First time you got hit at a match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Not footy violence related and don't know what's made me think of this today .Used to sit in blut as a kid in the 70 s and whenever the Kop used to sing I used to sing along whole heartedly .Anyway singing along as I was and crack round the back of my head from my dad ( RIP BEST MAN THATS EVER LIVED ) " don't ever sing that again " still no ldea what I had done but turns out we must have been playing wolves or Bolton and I I was happily singing
OH WANKY WANKY
WANKY WANKY WANKY WANKY WONDERERS
🤣

Stans at Townend don't think he had any scissors just clippers n a cut throat , but you got a toy soldier when you left so all was good .
UTB NBM

Grimsby away probably late eighties or very early nineties. Me and my mate looking for a decent boozer pre match. Approached a pub only to be told by the bouncer that we couldn’t come in as there was a function gong on.

Me being a 20 year old know all decided it would be a good idea to ignore him and shoved past him to the bar cue him dragging me out, arguemrmt in the car park and next I knew I was picking myself up off the floor.

Friggin jaw was aching for about a week 😀

Was it that boozer just before the sea front left hand side I will have been in that area at that match somethings jogging my memory about trying to get in there
UTB NBM

Can’t remember buddy to be fair. Had gone there on the train and had been supping since early morning that day. Let’s just say the crack to my jaw sobered me up for a while

As a 16 year old I got to the match late from work Ona Saturday. Ran up the steps to the back of the kop and this HUGE sargeant said I told you to get down in the kop. Mouthy me sez you’ve never spoken to me before cos I’ve only just got here. WACK! Shut your fuckin mouth and get down in the kop or I’ll fuckin lock you up! First time smacked........last time lippy to a copper!

Was it that boozer just before the sea front left hand side I will have been in that area at that match somethings jogging my memory about trying to get in there
UTB NBM
The Leaking Boot?

Just google earthed that out of curiosity. Don’t know about never be mastereds boozer but not the one I went in (for about 20 seconds😀).

All I remember was it had a decent size car park and was on a corner

Bet you struggled to get in Josephine's then
UTB NBM

Posers club. Genevieve was a lot cooler. Talking of which I was watching one of these shows on TV the other day where some vacuous blonde bimbo is attempting to sell someone a villa in Spain and the client was our very own Max Omar. 86 years old and looking as sprightly as ever and the cheeky devil still had a fit bird in tow. Proper legend.

Grimsby away probably late eighties or very early nineties. Me and my mate looking for a decent boozer pre match. Approached a pub only to be told by the bouncer that we couldn’t come in as there was a function gong on.

Me being a 20 year old know all decided it would be a good idea to ignore him and shoved past him to the bar cue him dragging me out, arguemrmt in the car park and next I knew I was picking myself up off the floor.

Friggin jaw was aching for about a week 😀

used to work with a load of guys from Grimsby, they really hate us "Yorkies"

Got a kicking off a Man U fan after an fa cup game at the Lane( we won but can’t remember the year?). His mate dragged him off when he suddenly realised it was mistaken identity😳. Got a bloody nose and smashed specs for nothing😡. ⚔️⚔️

Only thing I can remember is getting strangled in Doncaster away end

Pigs at lane when we gave em a quarter of the kop ( who the fucking hell made that decision ) fighting all match covered in spit and that twat Curran scored , and then got twated on the way out bearing in mind I was only 16 at the time and some full grown man/pig smacked me and layed me out on the floor , not a good day that one !

I was about 9 in 1963, and my older sisters boyfriend tried to ingratiate himself by taking me to swillsboro on his nice shiny Triumph 350cc. My only memories of that game were the frightening ride along the old A57, and being twatted on the back of the head at half time when they brought a massive tarpaulin around and supporters chucked old pennies into it. Put me off the pigs for life.

Pigs at lane when we gave em a quarter of the kop ( who the fucking hell made that decision ) fighting all match covered in spit and that twat Curran scored , and then got twated on the way out bearing in mind I was only 16 at the time and some full grown man/pig smacked me and layed me out on the floor , not a good day that one !
I was in the blut for the game can't remember us giving them part of the Kop I was only 12 tho
UTB NBM

Mines at the Lane but different sport - cricket
When a batsman slowed timed at the crease they would sometimes get a slow handclap, so as a kid I joined in, my dad hated this sort of thing and gave me a small slap.
Got to add that it was different back then, it was fairly normal for lads to get a smack from dads, teachers etc. :(

Mines at the Lane but different sport - cricket
When a batsman slowed timed at the crease they would sometimes get a slow handclap, so as a kid I joined in, my dad hated this sort of thing and gave me a small slap.
Got to add that it was different back then, it was fairly normal for lads to get a smack from dads, teachers etc. :(
Your right Sean got many a clip off mi owd dad and sent to bed
UTB NBM

My only memories of that game were the frightening ride along the old A57, and being twatted on the back of the head at half time when they brought a massive tarpaulin around and supporters chucked old pennies into it. Put me off the pigs for life.
Yes Charlie and the tarpaulin is still in use on Leppings Lane end covering rust, I got battered by pigs in Pond Street waiting for the "Hacky Filer". They had just beat Sarfend to stay in division 3 we were on way back from Rovvrum, I got a right kicking then this big Owls fan said take scarf off I'll help you I said no so they continued, when I finally took scarf off he was true to his word and indeed did help me by which time my beauty was tarnished.

Some big boobie lass, bolton away (bank hol monday, the keef edwards header that got us promoted, the 3-1 loss, keefs goal took us up after the Burnley Hull game foll tues), was chucking bottles, we were in their stand, away end to left full of blades, huge scrapping in bottom left corner of stand, she was just lobbing bottles at anyone, lets say one didn't bounce of my head, was bloody lucky it didn't do any permanant damage......

oh hang on a mo.....
🤫

Some twat projectile vomited over me on the John Street Terrace at a night match v Chelsea in, I think, 1977.

Back
Top Bottom