Doyle poised for milestone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But we are in our 4th consecutive season in the 3rd division!
Wasn't really the point I was making,Silent. Players like Tonge & Quinn took loads of abuse (in particular Quinn) which was unwarranted. Most of the players on that list are good players with abilities above Division 3 level. The fact we are in our 4th season at this level is irrelevant.

Monty playing 352 games btwo_Oi never realised how many he got to.

All his appearance(except 1 season) were in the top two divisions. Never seen as a good player by many of our fans thou.

Wasn't really the point I was making,Silent. Players like Tonge & Quinn took loads of abuse (in particular Quinn) which was unwarranted. Most of the players on that list are good players with abilities above Division 3 level. The fact we are in our 4th season at this level is irrelevant.
You said "Surely all the managers can't be wrong can they ?" You are making it sound that our recent managers have done things right!;)

Just a quick update on Neil Warnock on his current Premier League odyssey.

P4 W2 D2 L0

Palace sit 9th in the table.

Useless tosser!

Just a quick update on Neil Warnock on his current Premier League odyssey.

P4 W2 D2 L0

Palace sit 9th in the table.

Useless tosser!
Has the Premier league season finished nuddy? Congrats must go out to Neil for doing a great job in keeping them up......Oh,hang on a minute:rolleyes:

To be fair to him,and although he's played a couple of the easier sides,he has got them getting results and thats the aim of the game,but it's a long hard season and lets see where they finish up,because it's then that counts and not now.But thanks for the update anyway,i'll keep tabs on it;)

There's one thing i will say and that's the side he inherited is not a bottom 3 side in the Premier league this season,so he has every oppurtunity of achieving is goal of avoiding relegation,he'll not get a better chance.

Has the Premier league season finished nuddy? Congrats must go out to Neil for doing a great job in keeping them up......Oh,hang on a minute:rolleyes:

To be fair to him,and although he's played a couple of the easier sides,he has got them getting results and thats the aim of the game,but it's a long hard season and lets see where they finish up,because it's then that counts and not now.But thanks for the update anyway,i'll keep tabs on it;)

There's one thing i will say and that's the side he inherited is not a bottom 3 side in the Premier league this season,so he has every oppurtunity of achieving is goal of avoiding relegation,he'll not get a better chance.

Of course, of course.

If he gets them relegated you were right all along, if he keeps them up it's because he inherited a good team.

Reactions: LSF
Of course, of course.

If he gets them relegated you were right all along, if he keeps them up it's because he inherited a good team.
Couple of things mate.1) I didn't bring it up,and 2) Do you not think he inherited
i.A good enough squad to stay up? And
ii.Would you not say there are 3 teams in the Premier league worse than Palace? i think it's a no brainer to see that there is tbh.

Couple of things mate.1) I didn't bring it up,and 2) Do you not think he inherited
i.A good enough squad to stay up? And
ii.Would you not say there are 3 teams in the Premier league worse than Palace? i think it's a no brainer to see that there is tbh.

I'll just say that the good squad he inherited lost the first two matches of the season before he came in.

He's doing well but there is still a heck of a long way to go. Let's see where Palace are at Christmas.

I'll just say that the good squad he inherited lost the first two matches of the season before he came in.

He's doing well but there is still a heck of a long way to go. Let's see where Palace are at Christmas.
They were in turmoil nuddy,Pulis left the club a couple of days before the first match which they lost to Arsenal,who lets face it aren't a bad side.They then lost to West ham who have been attacking a lot more this season and have a bit more fluency about their game.Both these games in which they lost,they never had a manager in charge so they were bound to start a bit shaky,two tough games to start with.

We all know NW is a good pick me up sort of manager,and the fixtures he's had have been very kind to him so far,so it will be very interesting to see how they react when they do get a tough run of games and start to lose a couple of matches.As you rightly say though,he's started well and credit must go to him for that,but there's a long way to go.

I suppose what's even more remarkable is the fact that he wasn't even the chairman's first choice,and wants to think himself lucky that he got the chance in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom