DP'S Scouting mission to Barcelona Part 1

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
Well with the start of the season being so poor i thought i'd take myself off and look for some new talent to hopefully get us out of this hole we are in. I decided to go and watch 2 teams who most football fans have heard of in i hope i'd find maybe a young or just talented footballer who may fancy a game with a top football team in the best league in the world league 1. Barcelona was the venue and the local side FC Barcelona were playing a team from Holland called Ajax in a tournament called the champions league where some decent sides play for a trophy similar to the JPT trophy we'll be having a go for. It was mostly the home side FC Barcelona i was looking at as i was told they had this Argentine lad called Messi who looked Ok and might be worth a risk. Now not being a fan of Argentine players since that Tevez fella but i thought ok lets have a look. I also thought what the hell i'll scout the lot just to see if anyone else could do a job for us and were ready to step up to the next level.

SAM_1480.JPG
The game begin and i noticed that this Barcelona side play very similar football to David Weirs mighty blades but one thing this side were managing to do was have a shot on goal so i thought bonus 1 or 2 of these guys might be able to step straight in, but i was wary that the standard was much higher back home so that could be the reason behind these players create these shots on goal and hitting the target. As the game went on i noticed another lad Fabregas his name and he played in the same position as Captain DOYLE so i keep an eye on him and noticed he played in a similar way to our captain spraying the ball all over the park seemed to be easy for him and would be able to step in if tragedy struck and Doyle got injured. The main target who i went to watch though Messi was quiet for the first 20 mins but in the 21st minute the lad Messi struck with a great free kick with his left foot and the local team were ahead.
SAM_1511.JPG

If Maradonna and Ardilles weren't good enough, why even consider Messi? :)

PS
Even HRH couldn't afford him

Back
Top Bottom