for us. Maybe he flourishes in a midfield duo so that he's got more time and space on the ball and not being restricted in a compact midfield trio.

Either way, I am a critic of Berge and know many others are - credit where credit's due, he was very very good last night and i think others in the same boat of me should eat a slice of humble pie when he does have a good performance.

Albeit, he still needs to put in more performances like that to justify the £20m tag. Keep it up Sander.

Personally thought he was bang average 6/10. I suppose that’s still better than his recent performances

I think he was somewhere between the two.

He did play much better than in recent games where he's largely been ineffective and run around a bit...

Last night he tried to control his possession much better, retained the ball better and his running around was much more productive.

I wouldn't say that he's anywhere near superb, but a big improvement alongside Doyle.

That deeper role for Berge suits the side better when McAtee plays as we look much more stable.

He was good till they scored, tbf they changed second half and had loads of build up players but no proper striker so outnumbered us, their only real chance was roberts hitting the bar.

yes he was better last night especially in the first half but dissapeared again in the 2nd half hes capable of so much more certainly better with doyle and mcatee than the 2 snails norwood and fleck

I think he was somewhere between the two.

He did play much better than in recent games where he's largely been ineffective and run around a bit...

Last night he tried to control his possession much better, retained the ball better and his running around was much more productive.

I wouldn't say that he's anywhere near superb, but a big improvement alongside Doyle.

That deeper role for Berge suits the side better when McAtee plays as we look much more stable.
This

Good spells in first half - awol second

No more no less but an improvement for 45 mins against a low bar

I'm generally a defender of Berge, but I thought he was poor yesterday. He was completely at fault for their goal. In the second half, he ducked out of a header at the far post, which led to a very good chance for them. 65% pass accuracy (the lowest of our midfield). A long way from 'superb', in my book.
Actually I will disagree. it was Robinson who had been dragged across who did not pick him up. Berge was moving to fill the hole between defence and midfield. If any fault, there was no communicaiton between Berge and Robinsion.

He's definitely shown signs of a little bit more 'agression' in the past few matches. Maybe McCall been working with him a bit?

Game of two halves for me.

First half he was carried away on the joie De vivre that Doyle, Jebbison and McAtee and did ok.

Second half when they tired and we needed him to step up and get his cahoones out, he went predictably missing.

Guess if your a Rolls Royce believer? If you are then plenty of evidence in the first half to make you case. If you're a flop believer, similarly, plenty of evidence in the second half to support your case...

Answers on a Postcard!

Actually I will disagree. it was Robinson who had been dragged across who did not pick him up. Berge was moving to fill the hole between defence and midfield. If any fault, there was no communicaiton between Berge and Robinsion.

Totally agree. Robinson did what we coach our under 11s not to do and followed a player thus leaving a massive gap... Robinson should have held his position and let Egan pick up the forward running across...

Berge had tracked back into the corner, won the ball, cleared it to the half way line and they attacked from there. He did look a bit half asleep, the man who scored wasn’t his to mark, so it’s harsh to say it was all down to him. If he hadn’t worked so hard to track back, he wouldn’t have been where he ended up and you wouldn’t be blaming him for not picking up somebody else’s man 🙂

I thought he was superb last night and one of his best games for us.

Not sure where "superb" is coming from....think he was generally good, 7 out of 10 in the 1st half, 5 out of 10 in the 2nd half.
Last night should be the minimum level of how he performs every match.
However appreciate he's been struggling a lately, so "good" is an improvement and he's deserves credit for it.

He found himself in good positions but either he was unlucky or quality let him down regards the final ball
however like our other players, his body language was much better, he looked up for it, showed more aggression and effort.
So I'm much happier with how he performed, hope he keeps it up and maybe he'll show more of his promise.

Completely at fault? 😂😂

He cannot be expected to play like a £20m player if he is not that good. He didn’t fix the fee, but others did, giving us a greater expectation of his ability than was justified.
However I do think he is better than most of our players: he rarely loses the ball and rarely misplaces a pass, even under pressure. When he attacks he is clearly difficult for a defender to deal with.

From my own shite level of football, I always think the deepest lying player (who can see the whole picture) is the one who needs to be vocal and assign responsibilities.

Probably should have been Robinson doing that, but he was distracted by the runner. Given how rarely our clearances stick up front, the defence should be used to a quick reset.

Berge had tracked back into the corner, won the ball, cleared it to the half way line and they attacked from there. He did look a bit half asleep, the man who scored wasn’t his to mark, so it’s harsh to say it was all down to him. If he hadn’t worked so hard to track back, he wouldn’t have been where he ended up and you wouldn’t be blaming him for not picking up somebody else’s man 🙂

Fair enough on his original tracking back. However, I'd say that the goalscorer was 'his man'. Players should be awake to changing situations, and his positioning (after the tracking back) clearly looked like he 'had' that man. Lowe had the wider player, and Robinson went with a runner, assuming that Berge was staying with the eventual scorer. It's definitely interesting that we have different takes on the same situation. My money is on Heckingbottom pointing at Berge when they re-watch it in the training ground though.

4/10. Read it on here 🙄

In the last 2 away games he's been tidy enough and decent defensively, to the last minute as well. He helped us close it out on the right side last night, as Fleck did on the left

The main problem was that Egan was initially out of position, Robinson then clearly points at Egan to follow the striker (Gelhardt?) which he does, but then Robinson himself also follows the same player leaving the massive hole for Michut to run in to. Lowe was marking Roberts and did nothing wrong IMO.

Back
Top Bottom