Egan for Captain?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CoatesyBlade

Reaction score
Just I thought but I’ve always imagined Egan would be the future club captain. I noticed he wore the armband in the Saints game when Billy went off (Norwood was on the pitch)
Anyone else think he might be given the responsibility this season? Limited playing time for Billy this season could be a factor??
Maybe Wilder would like to see a contract signed from Egan before making a decision??

Nah, I don't think we are paying him with sticks and carrots. Just because he is Irish doesn't mean we can pay him in vegetables. :)
According to a lot of people on here all we pay is peanuts anyway

Nah, I don't think we are paying him with sticks and carrots. Just because he is Irish doesn't mean we can pay him in vegetables. :)

The car their lass drives to work thats a fuckload of sticks and carrots..............

I'd prefer Egan to have it over Norwood. He seems more of a leader than Norwood; although I've no evidence to back this up.

Funnily enough, I asked Chris about this before last season as Norwood is classed as our vice-captain he said something along the lines of "Bash is our vice-vice captain laughs but in reality EVERYONE is the captain, they are all leaders"

So guess it doesnt matter. Sharp will be the CLUB captain for obvious reasons even if he's benched. But during matches, he's not essentially bothered who is captain. By the way... admittedly he did have a few drinks in him when I asked him 🤣

Last edited:

I think centre half or (second choice) goalkeeper are ideally located on the pitch for any additional organising but our players are so well drilled I'd be surprised if more than a couple of on field comments are needed in a season.

I think centre half or (second choice) goalkeeper are ideally located on the pitch for any additional organising but our players are so well drilled I'd be surprised if more than a couple of on field comments are needed in a season.
Personally always thought GK is the worst position for a captain; often isolated, hard to to communicate with players when such distance between them.

GK can see the big picture. Midfielders should be concentrating on their game, attackers really only looking one way and looking for the ball. Defenders central - good, either side won't get a good view of what's happening other sided of the pitch.

Didn't he get the armband against Leicester or summat (post restart)? I'm sure he got it at some point.

When Lunny came in CW said he was a future captain.
Tin hat on 😁

He was captain at Oxford, but hasn't outwardly shown leadership credentials here. Admittedly in a side that had Hendo, Bash, Egan, JOC, Norwood, Fleck and Sharp...

Bit disappointed to see Billy as Captain in tonight’s friendly and commentator suggesting its for the full season. Nothing against Billy and it might be the players wishes but Egan or JOC would have signalled we are moving forward.

I still feel we are living to much in the past and not kicking on both on and off the pitch.

Bit disappointed to see Billy as Captain in tonight’s friendly and commentator suggesting its for the full season. Nothing against Billy and it might be the players wishes but Egan or JOC would have signalled we are moving forward.

I still feel we are living to much in the past and not kicking on both on and off the pitch.
Billy is still the club captain and a very good one at that around the club but when it comes down to the season starting odds are he won’t be on the pitch all that much and someone else will have the armband. The point has kind of been made a few times that captain doesn’t matter as everyone is expected to be a leader during the game so to the players it doesn’t matter who’s got the armband on when they play

What the fuck were you expecting? 😂

If Billy is on the pitch he’s captain. Until he leaves or retires. Simple.

Just as Norwood was this season, i hope John will be named captain for 20/21 for logistical reasons.

Sharp is as good an ambassador for the club as Wilder imo... and i would imagine in the eyes of the majority of players, the staff and the fans he will always be our skipper

_20200826_001922.JPG

He's club captain, why take it off him?

Surely the fact that he's appearing less and less on the pitch is a sign we're moving forward.

Off the field we've got the South Stand getting done up, a new building going up at Shirecliffe, and a new academy being planned, and playing side we've just signed our own keeper, got a decent league manager in as our U23 boss, and there's still a fair few weeks yet to add to it.

Back
Top Bottom