Do we have the best squad on paper?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gin&Juice

Reaction score
Something I keep getting told by neutrals. I never really thought about it because obviously you look at things from past experiences.

But if you take out form, relegation, tactics etc. And look at it purely by the squad we have - I have to somewhat agree. It’s a consensus on social media when neutrals see our line up and bench and comments on the strength and depth.

Not to say I was always optimistic - but if you have a look from a purely neutral standpoint we do possess a nice mix of seasoned championship performers, internationals and youth.

I think this is somewhat reflected in our frustration sometimes - but is this assessment shared amongst our fan base?

Looking at that side on Tuesday we have a very good 24/25 on paper. Possibly Fulham are better but I think we could beat anyone on our day.

If you could divorce the covid fanless period, end of 19/20 and all of 20/21, then probably. But you can't.

If you could, then these players challenged for Europe, and we've added some quality players since, and only lost one real quality player in Henderson.

As I said though, you can't, and these players were also utterly dogshit last season, but new manager, new feel around the place and they could get back to being one of the best squads in the league.

I left something on some paper this morning, that resembles some of our players, but I flushed it away......

Yes … and it counts for FA my friend .. if football was that easy we’d be rich ppl predicting the straight forward

Still stay awake at night wondering what Slav would do with C Robinson in this side instead of Burke.

Supporters of other clubs see McBurnie, Berge and Brewster as top players for this division.

Our supports love to tell everyone they’re shit.

Supporters of other clubs see McBurnie, Berge and Brewster as top players for this division.

Our supports love to tell everyone they’re shit.
Do you think these 3 are top players for the division?

On paper Fulham have a very strong squad

No. Pos. Nation Player
1 GK Slovakia SVK Marek Rodák
2 DF Netherlands NED Kenny Tete
3 DF Jamaica JAM Michael Hector
4 DF Belgium BEL Denis Odoi
5 DF Netherlands NED Terence Kongolo
6 MF England ENG Harrison Reed
7 MF Democratic Republic of the Congo COD Neeskens Kebano
8 MF Wales WAL Harry Wilson
9 FW Serbia SRB Aleksandar Mitrović
10 MF Scotland SCO Tom Cairney (captain)[75]
11 MF France FRA Anthony Knockaert
12 MF England ENG Nathaniel Chalobah
13 DF United States USA Tim Ream (vice-captain)
14 FW Jamaica JAM Bobby Decordova-Reid
16 DF England ENG Tosin Adarabioyo
17 FW Portugal POR Ivan Cavaleiro
19 FW Brazil BRA Rodrigo Muniz
20 MF Portugal POR Domingos Quina (on loan from Watford)
21 GK Argentina ARG Paulo Gazzaniga
22 DF Republic of Ireland IRL Cyrus Christie
23 DF England ENG Joe Bryan
24 MF Ivory Coast CIV Jean Michaël Seri
25 MF England ENG Josh Onomah
26 DF England ENG Alfie Mawson
28 MF England ENG Fábio Carvalho
31 GK Spain ESP Fabri
33 DF United States USA Antonee Robinson
35 MF Australia AUS Tyrese Francois
43 DF England ENG Steven Sessegn

Do you think these 3 are top players for the division?

not at the moment no.

The Peterborough fan’s vlog the other week said something along the lines of we’ve got £40 million rated Brewster on the bench and their whole squad cost £8m.

that’s just how opposition fans view our squad. We’ve got decent names that on paper other clubs would give a bollock for.

I think all 3 have got potential to turn it round - I can see McBurnie in particular coming good over the new few weeks.
Berge has the potential to be the stand out player in the division but hasn’t quite found a role in the team and clicked yet.
Brewster is the one I’m most worried about as so far he’s been miles off 90% of the time but I’ll not write him off totally yet.

not at the moment no.

The Peterborough fan’s vlog the other week said something along the lines of we’ve got £40 million rated Brewster on the bench and their whole squad cost £8m.

that’s just how opposition fans view our squad. We’ve got decent names that on paper other clubs would give a bollock for.

I think all 3 have got potential to turn it round - I can see McBurnie in particular coming good over the new few weeks.
Berge has the potential to be the stand out player in the division but hasn’t quite found a role in the team and clicked yet.
Brewster is the one I’m most worried about as so far he’s been miles off 90% of the time but I’ll not write him off totally yet.
Brewster would be much more effective if our players actually passed him the football.

Whether that’s down to him not making the right runs/ finding space, or the system, is up for debate.

But I always think he looks good when he’s on the ball. Just doesn’t happen much.

Brewster would be much more effective if our players actually passed him the football.

Whether that’s down to him not making the right runs/ finding space, or the system, is up for debate.

But I always think he looks good when he’s on the ball. Just doesn’t happen much.

I think he has a spell each game where he looks like he’s about to turn the corner.

when he got the start against Hull - for the first 10 mins he was our more lively and effective player. He made a few tackles, pinged a few passes and made a few decent runs in a spell where the rest of the squad were struggling to get a foothold in the game.

he then fades quite badly and stops looking as motivated, doesn’t make the same runs and disappears from the game. I’m not sure if it’s fitness or concentration or just confidence.

there is a player in there - he’s proven that at youth levels and for Swansea over half a season. I hope for the lad he can turn the corner before the club sack him off.

Whether that’s down to him not making the right runs/ finding space,
This is why he's not receiving the ball - he always seems to be in the wrong place when we're attacking. He should study Billy's movement because there's no one better at finding space in the box.

This sounds like a conversation that they would have over on porktalk.

We’ve some talented players, so have most of the teams in this division.

This is why he's not receiving the ball - he always seems to be in the wrong place when we're attacking. He should study Billy's movement because there's no one better at finding space in the box.
You’re probably right, but I just can’t help thinking he’s not that kind of player.

Once I figure out what kind of player he is, I’ll come back!

A lot of our players are pretty over rated based on their output. So, "on paper" we're probably in the top 5. In reality, not so sure.

A lot of our players are pretty over rated based on their output. So, "on paper" we're probably in the top 5. In reality, not so sure.

Fans of other teams just see the price tags rather than the actual player, mcburnie signed for £20m is not anywhere near as good as lyndon dykes at qpr who was bought for around £2m for example

I would say that absolutely isn’t up for debate. He isn’t making the right runs nor finding space.

When we got promoted last time half the teams in the division had a better squad on paper than us.

I'd say we might have the 4th strongest squad, but it doesn't matter a jot.

Back
Top Bottom