*** EXTREMELY Controversial OPINION ***

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
This isn't what people want to hear but we are clearly in a mess, not just on the pitch but also financially. We are 9 points off the playoffs, it ain't going to happen unless we have a massive swing of fortune. We have to bite the bullet and do the following in my opinion;

All the big money signings have to play between now and the end of the season in the hope we can resurrect some form and market value. We have spent a fortune on Brewster, McBurnie, Berge , Mousset, Burke etc. As of today these players could leave for nothing or literally an absolute fraction of what we paid for them. We need to try and get them performing just for the future of the club. It sounds like we still need one big sale and if Berge is seriously injury prone it might not be him that gets us the money we need.

I'd love to see nothing more than Sharp and McGoldrick lead the line but we've got to try and resurrect these assets we have overpaid for. It's a sad state of affairs its come to this that we need to play them over those that deserve it but we've spent a fortune on young players on the assumption they will retain or grow their value. Massively backfired atm

This isn't what people want to hear but we are clearly in a mess, not just on the pitch but also financially. We are 9 points off the playoffs, it ain't going to happen unless we have a massive swing of fortune. We have to bite the bullet and do the following in my opinion;

All the big money signings have to play between now and the end of the season in the hope we can resurrect some form and market value. We have spent a fortune on Brewster, McBurnie, Berge , Mousset, Burke etc. As of today these players could leave for nothing or literally an absolute fraction of what we paid for them. We need to try and get them performing just for the future of the club. It sounds like we still need one big sale and if Berge is seriously injury prone it might not be him that gets us the money we need.

I'd love to see nothing more than Sharp and McGoldrick lead the line but we've got to try and resurrect these assets we have overpaid for. It's a sad state of affairs its come to this that we need to play them over those that deserve it but we've spent a fortune on young players on the assumption they will retain or grow their value. Massively backfired atm
Trouble is if we did that they'd still be worthless and we'd definitely be relegated

I agree. That's a good point. Any team we put out is just as good/bad as all the other combinations of lineups we can field. So might as well try to get the expensive signings on some kind of form

No I’d rather lose 100k than have to see that twat McBurnie ever play in a Blades shirt again.

We didn't spend any money on Burke. We got money. Robinson for Burke + £££

True but you realise we paid a decent wedge for Robinson which ultimately equates to at least £5m for Burke

Depends what you think Burke is worth, he's probably worth about £1.5m to some pillock, and I vaguely recollect something about a couple of million + him, and Robinson cost £7m.

We've lost out financially but by far the worst business done recently.

It's not like Robinson was any better for us than Burke has been to be fair, Robinson is a better player but he was crap for us, and he's nesh, which to me is pretty much unforgivable, hate seeing players slowing down for 50/50s, Robinson slowed for 75/25s. I know he had a bad injury but it just rubs me the wrong way.

If we had Robinson now he'd be great in a Slav system, but for Wilderball he wasn't at it.

No I’d rather lose 100k than have to see that twat McBurnie ever play in a Blades shirt again.
That ‘twat’ would likely say the same, unless someone at the club considered how / why he was successful elsewhere instead of expecting him to achieve something with his back to goal , forty yards out & the ball hoofed in his general direction

How about this for controversial opinion. I really enjoyed watching Blackburn take us apart today. As humiliating as it was for us, seeing a team a who had been written off before Saturday, play with so much spirit and determination...Has to be admired. They pressed us so well high up the pitch, they defended like lions when they had to, they came forward with the ball at every opportunity, played through our midfield with speed and purpose, they ran at our hapless defenders with the ball glued to their feet, delivered decent crosses into the box and always managed to get at shot off, whether it was on target or not.
This was everything I hoped my belove Blades would be....But sadly not.
The beleaguered and much maligned Tony Mowbray (like so many managers this season) identified all our obvious weaknesses, and exploited them fully...Bravo Mr Mowbray.

Remember how rubbish this team has been for ages? The manager has inherited a broken team and has major reconstruction to do. If he gets anywhere near the play offs it’ll be a miracle. Mid table is an appropriate target this season.

How about this for controversial opinion. I really enjoyed watching Blackburn take us apart today. As humiliating as it was for us, seeing a team a who had been written off before Saturday, play with so much spirit and determination...Has to be admired. They pressed us so well high up the pitch, they defended like lions when they had to, they came forward with the ball at every opportunity, played through our midfield with speed and purpose, they ran at our hapless defenders with the ball glued to their feet, delivered decent crosses into the box and always managed to get at shot off, whether it was on target or not.
This was everything I hoped my belove Blades would be....But sadly not.
The beleaguered and much maligned Tony Mowbray (like so many managers this season) identified all our obvious weaknesses, and exploited them fully...Bravo Mr Mowbray.
Had anyone seriously written them off beforehand though? Think most people thought it would be a very tough game, particularly given their result the other night.

I’m not saying there the answer by a long shot, but where are Freeman and Burke?! Just pissing money away on wages

The prince needs to sell up.i do,t think any money will be available for transfers in January. Brian the Blade needs to do a car park protest.i will join him.
We are on course for another relegation. the way things are going. the manager has his hand tied behind his back. he does not rate half of the players.I bet he does not want to play a 3-5-2 formation. Norwood Fleck. is not performing we have a dodgy goalkeeper. we are in the shit again.

Had anyone seriously written them off beforehand though? Think most people thought it would be a very tough game, particularly given their result the other night.
Tell that to the Blackburn fans, many were hoping we’d be putting the final nail in Mowbrays coffin...so to speak.

Clutching at straws again Silent - were you at Ewood yesterday ? On Tuesday night I told you I'd reconsider my views after the Blackburn game.
I have.
It's a relegation battle and we have an army of wimps
Just correcting the poster who thought it was 9, not clutching at straws. No I didnt go yesterday. We are not going down.

Lucky for them they were up against us then I guess!
Lucky for him...But you can’t sack a manager who’s team put in such a rampant display. I guess they’ll have to wait for the next decent team to come along...To get rid of Mowbray.

Just correcting the poster who thought it was 9, not clutching at straws. No I didnt go yesterday. We are not going down.
I reckon it will depend upon the extent to which the Prince recognises how much he needs to do in January in order to avoid relegation.
He doesn't have my past experience of how fast we can fall once the rot sets in.
I hope to goodness he reads our history and keeps a much closer eye on things than he has since 2019.

Back
Top Bottom