Delay to the match at the end of game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just had to google ”proud” Gaini.

“feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.“

I completely agree with what you’ve said, I just don’t get when people say proud in that way. I’m proud of my kids and their achievements but to be proud of my colour which I had no choice in, or of a sexuality that anyone can choose, do seem to be strange things to be proud of. I‘ve never really thought about it when people have said it before, but now I have it just seems a really odd thing that a lot of people say🤔

I’m guessing Bell4 is proud of reaching his age, I’m 56 and feeling older by the day (obviously) but you do get to a certain age and there’s a lot less years left than you’ve already had, so a sense of achievement for still being here, I totally get😁
Meanwhile
…….back in the 19th Century

Or maybe all three, don't you have a "just stop oil" protest you should be attending?

Genocide? Spoken like a true lefty. There is no genocide going on in Gaza. Words have meaning and I don't think you know what genocide means. Is there a lot of killing going on? Yes. Genocide? Become more read than the BBC diatribe.
Great replies fellas. Completely unpredictable. Putting your preconceived labels on things you don't understand, then tell me I'm not read enough. Try reading some Chomsky or Pappe on the history of the ongoing occupation and colonization of Palestine.

You should both have a look at what the rest of the world thinks about "Great" Britain. I think it would surprise you.

Great replies fellas. Completely unpredictable. Putting your preconceived labels on things you don't understand, then tell me I'm not read enough. Try reading some Chomsky or Pappe on the history of the ongoing occupation and colonization of Palestine.

You should both have a look at what the rest of the world thinks about "Great" Britain. I think it would surprise you.

I like it here. People seem to be risking their lives to get here. There must be summats about the old place.

To clarify, I'm not saying the view from the rest of the world is bad, just the things they like about Britain is different to things many British seem to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom