Don’t get too carried away.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Charlieblade

Reaction score
All credit due to PH and the lads for getting 3 points at home, and an away point at Brighton.

In every game we have played so far, even close games losing by the odd goal, we have been behind on statistics. Possession always favors the opposition, along with shots and shots on goal. No wonder we are struggling at the bottom of the league.

That said, we have recovered the grit and determination in the second half of games, when things are going against us. All credit to the squad, the manager and coaches.

Some fans see this as a positive, and others are more circumspect, thinking we could still lose and fall away. Like many I am hoping this is a positive turn of events, but still biting my nails over our inability to match other teams in terms of possession and shots on goal.

Maybe we are just a gritty and determined side of strugglers and PH is dragging the best out of individuals?

Delighted with the recent results and points gained. I just hope we can improve gradually in the coming weeks and months. I’ve always been a Hecky supporter, but before the Wolves game I started having my doubts about him, and our poor form.

It looks like a proper scrap from an underdog side who just will not lie down and be beaten, whatever the stats say!

Nobody is getting carried away mate, you should read some of the threads on here. We know we aren’t good enough but we are trying our best with what we’ve got. UTB ⚔️
Absolutely.

We're playing the first half as conservatively as possible, trying to stay in it, then going at them in the 2nd 45, because we can't do 90 mins at 100% to them with the pace of the division.

It's a clever strategy, like a boxer waiting till his opponent tires.. Then punching the fuck out of them..

That's how I see it anyway, we could have won today dead easy, the bogle chance and the header on 2 minutes, 2 points dropped..

I don't think any reasonable person would get carried away with 5 points from 12 matches, even if 4 of those have come in the last couple of games.

At the end of the day, we are scrapping for our lives, so I am chuffed to bits with every point, no matter how they come.

Enjoy the moment, because in this league, we don't know when the next one might come along.

Absolutely.

We're playing the first half as conservatively as possible, trying to stay in it, then going at them in the 2nd 45, because we can't do 90 mins at 100% to them with the pace of the division.

It's a clever strategy, like a boxer waiting till his opponent tires.. Then punching the fuck out of them..

That's how I see it anyway, we could have won today dead easy, the bogle chance and the header on 2 minutes, 2 points dropped..
Exactly how I see it. The first few games, we looked exhausted at 70 minutes and conceded several late goals. So let's see how this works.

Who's getting carried away? We're not a rich club and simply can't compete with 90% of EPL teams who are either established or bankrolled by billionaire owners. It's pretty black & white really.

We'll only ever be able to compete with teams from a passion, grit and determination aspect and maybe the odd element of skill (Archers, Hamers goals for example).

I've thoroughly enjoyed the second halves of the last two games - hecky etc have obviously realised we can't remotely compete for 90 mins and don't have squad depth to bring quality on like other teams do.

Looking forward to international break and next two winnable games - albeit Bournemouth pulled off a cracking result against Newcastle so that's immediately tougher now

Nobody is getting carried away mate, you should read some of the threads on here. We know we aren’t good enough but we are trying our best with what we’ve got. UTB ⚔️
I did read a selection of current threads before posting this. Some fans seem to think this is the start of a climb away from relegation, and our next two fixture are ‘must win’ games. I don’t think so! Interesting comments about low key first half performance because we’re are a bit pants, and need to save our outputs for the second half?

Absolutely.

We could have been 4 down at half time there was nowt intentional about a conservative approach - we were shite even at the basics

Fuck me my ambition only stretches as far as achieving 12 points and not having that unwanted title so i’ll welcome any point no matter how fortuitous it comes !
As for carried away I really don’t see many ppl on here doing that ...Im sure even the most blinkered of our lot know we are totally out of our depth this season & are not remotely on a level playing field with 17 of the other 19 teams in there .
All I ask is that we try and compete .. I don’t want another season in this division if we’re not gonna have the finances to compete , how some sides year in year out aim to finish 4th bottom is shite & sad inditement on how money has ruined the competitive nature of our game ⚔️

We rode our luck but also hung in there. Osborn changed the game a bit for us too.

Wonder if Souza will start the next game?
Think I'd like to see Hamer and Norwood central with McAtee in front. With hopefully McBurnie and Archer up top for Bournemouth. If McBurnie isn't back perhaps Osborn in with McAtee off Archer.

No doubting it though next two matches are pretty big for us.

Absolutely.

Never thought of it like that .

You could be on to something there , quite clever if true .

Who's getting carried away? We're not a rich club and simply can't compete with 90% of EPL teams who are either established or bankrolled by billionaire owners. It's pretty black & white really.

We'll only ever be able to compete with teams from a passion, grit and determination aspect and maybe the odd element of skill (Archers, Hamers goals for example).

I've thoroughly enjoyed the second halves of the last two games - hecky etc have obviously realised we can't remotely compete for 90 mins and don't have squad depth to bring quality on like other teams do.

Looking forward to international break and next two winnable games - albeit Bournemouth pulled off a cracking result against Newcastle so that's immediately tougher now
Don't understand what some fans are expecting!
We recruit at basement level as we can't afford established prem players .
We are trying to improve players signed with no pedigree at this level a tall order that is .

Who is getting carried away. We have had a couple of decent results, but we still have a worse squad than last season and a horrendous injury list.

We were shit in the first half v Wolves and got a lucky injury time penalty, (although the second half performance was much improved).......similarly we were shit against Brighton and only got into the game when they went down to 10.....by which time we could have easily been 4 down.

I think any Blade with half a brain cell knows we have been extremely lucky to have picked up 4 points from our last 2 games, but we will certainly need a bit of luck now and again so I will take it when it comes. After the International break we go into the two games v Bournemouth and Burnley, proper six-pointers so with, (hopefully) a few injured players back we can see better performances and the confidence can grow.....if not, I will gladly take another huge slice of lady luck to keep the points total growing!

Least we have soon something there now, some fight and hunting in packs some sort of system to get us playing much more positively. Probably go down but I'd say if we can hold onto Hamer we'd just have to replace McAtee to keep us very competitive in that league and pass go collecting the prem money again.

All credit due to PH and the lads for getting 3 points at home, and an away point at Brighton.

In every game we have played so far, even close games losing by the odd goal, we have been behind on statistics. Possession always favors the opposition, along with shots and shots on goal. No wonder we are struggling at the bottom of the league.

That said, we have recovered the grit and determination in the second half of games, when things are going against us. All credit to the squad, the manager and coaches.

Some fans see this as a positive, and others are more circumspect, thinking we could still lose and fall away. Like many I am hoping this is a positive turn of events, but still biting my nails over our inability to match other teams in terms of possession and shots on goal.

Maybe we are just a gritty and determined side of strugglers and PH is dragging the best out of individuals?

Delighted with the recent results and points gained. I just hope we can improve gradually in the coming weeks and months. I’ve always been a Hecky supporter, but before the Wolves game I started having my doubts about him, and our poor form.

It looks like a proper scrap from an underdog side who just will not lie down and be beaten, whatever the stats say!
I think your 5th paragraph is about right.

Ok I'll justify this thread...
we're going to win the league and now you better believe us we're gonna win the league.
You know only Man United have gained more points than us over the last 2 games, I reckon we're on for Europe at the very least.
Just wait till we get a few back from injury, we'll really start performing then!
By far the greatest team the world has ever seen and it's Sheff United #clap clap, Sheff United F C OK.
You fill up my senses etc...

Need to change the midfield, can’t keep playing Souza and Norwood together.
How many thought bringing Ozzy on would see an upturn in performance did alot more than Souza. UTB

What we’ve seen is variance evening itself out.

By our own standards, we’ve been anywhere between not great and appalling across 12 games, a 5 point return from that level of performance as a team expected to do poorly anyway feels about right.

1 point from 12 would have been incredibly low, partially because of how chaotic and “moments” based football is as a sport - you always get the odd result.

What is odd is that with 5 points from 12 games, we’re not utterly fucked.

we are
Ok I'll justify this thread...
we're going to win the league and now you better believe us we're gonna win the league.
You know only Man United have gained more points than us over the last 2 games, I reckon we're on for Europe at the very least.
Just wait till we get a few back from injury, we'll really start performing then!
By far the greatest team the world has ever seen and it's Sheff United #clap clap, Sheff United F C OK.
You fill up my senses etc...
thats the spirit, believing you can is the starting point for success
the negs saying were doomed just bring down the mood

just keep saying , "we are the blades"

Not quite sure what you were expecting to be honest?

Back
Top Bottom