For the good of the club now is a time to unite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Salopian Blade

Reaction score
I have spent hours reading the comments on here.
Like most others I was shocked late Friday afternoon and I have never met Ched Evans,imagine the damaging impact on his team mates,for that reason I am prepared to write off yesterdays performance.
The team have a week to regroup and focus on the job in hand ie win the next two games and win promotion.I am sure Danny Wilson will use all at his disposal to strengthen the sides mental resolve.
As for our support I note Stevenage had a far less home attendance yesterday than our following at MK Dons.The match is on Sky2 and with hopefully a full house we can display to the wider public a club with an appetite for a higher division.As for our last game I think Exeter will by then be relegated and play with an end of season attitude.
Regarding Ched Evans we have to accept he has been found guilty of rape,but doubt he ever viewed it that way based on the way he has applied himself to playing for the blades this season.I would not have thought he would have been able to play with such focus if he knew he was in the wrong.May be a case of ignorance is bliss.

Things will be a little clearer at 5pm next Saturday. I, for one, don't expect the Pigs to win at Brentford. They are a decent side; it's their last home game and they are not out of the play-off race. As for us fans. A week's a long time. Lift your heads out of the pervading gloom and shout until you're sore for the lads who wear the shirts. The names don't matter. One way or another, we shall need those precious three points. Let's leave the team in no doubt that 20,000 and more Blades are more behind them than ever. It really is that important.

I'm done with law, golf and plumbing for a week. One thought; One aim; One desire. Let's be proud and positive. United, we can do whatever it takes. Join me, please.

The Blades are Going UP!!!!!

I agree, put aside whats gone at least till after Exeter city game, 2 games, 6 points and there is no stopping us.
those that back our current top striker, back the other lads to "do it" for him, those that dont back him back the other lads to prove we aren't just a one man team.
what we are is BLADES, one and all, no matter how hard we fall, we just keep getting up again.
United we Stand, divided we might as well support wednesday.
Give it ALL you got for the next 180 minutes of league 1 football, we can push the team past the finish line.
UTB and COYRAWW!!!!!!

MunXy

How ever we feel and whatever our views we must be UNITED if we have any chance of automatic promotion.
Put away your divisions fellow Bladesmen/Ladies and lift the lid off the lane on Saturday.
There have been many disappointments, some successes but in all my 66 seasons this game could rank as being the most important.
With all that has gone on this last week,can anyone comtemplate failure and staying in this division.
Fancy our chances in the playoffs minus our 35 goal striker?
I plead with all of you to provide the backing, without any division and let the country see we are what we are,UNITED.
It is on Sky.
UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED
UTB

Wednesday will win on Saturday, no question of that in my mind. But it doesn't matter if we take care of our own results.

As for support and being in TV, that's what I'm afraid of. Based on some of the other threads on here, we could be in line to embarrass or even shame ourselves in front of the nation.

There have been many disappointments, some successes but in all my 66 seasons this game could rank as being the most important.

Bloody hell, Kent. You make me sound like a nipper! Today is my 50th Anniversary of Blade-dom. My parents took me to an Easter Monday game at Old Trafford on 23 April 1962.

Yes, Saturday is massive. We'll be up for it, don't worry. Time for DW to earn his corn by making sure the team are.

Things will be a little clearer at 5pm next Saturday. I, for one, don't expect the Pigs to win at Brentford. They are a decent side; it's their last home game and they are not out of the play-off race. As for us fans. A week's a long time. Lift your heads out of the pervading gloom and shout until you're sore for the lads who wear the shirts. The names don't matter. One way or another, we shall need those precious three points. Let's leave the team in no doubt that 20,000 and more Blades are more behind them than ever. It really is that important.

I'm done with law, golf and plumbing for a week. One thought; One aim; One desire. Let's be proud and positive. United, we can do whatever it takes. Join me, please.

The Blades are Going UP!!!!!

Heard a rumour that Monty will replace Hill at left back on Saturday.
What do you think to that Pinchers?

Heard a rumour that Monty will replace Hill at left back on Saturday.
What do you think to that Pinchers?

The names don't matter Kenilworth. We're backing 16 Red & White shirts all the way now!

P.S. He's still on Millwall's books until Sunday, you tease.

The names don't matter Kenilworth. We're backing 16 Red & White shirts all the way now!
P.S. He's still on Millwall's books until Sunday, you tease.
Totally agree pinchy, for the next 180 mins, home and away but especially at home because the away support this season has been nothing short of magnificent.
at the Lane on saturday from before kick off to the final whistle win, lose or draw raise the roof, let the doubters around England hear us and let stevenage fear us because as stated WE ARE BLADES!!!!
as John Lydon said in one of sex pistols songs..."give it some bollocks" and put some backbone into OUR players first till last.

MunXy

P.S. He's still on Millwall's books until Sunday said:
I thought the loan was cancelled because of his injury. He was at Saturdays game, I spoke with him in the car park.

I fully expected a "backlash" on Saturday as close as it was to the verdict.

We have to forget it now and have a full week to concentrate on the coming game and get the players ready to go again. Danny has this week to work out how we can best play without Ched (treat it as though he's injured/suspended for a couple of games) and find a way to win the next two (or at least do enough if the pigs can't get a win at Brentford).

It can't be an insurmountable problem to get 6 points from here.

He returned to United but I don't think the loan was cancelled, if that makes sense? Millwall's insurance company will be paying out at the moment.

Totally agree pinchy, for the next 180 mins, home and away but especially at home because the away support this season has been nothing short of magnificent.
at the Lane on saturday from before kick off to the final whistle win, lose or draw raise the roof, let the doubters around England hear us and let stevenage fear us because as stated WE ARE BLADES!!!!
as John Lydon said in one of sex pistols songs..."give it some bollocks" and put some backbone into OUR players first till last.

MunXy

Lydon had long gone before Friggin In The Riggin. I believe it may have been Tenpole Tudor.

The pigs WILL win. As for us, I think we will win too, makes for a very interesting last day. it may well go to the last minute of injury time at Exeter. I just think this season will drag itself out as long as it possibly can.

So what's the bet, anyway? I say Wednesday will win, you say they won't? So you get two results to go at?

Yes. I'm as sure they will not win as you are that they will. Same bet is available to you Muttley, in capital letters if you like.

Anyone else tickling the Pigs' tummies?

I was seriously considering having a few quid down at William Hills for them to win as anything I bet on instantly turns to shit (backed them to win against Palace in the last game of the 09/10 season for that reason and was quite happy I lost my money).

On thinking about it though it feels like this time I'd be backing them against the Blades and I can't bring myself to do it.

Brentford has to win their game or they are done, Stevenage still have a home game against Bury who have nothing to play for ,to get their points even if they lose to us.

Current Betfair odds:

To back (i.e. this is the result you think will happen)

Brentford 5/2
Wendy 5/4
Draw 12/10

To Lay (i.e. this is the result you dont think will happen)

Brentford 14/5
Wendy 5/4
Draw 5/2-13/5

Incidentally, for those of the completely pessimistic nature, you can currently lay us for promotion (i.e. you don`t think we will go up, auto or play offs) at 9/4 on (that you acting as the bookie)

Matching a £50 stake (i.e. you get the £50 if we don`t go up) costs you just £22 if we do...

We are going up,
I said we are going up,
We are going up,
I said we are going up,
We are going up,
I said we are going up!

Back
Top Bottom