Dingleville pubs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Manx is a usual spot if they're letting away fans in... gets packed though.

The Metrodome usually lets away fans in too.l

The Manx is a usual spot if they're letting away fans in... gets packed though.

The Metrodome usually lets away fans in too.l

Ta for this, may just have a few in Wath and then get there in time for kick off, although I do like the atmosphere in the pub before away night games. Decisions decisions :confused:

The Woolpacks alreight...........but watch out for the Dingles !

:D

If you're on the train and get there early, you might find yourselves shepherded by South Yorkshire's finest to a crap bar on a corner (can't remember the name... Chicago Rock Bar or something?) where on our visit a couple of seasons ago, there were 3 bar staff to serve every single United fan who'd been shoved in there by the Police.

We soon supped up and scarpered.

We went to a place that was 'Blades Only' last season, up on the hill, think it was some sort of community centre or summat. It was what appeared to be a big sports hall, but handy for walking down through the muddy field to the muddy ground.

Crap beer in crap plastic glasses, right before we went into a crap ground.

That said, the queues weren't a problem and I was well oiled.

I'd have been there tonight if it wasn't for Sky

We went to a place that was 'Blades Only' last season, up on the hill, think it was some sort of community centre or summat. It was what appeared to be a big sports hall, but handy for walking down through the muddy field to the muddy ground.

I have a feeling you mean the Metrodome... sports centre with a bar upstairs over looking the pool and a bar downstairs?

Quite a few blades made it into wetherspoons last season (just up near the town square) - the police were stopping any big groups going in tho. It's deceptively big - looks a right pokey little bar from the entrance but once you're in it seems to go on for ever!!! Usually get a good selection of ales on as well.

The Grogger's Rest is the best place to drink in Barnsley. It's just across from the bus station on the corner.

Quite a few blades made it into wetherspoons last season (just up near the town square) - the police were stopping any big groups going in tho.

Aye... we've been in there before too. They'll not let you in if you're wearing colours.

There's also another pub on the road we park on, the Dove and Summat or Other (EDIT: It's just called The Dove Inn on Doncaster Road). Usually looks fairly nice. Assuming it'll be full of home fans but if you can fake a Barnsley accent, you should be fine :D

Back
Top Bottom