First time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wisewood Blade

Reaction score
First time post guys I think unless drunk previously. Ive been watching from afar on here for a few years. Thought it would be funny to share a story I witnessed tonight. Two hardcore Wednesday fans were sat behind us cheering West Brom on in the ball in crookes whilst every neutral was watching rugby for some reason. A so called former season ticket holder at swillsboro told me he now supports united as we’re now the better team and now has a season ticket on John street from last year. The result aside which was cracking tonight, does anybody on here know/heard of a similar/weird situation from a now or former supporter?

Send him back to the slaughterhouse. Piggy bastard.

Harry Maguire.

His dad took him to watch the Pigs as a kid, but he thought ''na, balls to that fatha, these are gash and I want to play for a proper club. Tek mi tu dem Blade's academy. And can I have an ice cream?''

First time post guys I think unless drunk previously. Ive been watching from afar on here for a few years. Thought it would be funny to share a story I witnessed tonight. Two hardcore Wednesday fans were sat behind us cheering West Brom on in the ball in crookes whilst every neutral was watching rugby for some reason. A so called former season ticket holder at swillsboro told me he now supports united as we’re now the better team and now has a season ticket on John street from last year. The result aside which was cracking tonight, does anybody on here know/heard of a similar/weird situation from a now or former supporter?

Only kids doing it, not adults.

I know of a kid I went to school with who was a Wednesday fan. I had not seen them for a few years and was surprised to see he had become a Blades fan and now takes his son to matches.

I know of a kid I went to school with who was a Wednesday fan. I had not seen them for a few years and was surprised to see he had become a Blades fan and now takes his son to matches.

Myself and my brother grew up without a football mad parent. As we were growing up I watched Liverpool on the TV a lot and my brothers friends were all Wendy. As I got to 9 years old my uncle took me to the lane and that was it tbh. Brother turned a couple of years later. All our kids are or will be blades.

Bear with me on this:
The Son of my girlfriend's sister-in-law's latest husband was taken to 'that' Boxing day match by his Pig step Dad and his (the step Dad) arrogance and the result led him (the Son) to become a Blade!

When I was at school aged 12 the balance of kids claiming to support the Sheffield teams was about 80% in the pigs favour , though in respect of people who actually went to matches about even. But by the time I left at 16 the balance had changed to almost total support for the Blades, & a lot of them I still see at games today.

I was one of only 2 blades in my year at school. I think it's a more even spread these days up Stocky

Mam. Dad and younger brother , now all unfortunately RIP , followed pigs ,
I’m the only sane one of the family , dad took me to the lane , and younger brother to both death trap and the lane ,
The trip too and home from Boxing Day was fantastic,
coach over , ( due to kick off time ) walk into town for 71 home
They’d got the coach back and where waiting for me to get home ffs :mad:

I live over in Cheshire and one of my school mates was a huge Man Utd Fan - he idolised David Beckham.
Then Beckham moved to Madrid and he couldn’t forgive Man Utd for selling him so became a Man City fan like his dad.
I still wind him up about it, when he says ‘City til i die!’ I reply, ‘Unless Beckham returns to Man Utd’

I lived in stocksbridge for 40 years which there were more scum than blades,we had a few turn though as it was a working class area and all the blades were down to earth.still venture up there and as said it’s even spread,some good lads up there.

/

I've spoken to an ex-blade who many years ago swapped allegiances to the dark side. I asked him why and all he said was he got fed up with us being fkin shit

My chin hit the floor when he told me. Surely no one becomes a blade for the glory? It's through thin and thinner int it?

I don't get it. I just don't get it :confused:

/

I've spoken to an ex-blade who many years ago swapped allegiances to the dark side. I asked him why and all he said was he got fed up with us being fkin shit

My chin hit the floor when he told me. Surely no one becomes a blade for the glory? It's through thin and thinner int it?

I don't get it. I just don't get it :confused:
Good riddance.

I,ve got 8 nephews , aged 25 to 39 ,from 2 wendy supporting families. All 8 , i am proud to say, are blades.

If you've been heavily involved in ensuring that each of your nephew's have made the right choice then fair play to you fella. They'll thank you for it one day.

Reminded me of this:

To me it's about family, tradition and belonging. My grandfather who died years before I was born was 16 when Sheffield United were formed. He lived on Alexandra Rd where Heeley City Farm is now.
As 'The Wednesday' had chosen to leave the city ( Hillsborough and Owlerton were not within the city of Sheffield boundaries at that time ) he chose to support the Sheffield team.

Sheffield United are my club, there was no choice involved, it was simply a fact. Your dad takes you down the Lane to see Hagan play and you belong.

I actually feel a certain amount of pity for the bandwagon jumpers who decide to ' support ' a team based on their likelihood of success. What happens when they go through a barren period? All they had in terms of 'loyalty' was the guarantee of trophy's.Lose that even for a few seasons and what else have you got?

When you see a fellow Blade anywhere in the world you know that they are the real deal. Okay, they're obviously barmy, but in a good way.

Piggy Vaughan had a box in our last Prem season.

Used to work at The Lane mid 90’s (Kendall / Spackman era) and would see Vaughan many times coming into the South Stand. He was at Yorkshire then but had not played for England so I knew of him (being a big Yorkshire CC fan) but he wasn’t a household name.

My gran was of the 'going to see both Sheffield clubs' generation but to her dying day said she never forgave United for the cricket ground going so she preferred the other lot!

My mum is definitely a Blade though!

I’m constantly having to explain why I’m a blade...or the connection at least, as I’m from Barnsley, live in Leeds (& work on Elland Road :confused: - luckily it’s at the opposite end to the leeds ground) but my Grandad was a blade and had 3 daughters so took them to the lane and my mum carried on the tradition !

Back
Top Bottom