Done and Dusted?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Looks like Done is out of Adkins' plans and it's looking increasingly likely that he might go in January. He was one of our best players last season and I don't know if something has gone on behind the scenes but he looks a sad reflection of his former self. He's not even getting on as a sub now. I don't know whether it's just that he's unhappy playing on the wing or that Adkins has fallen out with him but I can't understand why he isn't starting up front.

Not sure but if he wasn't in Adkins plans then he would not even be named on the bench.

Although I would have brought him on today maybe even started him.

I can't understand why he isn't starting up front.

So if you're Adkins, who do you bench? Your marquee signing Sharp, which would be tantamount to admitting all of your signings have failed rather than just most of them, or Adams, who's basically the only young attacking threat we have?

• Banned
Not sure but if he wasn't in Adkins plans then he would not even be named on the bench.

Although I would have brought him on today maybe even started him.

we don't have any other strikers (apart from Sammon and Done).

• Banned
So if you're Adkins, who do you bench? Your marquee signing Sharp, which would be tantamount to admitting all of your signings have failed rather than just most of them, or Adams, who's basically the only young attacking threat we have?

He's a much better allround striker (at the moment) than Adams. I'd start Done, bench Adams, and if it isn't clicking with Sharp, bench him for Sammon.

Adams on the wing, Done up front, the way its meant to be.

Didn't it get posted on here that Done was going to go in August, the money used to bring in other players then, but he did his collar bone so it was all off?

To me he looks like a player who knows he is going in January and doesn't give much of a fuck.

Didn't it get posted on here that Done was going to go in August, the money used to bring in other players then, but he did his collar bone so it was all off?

To me he looks like a player who knows he is going in January and doesn't give much of a fuck.
More like the money brought in would service the debt until has you say he broke his collar bone so we had to sell Murphy instead. The very idea that money brought in would be used to buy new players is laughable, it's the Blades way ;).

For me I'd drop Billy and get Matty back in. Billy may work his balls off but Matty in that position looks more of a scoring threat to me, particularly in the 6 yard box. To be fair to all our strikers tho the quality that they have to feed off from our midfield is nothing short of piss poor.

Done's a very, very average player but if he's going to be any use it's going to be when playing up front, where he's proven he can score. Adkins seems to be unaware of that judging by the amount of times he's not even brought him on when we need a goal.

I expect him to be moved on and I won't be bothered if he is but surely it's worth giving him a few games and trying out different attacking combinations, because one thing's for sure, Sharp and Adams doesn't work and won't work. But I suppose starting Sharp will always be more important than everything else.

Done's a very, very average player but if he's going to be any use it's going to be when playing up front, where he's proven he can score. Adkins seems to be unaware of that judging by the amount of times he's not even brought him on when we need a goal.

I expect him to be moved on and I won't be bothered if he is but surely it's worth giving him a few games and trying out different attacking combinations, because one thing's for sure, Sharp and Adams doesn't work and won't work. But I suppose starting Sharp will always be more important than everything else.

It worries me that the possibility exists that Adkins has told Billy he'll always start when he signed him and that the same has been said to Adams if we turned that bid down for him.

If I was Adkins I'd be tempted to start with Done and Sammon next game and have those two on the bench. Just for a game to see how they play together.

Understand where you're coming from but harsh on Done there IMO.

Yes he may be average but we're in a less than average league so he is certainly someone who should be one of the first names on our team sheet.

I want 11 average Matt Done's working their absolute bollocks off and we may then get out of this league.

Back
Top Bottom