FA Youth Cup 2011

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some gracious comments from now established premier league players.

Pretty cool for us to see Pogba before he was seriously famous. A bit like going to a gig having never heard of the band, only for them to become a massive act a few years down the line.

Pretty cool for us to see Pogba before he was seriously famous. A bit like going to a gig having never heard of the band, only for them to become a massive act a few years down the line.

He absolutely ran the show in that first leg as well. Looked head and shoulders above everyone else from what I remember.

McFadzean's goal was decent wasn't it?!

My memory was that Maguire (having just broken into the first team) looked a class act.

For them, Pogba looked special, as did Keane and Ravel Morrison.

Must have been comfortably our biggest crowd of the season. I remember it being the only game I came away with pride from.

My memory was that Maguire (having just broken into the first team) looked a class act.

For them, Pogba looked special, as did Keane and Ravel Morrison.

Must have been comfortably our biggest crowd of the season. I remember it being the only game I came away with pride from.

Yes he did, I had seen him play a few times and was telling people he was a future "Chris Morgan", a very big, strong lad for his age.

Yes he did, I had seen him play a few times and was telling people he was a future "Chris Morgan", a very big, strong lad for his age.

Pretty sure his first team debut was as a sub towards the end of the season. Came on for 20 minutes and absolutely thundered into 3 challenges - the best piece of play that whole season.

Pretty sure his first team debut was as a sub towards the end of the season. Came on for 20 minutes and absolutely thundered into 3 challenges - the best piece of play that whole season.
Wasn't it his debut when he came on and put Craig Bellamy in his pocket? Made him look like a right twat (although Bellamy never really needed assistance in that respect).

weirdly i had this thought earlier without knowing it was 12 years ago. what ever happened to john pemberton remember at the time he was this hugely rated coach & many thought shouldve been the senior boss. but he's disappeared

weirdly i had this thought earlier without knowing it was 12 years ago. what ever happened to john pemberton remember at the time he was this hugely rated coach & many thought shouldve been the senior boss. but he's disappeared

Sean McGinty how the hell was he at Man u?

Looking at our 11 and they've all had a career in the game apart from Ben Montgomery?

Last seen managing Chesterfield in 2020...

Update from this post. I may do a full update when we play Man U next season.

FA Youth Cup final side. Most of these players are now around 30.
George Long is now at Millwall in the Championship
Ben Montgomery is no longer in football
Aaron Barry is without a club, left Bray Wanderers (Irish 2nd tier) in January 2022
Matty Harriott is without a club, left Beaconsfield* (Southern Premier South (English 7th tier) in July 2022
Harry Maguire is still just about at Manchester United, world's most expensive defender
Terry Kennedy has retired and won the lottery
Corey Gregory is, I think, at Brighouse Town (Northern Premier East (English 7th tier)
Elliot Whitehouse was at Chester on loan from Scunthorpe last season but he's been released by the Iron and is currently without a club
Joe Ironside is still at Cambridge United in League One
Jordan Slew was released by Halifax Town in April and is without a club
Callum McFadzean is at Disney+FC

Subs:
George Willis is combining coaching in United's academy with playing for Alfreton Town in the National League North (English 6th tier)
Carlos Pomares is at Real Oviedo in the Spanish Segunda División
Poyra Ahmadi was last at Glossop North End in the Northern Premier League Division One South East (8th tier) but is now running a "luxury barber shop" in Manchester
Liam Wilkinson is no longer in football (I think)
Connor Martin is no longer in football (I think)

Bilt like sept 86 at the city hall when i saw Metallica and got a high 5 of Cliff Burton...

Only pogba turned out to be a mardy bastard, but then come to think of it Lars Ulrich.....

Last edited:

Update from this post. I may do a full update when we play Man U next season.

FA Youth Cup final side. Most of these players are now around 30.
George Long is now at Millwall in the Championship
Ben Montgomery is no longer in football
Aaron Barry is without a club, left Bray Wanderers (Irish 2nd tier) in January 2022
Matty Harriott is without a club, left Beaconsfield* (Southern Premier South (English 7th tier) in July 2022
Harry Maguire is still just about at Manchester United, world's most expensive defender
Terry Kennedy has retired and won the lottery
Corey Gregory is, I think, at Brighouse Town (Northern Premier East (English 7th tier)
Elliot Whitehouse was at Chester on loan from Scunthorpe last season but he's been released by the Iron and is currently without a club
Joe Ironside is still at Cambridge United in League One
Jordan Slew was released by Halifax Town in April and is without a club
Callum McFadzean is at Disney+FC

Subs:
George Willis is combining coaching in United's academy with playing for Alfreton Town in the National League North (English 6th tier)
Carlos Pomares is at Real Oviedo in the Spanish Segunda División
Poyra Ahmadi was last at Glossop North End in the Northern Premier League Division One South East (8th tier) but is now running a "luxury barber shop" in Manchester
Liam Wilkinson is no longer in football (I think)
Connor Martin is no longer in football (I think)
Joe Ironside just been released by Cambridge.

Was such a werid away day, we turned out in numbers for the away leg (because the youth team were the only shining light in that season) and outnumbered Man United fans at Old Trafford. We did get outclassed eventually (didn't Tel (Kennedy) or Maguire go off injured?). Was also when Slew was still the gem and future of the club alongside McFadz and George Long

Was such a werid away day, we turned out in numbers for the away leg (because the youth team were the only shining light in that season) and outnumbered Man United fans at Old Trafford. We did get outclassed eventually (didn't Tel (Kennedy) or Maguire go off injured?). Was also when Slew was still the gem and future of the club alongside McFadz and George Long

A Man U supporting work mate of mine when I worked for a company in Bradford went with me to both legs. He was astonished at the Blades turnout at both matches. And he love the Greasy Chip Buttie.

Went to both legs and the one at Bramall Lane was great as we were competitive but the 2nd leg at OT was just totally controlled by Pogba. I remember thinking wish we could get him on loan next season !! The naivety of a Blades fan eh ?

Back
Top Bottom