FM 2020 + Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Your probably visiting this thread thinking sigh another football game simulation comparison, but you'd be wrong.

Football Manager is used by clubs around the world as a scouting tool, and also used by some media outlets such as Sky Sports News to guage an indication of how well a player will be, or to compare players against each other. FM 2020 was released today to the world, with that the Editor was also released, and I found it interesting.

I'm not sure where or how they get their data (maybe someone does?) but its interesting to see that we have a certain number of fees going out, towards the Transfer of Ollie McBurnie these are;

£300,000 - 10 goals
£300,000 - 15 goals
£300,000 - 20 appearances
£300,000 - 30 appearances
£300,000 - 45 appearances

Which equates to 1.5m

We also have the gollowing leaving the club;

Luke Freeman - £83,333 per month over the next 36 months
Callum Robinson - £125,000 per month over the next 48 months
Lys Moussett - £208,333 per month over the next 36 months
Ben Osbourn - £83,333 per month over the next 36 months
Ollie McBurnie - £312,500 per month over the next 36 months
David Brooks - +£166,666 per month over the next 36 months

We have to give future fees of the following players;

Kean Bryan - 25%
Callum Robinson - 20%
Ben Heneghan - 15%

The game also says we have a club balance of -£10,000,000.

We also have an outstanding £3.05m chairman loan, presumably being paid to Kevin McCabe (not sure)?

Some of this might not be new information, some of it may be. But it may be interesting to some.

This thread has made me realise that we paid almost double the fee we received for David Brooks. Jesus Christ.

This thread has made me realise that we paid almost double the fee we received for David Brooks. Jesus Christ.

I prefer to look at it in the way we got Lys Moussett for almost the same amount, and Moussett has so far contributed to 70% of our our goals this season, Brooks has been injured all of it bar one game.

Success.

Daz on here used to do some scouting of SUFC players I believe. Not sure if he still does.

I've not seen much evidence that any self respecting clubs use FM for their scouting. Aside from anything, it's not been particularly good for some time. And I always buy the fucking thing.

I always think we tend to undervalue our players on the game. And I always tweak Fleck in particular to more of a box to box role.

Daz on here used to do some scouting of SUFC players I believe. Not sure if he still does.

I've not seen much evidence that any self respecting clubs use FM for their scouting. Aside from anything, it's not been particularly good for some time. And I always buy the fucking thing.

I always think we tend to undervalue our players on the game. And I always tweak Fleck in particular to more of a box to box role.

I haven't done it for about 5 years now, not sure who it is who does it now to be honest.

When I was the researcher I used to take the financial side of the game from the latest club accounts. Transfer fees are generally agreed between both club's researchers as the information is rarely made public. Most transfers are structured like above though.

Clubs do use it to identify players on occasion and they will go and scout players in real life as a result. It's not scouting as such but it's used as a tool.

It's tough to balance the ratings sometimes. You're desperate not to overrate players and with how certain attributes are weighted you can easily give them a higher CA than they deserve so you have to manage that too.

I think our researcher generally did well (I'd make a few changes throughout but it's all opinion based). He got plenty of comments about Lundstram but nobody would have argued about his ratings a few months ago, I understand he'll have been given an increase now the game is out.

I've been into the dB this morning and had to edit a couple of players. Lundys ceiling was low 120s which was just to low. Tweaked a couple of positions too.

I've probably been too generous here and there...

Retrained fleck as a mezzala (support) on fm19.

I've been into the dB this morning and had to edit a couple of players. Lundys ceiling was low 120s which was just to low. Tweaked a couple of positions too.

Curious what positions you changed?

Curious what positions you changed?

Myself personally.

Basham to be able to be 20 for CM and RWB
Freeman 20 for CM
McGoldrick 20 for AMC or similar

Generally the players are around 120s and I think some of them are low considering our start and the performances of our players.

Let's ping Mikey and get a game started. it's only been about 15 years since we last did it

Myself personally.

Basham to be able to be 20 for CM and RWB
Freeman 20 for CM
McGoldrick 20 for AMC or similar

Generally the players are around 120s and I think some of them are low considering our start and the performances of our players.

I added 90% blades favourite club to Hendo

Added a lot of club vision for wilder;

Attacking football
Pressing football
Signs domestic based players
Also gave him 18 for motivating, 20 for determination, and changed his preferred formation to this season's instead of last season's.

Also gave Stevens a +7 ca/pa.

Also holidayed a season and a half, sharp retired after the first season and mo besic ends up at wendy on loan in season 2.

Wednesday also had a fire sale with rhodes leaving on a free to Hamilton in Scotland, Forestieri ended up out on loan to QPR. Quite comical tbh

I haven't done it for about 5 years now, not sure who it is who does it now to be honest.

When I was the researcher I used to take the financial side of the game from the latest club accounts. Transfer fees are generally agreed between both club's researchers as the information is rarely made public. Most transfers are structured like above though.

Clubs do use it to identify players on occasion and they will go and scout players in real life as a result. It's not scouting as such but it's used as a tool.

It's tough to balance the ratings sometimes. You're desperate not to overrate players and with how certain attributes are weighted you can easily give them a higher CA than they deserve so you have to manage that too.

I think our researcher generally did well (I'd make a few changes throughout but it's all opinion based). He got plenty of comments about Lundstram but nobody would have argued about his ratings a few months ago, I understand he'll have been given an increase now the game is out.
Do you mean you got access to the full accounts including a breakdown of wages? The published accounts only include the total, no breakdown.

Do you mean you got access to the full accounts including a breakdown of wages? The published accounts only include the total, no breakdown.

Not the wages or transfer fees individually, just for debt and club balances. The wages are always educated guesses and I tried to align them with what I knew about the budget at the time.

Thanks. So, to be blunt, those figures in the OP are just guesses. Or to be very blunt, it’s just made up nonsense for the purposes of a computer game and less real than Jordan’s tits.

Edit:
This thread has made me realise that we paid FOR MCBURNIE almost double the fee we received for David Brooks. Jesus Christ.

They've seemingly had the same shitty match engine for near on a decade now - it really needs an overhaul before I buy another iteration. Plus Miles Jacobsen is a complete dick that seems to be unable to even comprehend any form of structured criticism, I don't really want to line his pockets any further!

Does the match engine still do that thing where a defender running back towards his own goal overruns the ball, essentially backheeling it to an opposition player who then casually rolls it across goal for a striker to tap it in?

😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠

I’m not bitter.

I do this but I end up ruining it. Give us unlimited money, make all the players love the club, make all the players potential 200 bring in ex players as coaches and edit their abilities.

I also write then tramps off too so they tumble through the leagues as I play..

In all honesty think I enjoy the editing more than the actual game play come to think of it

Μπορούμε να έχουμε μια συζήτηση στα ελληνικά, καθώς αυτό θα σημαίνει περισσότερα για μένα από αυτή την ανοησία;

Μπορούμε να έχουμε μια συζήτηση στα ελληνικά, καθώς αυτό θα σημαίνει περισσότερα για μένα από αυτή την ανοησία;
Makes more sense than some of the posts I’ve read today.

I love people talking about CA/PA... I thought it was reserved for the Champ Manager and FM forums.. Obviously not.

Whoever said that they added 7 to Enda Stevens... Surely it needed to be higher. What a player!

Back
Top Bottom