Dying for a goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LewishamBlade

Reaction score
Opposition isn’t attacking, we’ve still got 3 centre halves on the pitch and a striker on the bench

It’s really fucking poor management and the type of thing which has kept my powder dry.

We should’ve left Jebbo at Burton, he’d be learning infinitely more than he is on our bench. What was the fucking point recalling him if you aren’t going to throw him on when you need a goal against bastard Hull City?

Opposition isn’t attacking, we’ve still got 3 centre halves on the pitch and a striker on the bench

It’s really fucking poor management and the type of thing which has kept my powder dry.

We should’ve left Jebbo at Burton, he’d be learning infinitely more than he is on our bench. What was the fucking point recalling him if you aren’t going to throw him on when you need a goal against bastard Hull City?
I've bemoaned Wilders tactical nous during games.. but even he subbed Bash off for a more attacking player when we really needed to go for it.

Hecky doesn't have a daring bone in his body. Mr play it safe.

We didn’t get the ball into McBurnie, MGW or Ndiaye anywhere near enough and when we put Sharp on it didn’t change anything. Throwing an extra Striker on wasn’t the solution.

I get why Hecky needs to rest key players to manage team fatigue for the business end of the season, but there will be no business if we cannot score. Dreadful one touch control and no movement for the abysmal crossing..

Very unlucky to lose, we dominated the game. On another night we'd have won 3-1 or 4-1. No complaints about the team's effort. Berge starts for me on Sat with a brief to run at the opposition. And Billy starts.

We didn’t get the ball into McBurnie, MGW or Ndiaye anywhere near enough and when we put Sharp on it didn’t change anything. Throwing an extra Striker on wasn’t the solution.
Very true.
For some reason everything we did tonight was really slow. The one time we attacked quickly we had 4 onto 1 and we gave it to the one player who can’t shoot

In the 85th+ minute it certainly was. That was the only way we’d have scored.

Imagine how many we might’ve had if we could do anything at all from set pieces
Yep. Long corner repeat. Variations cause defences problems, but we ll try same thing umpteen times! When we play McB we revert to 'Launch it deep' (CWAK did the same, didn't work then either).
Hecky needs to learn quickly or we ll finish mid table....

Were you expecting him to create his own chance then?
I’m expecting him to stand in the box and us to launch balls into the area. One less defender and we might’ve been able to do that.

Ndiaye’s quality and will only get better still pretty young but he needs to work on his finishing for sure.
Quality ? Not shown it on a regular basis. What does he create ? What is his best position ? Great work ethic but he shouldnt be starting.

I am slightly concerned that our inability to put chances away might cost us.

We're lacking goal scorers and a few seem to panic when through one on one.

Their keeper could have been a plank of wood in the ground tonight and it would have still have stopped McBurnie's and Ndiaye's shots.

Yep. Long corner repeat. Variations cause defences problems, but we ll try same thing umpteen times! When we play McB we revert to 'Launch it deep' (CWAK did the same, didn't work then either).
Hecky needs to learn quickly or we ll finish mid table....
The corners are so shite

Back
Top Bottom