Did we do a deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They might also have wanted to avoid early bookings and possible reds and suspensions for the promotion games at home

Only one booking for us against the best team in Europe. Did Pep and Hecky do a deal, don't kick us off the park, we will let you have Doyle or McAtee next season?

There wasn't much blood and thunder to the game. I was expecting a JLT two footed challenge.

Admittedly it's a daft theory, but we never really got stuck into them.
Possibly they were under instructions from Hecky, don't do anything daft, we can still win the title.

I was very glad I didn't waste £30+ quid on yellow card bets. Various reasons it didn't go that way, but I think the main reason is City's game plan was not to let us make it a physical encounter.

I was very glad I didn't waste £30+ quid on yellow card bets. Various reasons it didn't go that way, but I think the main reason is City's game plan was not to let us make it a physical encounter.
I'm sure it was, however surely our game plan should have been to rough them up a bit.
The only player who got really stuck in was George and Billy and Bash later on. The rest of our lads seemed to just be honoured they were sharing the same pitch as the City superstars.

I don't generally gamble but when I read the bookies thread where the OP showed the odds for yellow cards I nearly went for it. Can't believe we didn't get a heap of cards.

I'm sure it was, however surely our game plan should have been to rough them up a bit.
The only player who got really stuck in was George and Billy and Bash later on. The rest of our lads seemed to just be honoured they were sharing the same pitch as the City superstars.
Also perhaps we didn't want to give ourselves an unjust reputation, as many falsely think we're a dirty team anyway.

But who knows, I did think we might rough them up, but the bookies didn't. Suspect Wembley semis rarely happen that way.

I thought Baldock was excellent. Only once did he dive in and that was in the opposition half.
An example of quality full back play.
Georgey Baldock didn't let Grealish have a glimpse of hope of beating him. Forced him to constantly make the sensible pass instead of taking him on. Absolute class from Furious George.

Georgey Baldock didn't let Grealish have a glimpse of hope of beating him. Forced him to constantly make the sensible pass instead of taking him on. Absolute class from Furious George.
Agreed. Just a shame that Grealish set up the third goal by squeezing the ball between GB and Berge

We didn't pick up many cards because for the most part City either passed the ball before the United player got close or it was Baldock who was doing nothing more than nibble at Grealish down the right. The frustrating thing is that we didn't get a second player booked for taking Mahrez down when he ran unchallenged from the centre circle to the penalty spot.

Back
Top Bottom