Down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He wasn't 'allowed' to go.....He refused to stay, the club had no choice

He refused to stay based on the deal was offered. There was certainly a choice. The Prince said as much in the video he recorded after he left (in that he decided it wasn’t worth risking him for a year in case he got injured or missed games due to the African Cup of Nations). We could have used the money we saved for the wages of Souza, Thomas, Traore, Slimane to increase the offer fir Ndiaye. I’m not saying we’d all agree that was the right move, but it was a choice that we declined.

But he turned it round and we beat them in the fa cup with a very energetic display which shows he can change things....with the right players at his disposal something he's been denied of by injuries
But who on the injury list are the right players Saturday second half was more or less our strongest team
And I know that excludes Egan and Lowe 😱

But who on the injury list are the right players Saturday second half was more or less our strongest team
And I know that excludes Egan and Lowe 😱
We only have to look at the subs bench it's skeleton staff or barely fit again players... no jebbison unfit osula .even young Once gets a knock its constant chasing players off of treatment tables. Who ever is in charge still needs fit players available to have options to change it around and ours are limited options

He refused to stay based on the deal was offered. There was certainly a choice. The Prince said as much in the video he recorded after he left (in that he decided it wasn’t worth risking him for a year in case he got injured or missed games due to the African Cup of Nations). We could have used the money we saved for the wages of Souza, Thomas, Traore, Slimane to increase the offer fir Ndiaye. I’m not saying we’d all agree that was the right move, but it was a choice that we declined.
That's strange because I thought he got offered to be the best payed player, verbally agreed, went to bed and woke up deciding he couldn't turn his boyhood club down

That's strange because I thought he got offered to be the best payed player, verbally agreed, went to bed and woke up deciding he couldn't turn his boyhood club down

That’s true. It’s also true that we could have offered even more.

Both sides have said it was never about money so that would have made no difference

It’s in their interest to say it isn’t about money (for us to avoid looking like we aren’t ambitious and for him to avoid looking mercenary). But if United had (hypothetically) offered £300k a week, you’re saying he wouldn’t have stayed? The point is that we did have a choice. We may or may not have made the right choice, but trying to pretend that there is no choice in business is naive.

Back
Top Bottom