Football Manager - prediction on end of season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Porirua-Blade

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has posted this yet, so here goes.

Just read this article on the Manchester Evening News where they use Football Manager to predict the run-in to the end of the season - not the most scientific prediction method, but interesting to see that Football Manager seems to like us as much as Lawro!!! 😂 https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-news/man-utd-city-football-manager-17723173

Prediction on last 13 games (so written before Sunday): 2 wins, 3 draws, and 8 losses. 11 goals for, 22 against...

Computer's don't know Chris Wilder obviously! No chance that happens! UTB

So we only pick 6 more points up in 12 games? Does Steve Nicol & Garth Crooks program that shit?

Even the most pessimistic of our fans wouldn't call this.

I don't think anyone has posted this yet, so here goes.

Just read this article on the Manchester Evening News where they use Football Manager to predict the run-in to the end of the season - not the most scientific prediction method, but interesting to see that Football Manager seems to like us as much as Lawro!!! 😂 https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-news/man-utd-city-football-manager-17723173

Prediction on last 13 games (so written before Sunday): 2 wins, 3 draws, and 8 losses. 11 goals for, 22 against...

Computer's don't know Chris Wilder obviously! No chance that happens! UTB

But that's because the player ratings on there are toss.

Next season's game the ratings of our players will be incomparible.

If you use next season's player ratings that will be used, edit this season's game with those ratings and run the data again, the results would be different.

let them think their contrived bollocks is top punditry
we shall as we have all season just get on with keeping clean sheets
Egan and Oconnel lapping every attack up and us scoring one more than the opposition

without looking I bet they have us to lose at home to both chelsea and Spurs despite both having poor records at bramall lane
and us losing at Man Utd , well thats just lazy journalism not one of them have beaten us yet

I get more connfident with every pundit put down that little plucky unskilled players of Sheffield United will surprise the fuck out of them

THE GREATEST SEASON EVER BY A BASIC FOOTBALL TEAM

But that's because the player ratings on there are toss.

Next season's game the ratings of our players will be incomparible.

If you use next season's player ratings that will be used, edit this season's game with those ratings and run the data again, the results would be different.

Same on FIFA, our midfield and defence are mid 70s, and we're a three star team. None of our players are rated anywhere near what they should be.

That's why we've had no players in the TOTW really, because no-one wants to buy them as EA have rated them so low.

Moose has 77 pace for example. Absolute shambles.

If you're bothered that is, which admittedly, few are likely to be on here haha

Pretty sure the current FM researcher post on here occasionally and confirmed that FM can't cope with our tactics. That means the edge we're getting from having very round pegs in perfectly round holes cannot be replicated in the current FM game engine which exacerbates the relative underscoring of the players' ability.

Egan and Oconnel lapping every attack up and us scoring one more than the opposition

without looking I bet they have us to lose at home to both chelsea and Spurs despite both having poor records at bramall lane
and us losing at Man Utd , well thats just lazy journalism not one of them have beaten us yet

I get more connfident with every pundit put down that little plucky unskilled players of Sheffield United will surprise the fuck out of them

Is it even possible to implement in Football Manager the overlapping centre backs and organised chaos of our current system?

Christ that defending was diabolical

Is it even possible to implement in Football Manager the overlapping centre backs and organised chaos of our current system?
Back at the turn of the century I was playing 2000/1 a lot. Too much really. I used 3 at the back, four in midfield but with wingers not wing backs, pushing forward in possession and an AMC or AMRLC or AM/FRLC in the hole, two strikers. It was my most successful formation and once I’d won with it, I just stuck with it.
Not quite what we’re doing now but I always wondered if it would work in real life.

Back
Top Bottom