Diego De Gegirolamo & Buxton FC today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was at Buxton yesterday for the Scunthorpe game and was hoping to see Diego as I’d heard he was doing well there.

Unfortunately he was injured in the warm up so didn’t get on, but Connor Brown played. Out of position on the left side but didn’t really put a foot wrong against table toppers, Scunny

Scunthorpe were very average and 0-0 was about right. Both sides struggled in the final 3rd looking solid defensively, Buxton needed Diego’s creativity later in the game and I was told that it was ideal for him to come in late, but they didn’t want to risk him.

The standard is very good and it would certainly be a decent place for a few of our youngsters to get game time in a competitive league
My friend's son George Horbury is there on loan from Harrogate. He came on as a sub. My friend said Diego is a class above.

FFS Swiss, make your mind up! 😂 Merry Christmas mate.
To Swiss’ point though, the standard of non-league has jumped massively since academies became a thing at professional clubs. A lot of non-league players are now academy drop outs and in theory have had a number of years good coaching and conditioning.

I played for Buxton for a season around 20 years ago as well as a few other non-league sides before and after this (Staveley, Glapwell, Belper and South Normanton) without ever really being good enough or fit enough to be a regular player. I wouldn’t even get a look in with the talent available nowadays.

✍🏼⚽️ | We are delighted to confirm that Diego De Girolamo has agreed to join the Bucks in our new full-time model.

Our no. 9, who netted his 100th goal for the club last season, will enter his seventh year as a Buck, having made over 200 appearances.

#VivaDiego | #TeamBuxton

Seems settled then, thought he would've pushed on.

✍🏼⚽️ | We are delighted to confirm that Diego De Girolamo has agreed to join the Bucks in our new full-time model.

Our no. 9, who netted his 100th goal for the club last season, will enter his seventh year as a Buck, having made over 200 appearances.

#VivaDiego | #TeamBuxton

I imagine he could have, but probably likes being the big arrogant fish in a paddling pool

He’ll never have to buy a drink in, err, Buxton ever again.

#VivaDiego | #TeamBuxton

Good club and they seemed happy with him when I was there this season, even though he didn’t play the game I was there.

Where are they getting he's scored 100 goals from? He's got 48 in 79 games?..

Club averaging less than 750 fans going full time 🤔 I know rich owners will be funding most of that but can't be great job security even for a short term job like football!

Club averaging less than 750 fans going full time 🤔 I know rich owners will be funding most of that but can't be great job security even for a short term job like football!
It always amazes me the levels at which people start getting some form of payment to play.

Not making a judgement but there are clubs getting little more than a man and his dog watching that pay expenses etc. wonder where the money comes from.

It always amazes me the levels at which people start getting some form of payment to play.

Not making a judgement but there are clubs getting little more than a man and his dog watching that pay expenses etc. wonder where the money comes from.

Same place as American Sweet Shops and Carwashes.

My local club were getting 250ish a week and paying players a few hundred a week. Unfortunately they forgot to pay HMRC and went bust.... This was 2/3 levels below the conference and 15/20 years back now.

The Buxton owner also owns Markowitz Builders Merchants, he’s well off enough to pay decent salaries to footballers as a vanity project.

When I used to play we had Carl Bradshaw on £300 a game and David Reeves on £200 a game plus £100 a goal. That was 20 years ago. I used to get £100 a game or £75 for a sub, the chairman at the time used to shout at the manager if he was looking to bring subs on late on because it cost him more money 🤣

Where are they getting he's scored 100 goals from? He's got 48 in 79 games?..
No idea, he's not scored 60 his entire career looking at his stats.
He's probably like Kane where he counts training ground ones, wouldn't put it past him.

Sponsorship, local community from the ground being used almost all the time, owners putting money in and of course money from the premier league.

The Buxton owner also owns Markowitz Builders Merchants, he’s well off enough to pay decent salaries to footballers as a vanity project.

When I used to play we had Carl Bradshaw on £300 a game and David Reeves on £200 a game plus £100 a goal. That was 20 years ago. I used to get £100 a game or £75 for a sub, the chairman at the time used to shout at the manager if he was looking to bring subs on late on because it cost him more money 🤣
It’s not a vanity project and from what I’ve seen they leave the manager to do his job

Like the Doncaster City thing.

Couple of seasons ago they were in the county senior with the team I was with, next thing they’re signing recent ex pros for good money.

Even in the Rotherham prem where I am now we’ve played against a team with a lad who’s getting 350 a game on Saturdays. I think Karl Colley is signed with them too

Here are his league goals.

Not a massive amount of non-league cup goals on the web to find. But I’d believe the official Buxton tweet over Wikipedia

IMG_1163.png

Alfreton?

Don't remember Reevesy playing there. Remember him at Gainsborough.

It’s not a vanity project and from what I’ve seen they leave the manager to do his job
What I mean is that it’s difficult to run a football club as a business and therefore ultimately it’s done to get your name associated with football.

Back
Top Bottom