Don’t get too carried away.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do Unitedites ever get carried away?
Most have said we were crap Sunday, lucky to get a point, should have gone for the win, and still want Hecky sacked.
I think you're confusing the fan base with those cunts.

Osborn changed the game a bit for us too.
All we need now is Flecky to come on and bang a hattrick in one game and all those borderline new contracts will have been justified!
Ironic that the same as last time we got promoted the guys who got us there are the ones really shining (as far as you can say 'shining') in these performances

Not quite sure what you were expecting to be honest?
I am expecting other teams to underestimate us. given our poor stats on possession, and shots on goal, the team will pick up points that seem unlikely. It isn’t the start of a climb up the table, just the odd points gained against limp teams who would normally beat this squad anyway, but underestimate our resolve.

We have improved on the input of our substitutions, and second half performances are encouraging.

"We were shit in the first half v Wolves and got a lucky injury time penalty, (although the second half performance was much improved).......similarly we were shit against Brighton and only got into the game when they went down to 10.....by which time we could have easily been 4 down.

I think any Blade with half a brain cell knows we have been extremely lucky to have picked up 4 points from our last 2 games, but we will certainly need a bit of luck now and again so I will take it when it comes."

We were half a post and a triple save by the England keeper from beating Everton at the death and whether we were lax in defending to the final whistle or not, only lost to Forest and Spurs at the death. The greatest right back in the world makes a rocking-hose-shit rare defensive mistake against his boyhood club and we equalise against the English and European champions whilst definitely on the front foot. Any other player in sky blue responsible for that mistake wouldn't have responded the way Walker did to ensure atonement. So with a win against Everton, possibly Spurs and a draw vs Man City & Forest and we're at least 7 points worse off than we credibly could be right now. Points that could have given us a bit more belief. Woeful turnouts vs Fulham and Arsenal, fair enough. At least two goals in the first half came from situations that shouldn't have been (Gordon's "Henry moment" and the leap in from Longstaff to win a foul from Robinson's upfield punt) and we came out second half looking like we were already beaten. Subsequently, virtually every half chance went in and they got a result which looked far worse on paper than it did in action, leaving us with another confidence-sapping result. And injuries. Freakishly affected by the number of players out.
Did we sell our best players with days to go before the season started? Well, yes and no. We all wince at Hamer's failure to find his player 4/5 passes but quickly forget Berge having similar games all too often. Would Illi have flourished in the premier league? Sadly, I think the answer is yes, or he would at least, have been able to play with Archer similarly to how he played with Gibbs White and although the tactic was all too 'get the ball and give it to Ndiaye (and hope for the best)' it was a far better tactic than boot it up to Archer/Brewster/Traore and see it mopped up and cleared. we all cheered when McAtee came back but we should have known deep down that Man City obviously didn't think he was the finished article who could run in the PL for 90 minutes. Recent games have showed that, so really, he's better deployed from the bench at HT, when he can at least run himself in to the ground in pursuit of a result. Going cheap cost us by signing Sousa, who looked ok in his first few appearances instead of Doyle, who it's no secret wanted to and assumed he was coming back this Summer. We learned to our benefit that he was a natural replacement for Norwood last season, ousting him for the last quarter of the season from the first 11... now we have the budget option doing what we did when Doyle first came last season, playing a duplicate role alongside Norwood, a tactic that has never been one that ever bears fruit at any lever (ie Gerrard and Lampard for England).
There's a lot wrong with us, there's a lot beyond our control, it's whether we have the intelligence within the coaching staff to sort out the stuff we do control. I'm not sure we have but for this season, I'll settle for a last minute 17th place and a new owner with big pockets and a new broom in May.

Back
Top Bottom