Player Suggestion Eberechi Eze

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£20m for a 2nd division player Who’s never played one minute in the premier league? World’s gone absolutely stark raving mad. So much for COVID-19 helping to re-set football
They're gonna bank 40m+ for Saha so Palace will be thinking its not unreasonable.

Be a reyt laugh if there were no takers for Zaha Leaving them with both.
I think they can play together but personally think Eze will need a season to settle in, which is why I’d have liked him this year as a longer term replacement for Dids.
I’m going for Zaha moving on next summer and then Eze will come to the for so long as Palace keep faith in him.

No a definite show pony won’t put a tackle in and definitely not a Wilder player

😂 hes a CAM, his game shouldnt revolve around tackling. Thats what cdm and the defence are for. Could have messi in our squad but some of you would complain he doesnt do enough tracking or go smashing into tackles, sad.

20 mill is a good price for the lad, he's quality, as others have said a future england player!

😂 hes a CAM, his game shouldnt revolve around tackling. Thats what cdm and the defence are for. Could have messi in our squad but some of you would complain he doesnt do enough tracking or go smashing into tackles, sad.

20 mill is a good price for the lad, he's quality, as others have said a future england player!

Disagree , our style of football requires all players to do their bit , we attack as a team and defend as a team, no room for shirkers

Disagree , our style of football requires all players to do their bit , we attack as a team and defend as a team, no room for shirkers

I agree thats how we play, but very few teams play with a similar intensity. Trying to find a player who does would be a tougg ask. Im sure didzy, moose, robbo, mcburnie didnt have this intensity before they joined. If we want to progress, technical ability and creativity is where we need to improve. You can teach running around, tracking back easily. Technical ability takes years to learn and is what separates the top players from the average. Thats why people spend the big bucks on them.

With Villa, Fulham, West Brom & Leeds all in for him I would suggest that - yes, we can't afford him.

Transfer fee of £25m is one thing, but once one of those clubs offer £45k+ a week wages (which they can & will) we're out of the running.

Also, I can't believe that you have watched Brentford this season and still maintain a view that Watkins played anything other than centre forward. He is miles away from being a McGoldrick type link man.

Eze was much closer to McGoldrick in style.
I think they can play together but personally think Eze will need a season to settle in, which is why I’d have liked him this year as a longer term replacement for Dids.
I’m going for Zaha moving on next summer and then Eze will come to the for so long as Palace keep faith in him.
joke right 🤣😂🤣😂

I would have loved him to play the Lundstram role. Real attacking edge too him.

Either CM or just off the main striker, he would've been superb for us I'm certain of it.

Probably out of our reach now because the only way is up for him now.

Not too disappointed to miss out on this one.
Will see how he gets on in the Prem with Palace.

Think Palace will give him a better chance to succeed than Utd would have. Playing either left or right side of a front three should suit him - he really would have been a square peg in a round hole in Utd's formation.

He’s definitely an either way one for me. If we’d got him I’d have been pleased but with a slight doubt about whether he could step up or not and the latter reason is pretty much why I’m not kicking the walls in frustration now he’s gone to Palace. He feels a very Crystal Palace sort of signing in many ways

By all accounts he had his heart set on palace ,started there as a youth and they offered him the highest wages

If he was going for £16 mill I’m surprised we wasn’t at least sniffing around perfect mcgoldrick replacement maybe Brewster would be a similarish signing

Top player but can see him flopping cause woy isn’t known for his attacking teams

Hopefully it means zaha is going can see palace struggling if he does

Fully confirmed now
Deal is £16m up front with £4m in potential add-ons; QPR have 20 per cent sell-on clause built into agreement

Shame we weren't in for him but hey ho, I said he'd go for around half what the Brentford pair would each cost.

Perhaps someone can correct or at least throw light on this question.....

I thought our current state of penury was down to having to repay TV money back to the Television companies. It seems we're the only club that's been affected by this and other club's seem to be flush or at least willing to consider spending. I guess if you have a benevolent owner then you'll find the money from somewhere, whereas we have an owner who has his fingers in several sporting pies while not having a great deal of cash to hand.

Some of the dinosaurs on here really do not have a clue about football calling Eze a show pony.

The lad is an exciting talent and a future England International and at 20m is a bargain could easily be looking at 3x that value in seasons to come.

Missed out here and we are crying out for an attacking midfielder with real pace and ability this lad has that in abundance.

I agree totally that Eze is not a show poney, but disagree that we've missed out.

When we showed interest in Cantwell & Eze, my thoughts were that CWAK may want to revert to 3412 instead of 352. It seems he's changed his mind a bit and the first 2 friendlies suggest the "tweak" this season is trying to get Fleck/Berge in and around the 18 yard box more but in effect retaining the core 352 shape but to quote a phrase from the 80's/90's is of getting midfield players beyond the forwards and into the box more eg: Kennedy and McDerrmott of Liverpool.

Personally I think Eze will do well - Palace looks a good move for the kid himself. Him and his agent may very well have looked at us buying Freeman (and not using him) and thinking Eze could end up the same at United especially as Forest have been sniffing round freeman for a while and didn't quiet fancy the Freeman out and Eze in to us.

UTB

To be honest, I’m disappointed less with the fact we’ve missed out than with the fact it’s Palace to get him. I’d put them as likely below us next season – Eze is potentially the sort of player that could have a significantly positive impact on their fortunes.

Back
Top Bottom