Football Heaven.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
Does anyone on here ever ring it up?

I've been listening today, and i think that anyone who even considers ringing it up, would be better served by a full frontal lobotomy first.

It's full of know it all's who know nowt, then no nowts who actually know nowt, and then the icing on the cake is that full weight fucktard 'Brian The Blade', who i think spends all day sat on the shitter working out what load of pearls of wisdom he is going to impart on Football Heaven that paticular evening. Is Brian the Blade a poster on here, i don't think he is but now and then i occasionally read something on here that makes me think that he may have relations.

Then if that isn't that bad, then usually it goes over to someone who says 'I'm a Doncaster Rovers fan', which when you hear those words usually means seconds later your fighting to stay awake. If some of our lot who ring up are bad, then Donny fans seem to have evolved in to the most boring fuckers known to man.

It's full of know it all's who know nowt, then no nowts who actually know nowt, and then the icing on the cake is that full weight fucktard 'Brian The Blade', who i think spends all day sat on the shitter working out what load of pearls of wisdom he is going to impart on Football Heaven that paticular evening. Is Brian the Blade a poster on here, i don't think he is but now and then i occasionally read something on here that makes me think that he may have relations.

You have to take him with a pinch of salt :), I don't think Bruno does post on here, if he does, he's not known :D

I often wonder how our podcast version would have been like if we ever had enough interest :)

I remember a very memorable caller ringing up from the WAlkers after the 4-2 defeat.......

You have to take him with a pinch of salt :), I don't think Bruno does post on here, if he does, he's not known :D

I often wonder how our podcast version would have been like if we ever had enough interest :)

That would be a great idea Foxy.

Will this ever see the light of day?

That would be a great idea Foxy.

Will this ever see the light of day?

We advertised the idea before, on the old "main site"... Was very little interest other than Keenzy singing us some christmas songs down the phone and a famous ex-member who shall remain nameless calling up with some pre/post match comments :)

I'm looking into plenty of potential improvements and we've been planning on ressurecting the "main site" for a long time, so it'll be considered if it's something that would be popular.

What was the "main site" you refer to?

UTB

What was the "main site" you refer to?

News, articles, ground guides, reviews, match reports (kids, reserves, first team), profiles etc etc...

You know, what the official site should be? :D

News, articles, ground guides, reviews, match reports (kids, reserves, first team), profiles etc etc...

You know, what the official site should be? :D

Ah, OK. Why did this die? Funding?

UTB

Ah, OK. Why did this die? Funding?

More the time and effort we spent on it being reduced by changing jobs etc. and never quite getting round to ressurecting it.

Good luck with getting it going again then. It would be nice to have a proper club website....:)

UTB

Now then Brownie. I do question how they are still allowed to broadcast this tripe 6 nights a week? It is the same callers night in night out with the same tired views and Seth or Andy trying to spice it up by asking people to ring in with a team made up of players who sound like vegetables or some such stupidity because the reality is it doesn't matter how much you like football there just ain't that much to talk about!!

It has become a show case for know nowts who think they are minor celebs because they ring every week, with Brian the Idiot Blade being the king minor celebrity. He has spent the last 10 years slagging off everything about United including in a moment of desperation when we got promoted, the state of the urinals in the South Stand.

My favourite in Ken the Blade who because United won 2 -1 the first time he watched them 50 years ago he has put a bet on them to win 2 -1 every game since his 50 year anniversary in December and rings in each week to tell the listening public he has lost again!!

Then we have Paul "The I am never going to watch them whilst ronnie is there" the Miller, but he still has to ring in and comment on them every week despite the fact that he ain't seen them play.

I agree with the thoughts on Donny Fans, they start by gleefully slagging off Sheffield and then droning on incessantly about something, but I can't tell you what because I have normally got more interested by something else like the drying up!

And don't get me started on the pittsmoor fowl who must be calling from the assylum or all the other Owls fans who are on first name terms with Milan and still cannot help but mention crowd size!!

It is garbage and a sad indictment on the BBC that they cannot come up with something fresher and more origional. It should run a maximum of 3 times a week, Friday to build up to the weekend, Saturday for coverage and post match comments and Tuesday for midweeks. any more and you struggle to make it worth listening to, particularly in the age of transfer windows when bugger all happens from week to week anyway.

Its a bit harsh for blaming the BBC for running a phone in and then people phone in. You can go to radio stations around the country and phone ins are full of people who, guess what, phone in. And most of them sound like they have been in one serious accident too many. Its the law of phone ins.

with radio, irc et al
run our own P or G :)

MunXy

You love your IRC don't you? ;)

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

More the time and effort we spent on it being reduced by changing jobs etc. and never quite getting round to ressurecting it.

Shame as i'm sure other people would contribute. I know you've got the blog bit now.

After this term's over i'd be willing to pitch in with some programming. (although it's PHP right?:eek::eek:)

:)

Ken the Blade was on last night, droning on about his 2-1 bet. He likes ringing up spouting a load of bollocks about himself but nothing else more.

i have lost interest in football heaven,it is called a football phone in by the beeb,but when you phone in and vent your spleen on which ever team, the 3 arse lickers namely seth,andy and paul either shoot yer down by constantly defending the club or manager (whichever team) or they cut you off when you tie them up in knots,now in my little world for what its worth,you should be able to say what you feel within reason,you dont have to use bad language to get your point across,talk sport and 606 are more listenable as they dont cow tow to the clubs

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ken the Blade was on last night, droning on about his 2-1 bet. He likes ringing up spouting a load of bollocks about himself but nothing else more.

i heard him as well,you would have thought he would have learnt by now,then again,a fool and his money are easily parted

Yeah, although i'm guessing his 2-1 bets are probably 10p singles.

Football was good on BBC Radio Sheffield when it was Bob Jackson doing it, with the Military March at 4.40, and Praise or Grumble after when it was old school and the callers knew what they talking about

the 3 monkeys that host it really piss me off,i tried a while back to get through on the phone,no chance and email and texts were a waste of time they never get read out,so you think why bother

It's usually a breath of fresh air when David (The Blade) rings up - he's actually coherant.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Fuck - that nothing of a post for my 200th

Makes a change, because the only Blade i know by the name of Dave is a bit of a retard

:croc: :croc: :croc:

Does anyone know who they support? I think one of them supports Halifax Town. Might be playing them soon....

Does anyone know who they support? I think one of them supports Halifax Town. Might be playing them soon....

Brian's a Blade
Ken's a Blade
Pitsmoor Owl is a Wednesdayite

"Football was good on BBC Radio Sheffield when it was Bob Jackson doing it, with the Military March at 4.40, and Praise or Grumble after when it was old school and the callers knew what they talking about".

I certainly agree with Brownie on that comment. The "phone-in" then was about callers having their say, whether they were right or wrong. Bob Jackson was a master of weeding the nutters out by limiting their air time rather than arguing with them as an opportunity to spout their own opinions like the current bunch of "hosts" do.

I always have difficulty knowing which one of the numpties it is on cos they all sound exactly alike to me on Grumble & Grumble.
It's a sad show with a sad set of callers that conform to the stereotype perfectly.
I usually listen until the Blades manager or whoever is giving the after match assessment has finished and then switch off.

i think the show encapsulates the region and in particular the sets of supporters in our great city
most pigs only phone in after they have won and instantly think they are on the verge of "retaining " their big 6 status that they never really had anyway ,if they lose ,the few that do phone in havent set foot inside the shithole in years

blades fans on the other hand love to phone in and complain even when things are going well and dont seem able to enjoy the relative good times and seem to wallow in self pity when things are going wrong
any calls from blades then seem to be to justify the fact that they spotted before anyone else the start of the decline (in some cases as we were being promoted )

the fact only the same few idiots phone in now epitomises the general apathy in general regards sheffield football and the joke it has become

My particular favourites on G&P are the Millers fans, especially on their pet subject of sacking Comedy Ronnie, and who make our fans look like a set of happy clappers in comparison.

any body remember neil warnocks interview a few years back ? it regards a cartoon drawing by some local artist which depicted NW in his office with the wording praise or warnock ! class:D

Back
Top Bottom