CONFIRMED Duffy joins Stoke City on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nobody wants to 'hang' Mark Duffy.
That's just you being a drama queen.
Everyone was wondering why he wasn't playing and now we know.
MD (or his agent) played his hand and played it badly.
Not many players manage to walk into a managers office and ask to change a contract halfway through it.
I don't think any of us want to see him go before he's kicked a ball in the PL and I hope he has the good sense to apologise and hopefully see out the season.
I think most of us just think the manager has to have the final say - especially one that's done such good for the club.

You need to take the blinkers off. Your argument is so full of holes I don't know where to start. The typical response on here to Duffy is "fuck him". That's me being a drama queen is it? Your bit about walking into the managers office and asking for a change in contract halfway through the contract is the best one, especially when the said manager has walked into his managers office and done the same thing three times. I don't remember McCabe saying "fuck off to Sunderland then" at the time.

I'm not supporting Duffy in his quest by the way, I'm being critical of the reaction to it. Why the need to rub his nose in it?

You need to take the blinkers off. Your argument is so full of holes I don't know where to start. The typical response on here to Duffy is "fuck him". That's me being a drama queen is it? Your bit about walking into the managers office and asking for a change in contract halfway through the contract is the best one, especially when the said manager has walked into his managers office and done the same thing three times. I don't remember McCabe saying "fuck off to Sunderland then" at the time.

I'm not supporting Duffy in his quest by the way, I'm being critical of the reaction to it. Why the need to rub his nose in it?

Wilder had the sense to negotiate promotion clauses into his contract, that gave him the right to renegotiate his contract. where as MD agreed a set uplift in pay and is now not happy with it.

Wilder has not been the one to ask for a pay rise.

no ones hanging MD out to dry here, the facts are the facts.

Any one know if Duffys still training with the squad ?

Wilder had the sense to negotiate promotion clauses into his contract, that gave him the right to renegotiate his contract. where as MD agreed a set uplift in pay and is now not happy with it.

Wilder has not been the one to ask for a pay rise.

no ones hanging MD out to dry here, the facts are the facts.

His new contract as a result of the Sunderland interest had nothing to do with a promotion clause. Which "facts" are you referring to here? If United hadn't acceded to him at this point he would have fucked off in the same manner as Bruce.

What's good for the goose and all that...

Apologies. He rejected a move to Championship Barnsley and chose to sign for L1 Blades. Change Burton to Barnsley in my comment an everything else is correct.

How is less money and lower League rescuing him?

He was without a club.... Not all Players his age get offered deals.. Clough didnt fancy him then in the championship we gave him a contract he performed. Was part of the journey we move on if hes not happy why keep an unhappy player.. Team Spirit and all that. Anything else you want to. Know????

His new contract as a result of the Sunderland interest had nothing to do with a promotion clause. Which "facts" are you referring to here? If United hadn't acceded to him at this point he would have fucked off in the same manner as Bruce.

What's good for the goose and all that...

you mean when he said he may have to resign due to the in fighting behind the scenes? at no point did wilder hint he was interested in Sunderland that was media talk. I Don't get the venom aimed at wilder from you.

The boss is the boss and what he says needs to go, otherwise their would be a que at his door with unrealistic demands

Every year CW thinks he has sorted out the upgrade to Duffy and every year he finds he hasn't and has to bring him back. Maybe by signing multiple midfielders this year he has a solution, but I wouldn't guarantee it. Hope it gets sorted and Duffy sees that at his age, he isn't going to win this one.

Every year CW thinks he has sorted out the upgrade to Duffy and every year he finds he hasn't and has to bring him back. Maybe by signing multiple midfielders this year he has a solution, but I wouldn't guarantee it. Hope it gets sorted and Duffy sees that at his age, he isn't going to win this one.
I might be wrong here so please correct me if so. The day blades got promoted there was one player who was rather late arriving to celebrate with his team mates wasn't that Duffy. Now I know people have commitments but if that was me I know where I would be after achieving the holy grail with my team mates. so team player or me me me ?

I might be wrong here so please correct me if so. The day blades got promoted there was one player who was rather late arriving to celebrate with his team mates wasn't that Duffy. Now I know people have commitments but if that was me I know where I would be after achieving the holy grail with my team mates. so team player or me me me ?

What's that got to do with what I posted?

Bit of a random aside, but he’s represented by the same agency that represents John Lundstram and Freddy Adu...

I don't think there is on the whole most want him to stay. But most people accept if that is his stance, its thank you for all you have done for the club but bye and good luck.

I don't see why the outcome of that chat should be "see ya Mark" though. Maybe MD did try it on, & we know CW can be prickly should he so choose, there is certainly a feeling on here that the relationship between the two is not always perfect, but having gone away & given it some thought MD may well realise he was pushing it a bit & has decided he should knuckle down, work hard & try & get himself back in the picture. Are we all saying that just because Duffs dared to ask he should be booted out? Because if we are that doesn't sit right with me at all.

I don't see why the outcome of that chat should be "see ya Mark" though. Maybe MD did try it on, & we know CW can be prickly should he so choose, there is certainly a feeling on here that the relationship between the two is not always perfect, but having gone away & given it some thought MD may well realise he was pushing it a bit & has decided he should knuckle down, work hard & try & get himself back in the picture. Are we all saying that just because Duffs dared to ask he should be booted out? Because if we are that doesn't sit right with me at all.
I don't think anyone is saying that, not even CW. He's been given time to go rethink. If he knuckles down great if not, we and he move on.

I really hope he's able to stay, we're still reliant on him to play our way, and the newcomers could do with being around the preexisting squad to see them in full flow, so that they may learn the system and how to fit within it.

Ravel Morrison,Luke Freeman and Ben Osborn could all play the “Duffy” role now.
Ravel is a brilliant player if he gets back to his best

He was without a club.... Not all Players his age get offered deals.. Clough didnt fancy him then in the championship we gave him a contract he performed. Was part of the journey we move on if hes not happy why keep an unhappy player.. Team Spirit and all that. Anything else you want to. Know????
Not true, Burton offered him a deal.

Ravel Morrison,Luke Freeman and Ben Osborn could all play the “Duffy” role now.
I haven't seen a huge amount of the new guys yet but I'd say
Freeman although people have raved about him being like Duffy just doesn't look much like him at all to me(skill wise). He seems to rely on speed rather than trickery and haven't seen him really glide past players like Duffy. His crossing is great and he holds the ball up well but not Duffy.
Osborn different type of player more functional.
Morrison could be but needs to show it in the right part of the pitch also doesn't seem to have a shot on him, jury's out.
McGoldrick still the closest in style but no replacement for Duffy yet.

So many unknowns about next season and how our new players will blend and perform. Duffy might not be up to prem standard but he was a game changer so many times in past two seasons and a bit of his ball retention and picking a killer forward pass might be just what we need. Losing him as an option is a clear setback to the squad and he will be much less costly than the recent signings. The breakdown in relationship between Duffy, as one of our most influential players, and wilder is a rare managerial blackspot. Looks like the die is cast but I wonder if we are going to be sitting there thinking wish we had Duffy.....

I don’t think it is a black spot, Duffy being binned out might not be the situation we wanted but in my view CW has done exactly the right thing in the circumstances. It ain’t a perfect world and taking a tough line with Duffy and his agent is much better for the club than an alternative that might lead to “me too” demands from others and a split in the cohesion of the players.

Back
Top Bottom