Down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JayGreen17

Reaction score
That result and performance confirmed our fate….. in NOVEMBER.

This was the perfect opportunity to push and try at least to be competitive, but no, we don’t show up, how many times outside this season can we say that we haven‘t fought, very few… this season and the team are absolutely pathetic…the whole club should hold its head in shame, owner manager and players.. disastrous…

Totally embarrassing, and a disgrace to think we have over 24k season ticket holders who are putting up with this shite.

HECKY HAS TO GO, he doesn’t have any clue or plan or pattern… you only need to look at how Luton are doing on a shoestring, they’re not world beaters but they all know exactly what they need to do and they’re fighting, this set of drips couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag…

FUMING

That result and performance confirmed our fate….. in NOVEMBER.

This was the perfect opportunity to push and try at least to be competitive, but no, we don’t show up, how many times outside this season can we say that we haven‘t fought, very few… this season and the team are absolutely pathetic…the whole club should hold its head in shame, owner manager and players.. disastrous…

Totally embarrassing, and a disgrace to think we have over 24k season ticket holders who are putting up with this shite.

HECKY HAS TO GO, he doesn’t have any clue or plan or pattern… you only need to look at how Luton are doing on a shoestring, they’re not world beaters but they all know exactly what they need to do and they’re fighting, this set of drips couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag…

FUMING

Just now? It was 1st August for me, when Ndiaye was allowed to go.

The scary thing for me was the difference in quality. Bournemouth were a side we were looking too catch but the difference in quality was massive...

We can only dream of having a side full of pace and athleticism who can actually pass the ball around quickly and accurately to their team mates, and aren't afraid to run at opponents or have a shot.

The scary thing for me was the difference in quality. Bournemouth were a side we were looking too catch but the difference in quality was massive...

We can only dream of having a side full of pace and athleticism who can actually pass the ball around quickly and accurately to their team mates, and aren't afraid to run at opponents or have a shot.

Agree…. after just 15 minutes we all said if they are supposed to be a relegation rival then we are in a big trouble/

They not only looked quicker and more athletic than us but the gap in quality was massive. In the end we got away with a 3-1 defeat, a fairer score line would be 1-5, they missed so many good chances.

We.ve got plenty of time to plan for the championship even if both city and chelsea are relegated by ffp.

The club ownership made it quite obvious that we were only in this league in order to collect the Premier League money then go down.

That is why they sold Berge and NDiaye before the season started - to get what money they could for players that would have been out of contract next year and could leave on free transfers / bosman rule.

That is why we signed Archer in an obscure deal where we sign him for £18m but if we are relegated, Aston Villa are obligated to re sign him for £20m (allegedly).

We did sign Hamer, who would be good in the Championship (if he’s not sold). We can hopefully keep hold of McBurnie, as he is a useful Championship player. As for Souza, he is an appalling player. Get rid of him asap.

McBurnie will be off for nothing as he is out of contract next summer & can sign a precontract agreement with any club he wants in January. Another result of this shambolic owners’ transfer strategy!

As ridiculous as it sounds, i keep thinking back to Blackburn away last season. That result/performance was a glimpse into the future as to what this side does when it comes up against a more athletic team that's prepared to keep the ball. We were murdered that day in the exact same manner as we have been almost every week this season.

To have changed nothing is why I'm most frustated with Hecky.

The signs were there!

As ridiculous as it sounds, i keep thinking back to Blackburn away last season. That result/performance was a glimpse into the future as to what this side does when it comes up against a more athletic team that's prepared to keep the ball. We were murdered that day in the exact same manner as we have been almost every week this season.

The signs were there!

The signs were there before that I think. In the few seasons in the championship it was MGW and N'Diaye that papered over the cracks with their individual creativity. During and since Wilders last season with us. We have lacked organisation and an effective system of play.

The signs were there before that I think. In the few seasons in the championship it was MGW and N'Diaye that papered over the cracks with their individual creativity. During and since Wilders last season with us. We have lacked organisation and an effective system of play.
Absolutely. I was going to start a thread but think we're all miserable enough, highlighting how easy we are to play against

We don't press, we don't retain possession, we start slow, we run out of gas at the hour mark, we don't have any individual players who can hurt teams, and our defenders/GK are prone to individual errors.

As you say MGW, Ndiaye at least gave us individual brilliance, but we don't even have that now!

we are no where near down in november
but things need to change for us to save ourselves
and some fairly drastic increases in the ability to compete,,
never seen such a lack of urgency and energy.

if it means a new head coach lets do it
we will know when things are better when we start playing from minute one instead of not starting till minute 46

As ridiculous as it sounds, i keep thinking back to Blackburn away last season. That result/performance was a glimpse into the future as to what this side does when it comes up against a more athletic team that's prepared to keep the ball. We were murdered that day

The signs were there!
But he turned it round and we beat them in the fa cup with a very energetic display which shows he can change things....with the right players at his disposal something he's been denied of by injuries

The signs were there!

If you mean the game I think you mean, that was the year before under Jokanovic. We did lose at Blackburn last year but it was an insipid 1-0 rather than the previous season’s murdering.

If you mean the game I think you mean, that was the year before under Jokanovic. We did lose at Blackburn last year but it was an insipid 1-0 rather than the previous season’s murdering.
Nope. Last season at Ewood Park. It was insipid in parts, in others Blackburn pulled us all over, made Norwood look even more pedestrian and showed a glimpse into what we're seeing this year when Athletic, dynamic, agile players get after us!

Nope. Last season at Ewood Park. It was insipid in parts, in others Blackburn pulled us all over, made Norwood look even more pedestrian and showed a glimpse into what we're seeing this year when Athletic, dynamic, agile players get after us!

Have to agree to disagree, I thought that was just a drab 1-0 defeat where we went behind early, didn’t take the few chances we created and Blackburn just muddied up the rest of the game apart from a few counterattacks.

We had more shots more possession and a higher xG, just a tight game where we didn’t play very well.

Have to agree to disagree, I thought that was just a drab 1-0 defeat where we went behind early, didn’t take the few chances we created and Blackburn just muddied up the rest of the game apart from a few counterattacks.

We had more shots more possession and a higher xG, just a tight game where we didn’t play very well.

If i remember, we shaded the first half and Basham missed an absolute sitter (maybe why our XG was high). Second half they came out and had a right go at us and made us look flat footed and with no idea how to cope. Didn't the ref run past Norwood when they broke for their goal??

I'm sure there were other games last season that were similar, but i distinctly remember discussing after that game that we'd learnt none of the lessons from our lack of athleticism from the 2nd PL season and would need to seriously address that if/when we got promoted....

On the same theme, the only PL team we beat last season we had young legs in midfield in Coulibally and Brooks.... The signs were there... Not saying for a minute we play those two, but the breadcrumbs have been there for a while...

But he turned it round and we beat them in the fa cup with a very energetic display which shows he can change things....with the right players at his disposal something he's been denied of by injuries
Think you're allowing a 30 yard screamer in front of the kop in the 89th minute to distract from the fact for the third time last season Blackburn outplayed us ...

He wasn't 'allowed' to go.....He refused to stay, the club had no choice

Stop that, it doesn't fit the narrative of the cry babies. Didn't you know the Prince forced him out, told him his wife was a slapper and he had an ugly baby. Drove him to the airport and told him to fuck off back to France is what I heard.

As to Berge, he paid some local bad lads to break into his house and nick some watches, make him feel uncomfortable so he wouldn't sign another deal. Worked an all, he chose to go to Burnley, the arse hole of the western world rather than stay at the Lane.

Aye, proper bastard that Prince, what did he ever do for us 🙅🙅🙅

It' was a proper display when we beat rovers 3 zip. I still dont get the argument we got 92 lucky points last season peddled by some. We just had a squad we had options with as we didn't have so many long term injuries.
Our options have been limited so much we can't put out a team as we would like
The balance is out of reach...once mcburnie came on it was miles better.but it was right to not risk 90 minutes on his return...but maybe we should have started him and took him off second half but there was no other options

Back
Top Bottom