CONFIRMED Duffy joins Stoke City on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hes under contract for another year Wilder not trying to get rid but being honest to Duffy regarding his future.
If he leaves it's because he chooses to look for an extended contract.
If Duffy feels he wants to stay and fight for a place all well and good.
Who knows he might be a revelation and win a further year.
As I said ( and I'm not in the know ,just a bit of common sense ) he has the choice Wilder wouldn't send him to Coventry he will have too much respect for him to do that.
How patronising 🤣

I understand the situation buddy. I just think it’s worth reconsidering from Wilder’s point of view if it means we lose Duffy immediately.

How patronising 🤣

I understand the situation buddy. I just think it’s worth reconsidering from Wilder’s point of view if it means we lose Duffy immediately.

Why not reconsidering from Duffy’s point of view? Who’s in charge? Only one gaffer at a football club or you’ve got big problems.

Why not reconsidering from Duffy’s point of view? Who’s in charge? Only one gaffer at a football club or you’ve got big problems.
Yeah. I get it. Catch 22. Duffy should want us/prem footy. We (in my opinion) should want Duffy for the upcoming season. If not entering in to any sort of contract negotiations means losing him for the upcoming season, I’d have a long, hard think if I was the boss.

Obviously Wilder doesn't agree.

That's good enough for me.
The reality is nothing is obvious as to what Wilder or Duffy are thinking/want. Neither have spoken publicly about it. It seems apparent that there’s been a discussion of some sort and I’d hazard a guess that it’s ongoing.

Yeah. I get it. Catch 22. Duffy should want us/prem footy. We (in my opinion) should want Duffy for the upcoming season. If not entering in to any sort of contract negotiations means losing him for the upcoming season, I’d have a long, hard think if I was the boss.

He’s under contract for the upcoming season. When you say ‘losing him’ that will be Duffy’s choice not United’s. The tail must not be allowed to wag the dog. Otherwise other tails will want to do exactly the same.

I probably didn’t make myself clear. I’m a huge fan of Duffy. He has magic in his boots. I’m not campaigning for us to get rid of him at all.

As you know from a previous conversation Loughborough I see him as a squad player, making a contribution but not being a regular starter. If that’s not acceptable to him and he wants to go elsewhere he would go with my gratitude and some indelible memories. We’ve had the best of him as a footballer, no doubt.

I draw the line at sentiment though. No player ‘deserves’ to play a single further minute for our club unless Tufty thinks he’s the right starter or right substitute for any given game. Anyone who thinks otherwise really isn’t taking the Premier League seriously.
I’m still digesting those inedible memories.

I know I'm a big Mark Duffy fan, but to be honest I can't think of many any games that he hasn't played in when we've been on top form. It'll have to be someone really special who's capable of doing his job for us in the Prem, and yes....I know some will argue that he won't be able to do the same job for us in the Prem.

RC has said that Duff will leave on amicable terms. When Coutts left CW said that he had offered him another contract but that he could not guarantee him football and so Coutts decided to leave as he needed to be playing regularly. I think Duff is in the same category.

I am just concerned that posters on here are talking about the players we have signed who will fill the Duffy role including Ravel. I have no confidence that signing will work out. The guy has not even made the bench yet let alone the team. I am very skeptical he will be any use to us given his track record (although I am pleased we have taken the gamble). I don't think Robinson is a replacement - different type of player - so that pretty much just leaves Luke Freeman who is yet unproven. I would really want Duffy to stay until January as I think he deserves at least to play in the PL and who knows he might still be our key player who makes us tick as he has been the last 3 seasons. He could still earn another year@s contract although CW clearly does not think so.

Sounds like from what wilder said, we offered him a new deal with a release clause if we were promoted?

Don’t think Duffy is good enough to be a starter in the prem but proper gutted for him even more than couttsy

How guttered must duff be arguably our most important player with sharp and fleck since league one and just gets released.

Disagree with wilder he deserves a place on the bench and a chance to at lease prove him wrong

Wilder: “I’ll be the one that decides when we talk about contracts, not agents and not players”

Sounds like Duffy wants more money?

Hopefully just people swinging their cocks about but Wilder and Duff already seemed to get on each others tits so I can't really see it being worked out.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I can understand it from both points of view. Duffy knows he's coming into the twilight of his career so thought he might try and get another year while he still can at a club he's been successful at. Meanwhile CW will be incredibly busy at the minute and doesn't want this on top of dealing with incomings, perhaps there's a mutual understanding to not negotiate contracts at this time of year and maybe he's got a bit pissed of he's tried too and wants to show he's very much the man in charge, which he should be. It'd be a real shame if it has/does end on a bit of a sour note between them, obviously we don't know what conversations have taken place but it seems like differences should be put aside here and to leave things as they currently are.

As much as I love Duffy, Wilder has always relayed the same message. There's no room for sentiment in football. The reality is Duffy is coming to the end of his career and he has a family to look after. By the sounds of it he wants to be playing regular football and not sat on the bench having a few parts here and there and you've got to respect that. We move on, simple as that.

Don’t think Duffy is good enough to be a starter in the prem but proper gutted for him even more than couttsy

How guttered must duff be arguably our most important player with sharp and fleck since league one and just gets released.

Disagree with wilder he deserves a place on the bench and a chance to at lease prove him wrong

You should listen to the Interview.

Cutting ones nose off to spite ones face springs to mind

Is this why Lundstram is starting every game? CW proving a point? My fear is that CW starts the season with Bryan and Lundstram as starters and then has to do his backtracking after a couple of losses. Just a feeling I have based on no evidence whatsoever.

You should listen to the Interview.

Cutting ones nose off to spite ones face springs to mind

Wilder has to take the strong position though, or everyone will be doing it and we end up as we were before he came, getting bent over by agents.

I'm more disappointed that Duffy thinks he deserves more than the probably generous contract bump he's received. Or if it's not about getting a lot more money, a better deal than his team mates.

Perhaps is a game of chicken and Duffy will wind his neck in and earn his new contract, but as much as I want Duffy to stay, if he's trying to be a Billy Big Bollocks then I'm on Wilder's side.

Last edited:
Probably had a weekend break with Maupay !! Shades of last season,Duffy left out of the first two games,both defeats,i'm not surprised with a midfield of Evans and Lundstram............. the buck stops with the manager,but they do sometimes make mistakes.

Is this why Lundstram is starting every game? CW proving a point? My fear is that CW starts the season with Bryan and Lundstram as starters and then has to do his backtracking after a couple of losses. Just a feeling I have based on no evidence whatsoever.

Why would Bryan start? JOC isn't showing off over his contract.

Wilder has to take the strong position though, or everyone will be doing it and we end up as we were before he came, getting bent over by agents.

I'm more disappointed that Duffy thinks he deserves more than the probably generous contract bump his received.

Perhaps is a game of chicken and Duffy will wind his neck in and earn his new contract, but as much as I want Duffy to stay, if he's trying to be a Billy Big Bollocks then I'm on Wilder's side.

I mean Duffy.

I’m perfectly ok with Wilders stance.

The bit got me at the end.

Giddings: are there clubs interested in Mark
Wilder: well Mark says there are

Back
Top Bottom