Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As far as I can tell, the EFL has some sort of mechanism for this.

Okay substitute £35m for £13m but basically..
*Loss of say £40m after P&S adjustments. Capped at £35m for that year.
Loss of say £1m-35m after P&S adjustments. Capped at £1m-35m for that year.

E.g. you lose..
T-2..£50m - becomes £35m
T-1 £10m..remains £10m.

£60m in post adjusted FFP losses becomes £45m for the purposes of rolling assessment thereby removing any double jeopardy arguments.

I don't know how simple it would be to make it happen but I've got some sympathy with the view that if an owner wants to chuck money in to help his club buy players to help win football matches he should be allowed to do it provided it is not as a loan that he can claim back.
As long as the club will be demonstrably sustainable if the owner departs that's fine isn't it?
We just want to ensure the club can exist after the owner departs and isn't saddled with wages and debts that outweigh the club's income.
So you can't buy players without demonstrating a sustainable income stream that can afford the future wages. If the club can't justify the investment the shortfall needs to be gifted to the club by the owner making the decisions.
Sound simple to me but I don't have a clue when it comes to company accounts.
It seems all too retrospective to me rather than being about forward budgeting. If the forward budget projections have holes in them then the owner should be sanctioned until he fills those holes by gifting money with no strings attached....

I don't know how simple it would be to make it happen but I've got some sympathy with the view that if an owner wants to chuck money in to help his club buy players to help win football matches he should be allowed to do it provided it is not as a loan that he can claim back.
As long as the club will be demonstrably sustainable if the owner departs that's fine isn't it?
We just want to ensure the club can exist after the owner departs and isn't saddled with wages and debts that outweigh the club's income.
So you can't buy players without demonstrating a sustainable income stream that can afford the future wages. If the club can't justify the investment the shortfall needs to be gifted to the club by the owner making the decisions.
Sound simple to me but I don't have a clue when it comes to company accounts.
It seems all too retrospective to me rather than being about forward budgeting. If the forward budget projections have holes in them then the owner should be sanctioned until he fills those holes by gifting money with no strings attached....
Surely they should be allowed to spend x then when your upto the limit you can still buy players but this money should only come from the owner with no debt or shares issued against it and the players wages including bonuses etc are paid into an account of the EPL for the term of that player so if the owner goes under or no longer wishes to support the club, the club has a wedge of cash to call on to help until a new buyer comes in, at this point though the owner no longer has control of the club.
All interest made after paying for the account to be looked after is either given to charity or spread out between the football pyramid

There is the issue of capital investment, actually benefitting the local economy and the clubs they buy from in terms transfer fees. In fact for the lower tiers its essential for their survival.

Everton points deduction: Toffees lodge appeal against second points deduction​

Last updated on2 hours ago2 hours ago.From the sectionEverton

Probably been assured by the Premier League that the points deduction is unlikely to be increased !!

Beeb saying they could face another points deduction for the interest costs associated with their new ground

Chelsea 6 Everton 0.
Everton set to appeal it wasn’t fair.

Digging further, the amount Everton owe to third-party lenders is eye-watering, as laid out by fan Paul Quinn, who runs 'The Esk' blog centred on the club's spiralling financial situation.

Quinn reports £580m of loans have been taken out from Rights and Media Funding (£231m), 777 Partners (£180m), MSP Sports Capital and two local businessmen (£158m), and Metro Bank (£11m), with much of the loans being used towards the building of the club's new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Everton's 2022-23 revenue was £172m, with a wages-to-income ratio at 92%. Despite a reduction in wages, the ratio was impacted by the loss of £20m in commercial revenue from Russian company USM and a 17th-place Premier League finish that season.

Digging further, the amount Everton owe to third-party lenders is eye-watering, as laid out by fan Paul Quinn, who runs 'The Esk' blog centred on the club's spiralling financial situation.

Quinn reports £580m of loans have been taken out from Rights and Media Funding (£231m), 777 Partners (£180m), MSP Sports Capital and two local businessmen (£158m), and Metro Bank (£11m), with much of the loans being used towards the building of the club's new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Everton's 2022-23 revenue was £172m, with a wages-to-income ratio at 92%. Despite a reduction in wages, the ratio was impacted by the loss of £20m in commercial revenue from Russian company USM and a 17th-place Premier League finish that season.
All those demanding new owners to splash the cash, be careful what you wish for. This is where lots end up.

Back
Top Bottom