Doyle POTM today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cracking goal from Doyle, deffinately deserves person of the match.

I can't think of another person who deserves it today.

A person being able to strike the ball that cleanly deffinately deserves person of the match. If any persons disagree, then those persons are wrong.

Person of the match?!?!.... thats so 2022!

Its Thing of the match now didnt ya know... personally think our goalpost wins the award, keeping that shot out saved us from going 1-3 down and that would surely have been game over.

I think you’re right, it appears to be anti-non binary, which is equally troubling.
Why did you suggest it was to help women feel included then?

And when do we rename men’s and women’s football?

Why did you suggest it was to help women feel included then?

And when do we rename men’s and women’s football?
I initially thought the sentiment was a lazy dig at women’s football, but I’ve since changed my mind and now think comments are split between transphobic/anti-non binary and “I don’t like it, because reasons”. It may have come across that I was suggesting it helped women feel included, but I meant that it makes everyone included.

If I wrongly assumed anyone’s comments to be anti-women’s football that’s my mistake.

I’m not sure we need to rename men’s and women’s football (or any sport). Quinn plays for the Canadian women’s football team and I’m sure they can’t be the only non binary athlete competing at elite level.

I initially thought the sentiment was a lazy dig at women’s football, but I’ve since changed my mind and now think comments are split between transphobic/anti-non binary and “I don’t like it, because reasons”. It may have come across that I was suggesting it helped women feel included, but I meant that it makes everyone included.

If I wrongly assumed anyone’s comments to be anti-women’s football that’s my mistake.

I’m not sure we need to rename men’s and women’s football (or any sport). Quinn plays for the Canadian women’s football team and I’m sure they can’t be the only non binary athlete competing at elite level.
It’s not anti anything, but at least we can agree it’s not aimed at half the world’s population.

It’s not anti anything, but at least we can agree it’s not aimed at half the world’s population.
The intention of many posts in this thread is offence targeted at non binary people and that needs calling out. That kind of attitude shouldn’t be tolerated here, in the stands or anywhere in society.

So just checking, it’s not ok to have MOM anymore but it’s inclusive to have Women’s super league? WSL

Asking for someone who cares

The intention of many posts in this thread is offence targeted at non binary people and that needs calling out. That kind of attitude shouldn’t be tolerated here, in the stands or anywhere in society.
It really isn’t the intention of many of the posts on this thread.

So just checking, it’s not ok to have MOM anymore but it’s inclusive to have Women’s super league? WSL

Asking for someone who cares
This whole thread is basically everyone making a joke of it. The people who are getting annoyed are getting annoyed with people joking. It’s a really good read.

if they’re that ignorant then that’s even worse.

Regardless of the intention, it is offensive and these attitudes need to be challenged.
You've in some way summed up my objection to similar things on here.

There’s a feeling that people are looking for problems, and that the line shifts small amounts, but continually. In some cases, like this, it’s not even clear that it affects a single person. But we must accept without question - the scab we didn’t know we had is now picked.

Some traditionalists object, and immediately it jumps to “why do you hate women”, when it’s clearly not even relative to the subject matter.

(I appreciate you later retracted that).

if they’re that ignorant then that’s even worse.

Regardless of the intention, it is offensive and these attitudes need to be challenged.
If my comments in the other thread seem offensive that wasn't my intention. I'll admit to a level of ignorance on the subject, wouldn't the best way to improve things be to help the ignorant understand?

Personally I thought Laura Woods are person of the match. Tommy Doyle a close 3rd though.
Doyle was MAN of the match.

I think we should change a few other terms to suit the mambypamby easily offended nobs.

Kick offf is too aggressive, change to gently roll the game into action.

Injury time suggest violence has taken place, change to welfare period or well person period (can we say period?).

Players cumming out of the tunnel, feckin hell, how have we got away with that one this long?

committing a foul, foul, bit Dickensian, change to inflicting contact in a naughty manner.

Feckin el, leave it alone and be a bit more adult about (dare I say man up?) these terms instead of pandering to celebrity and influencer money/attention grabbing culture, soon MAN will be offensive / racist.

Oh no, I might get cancelled, my life will be over. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't think on my behalf, MOTM has been the saying since football began, not got a problem with WOTM, don't confuse the two different genders don't mix them up
I don't, and I won't. But what's that got to do with pointing out someone has missed the sarcastic meaning of a post by a country mile?

Back
Top Bottom