Delay to the match at the end of game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sky camera man was quick enough to get onto what was happening from where I was sitting on G, you‘d have thought either his mike, the pitch side one or the fixed camera near the away dugout would have also heard what was actually shouted. Might take some explaining on SSN though if that is indeed the case

I am concerned a tad about some of the reporting on this matter. If the person being accused is not guilty of anything then a lot of the stuff being pumped out is really irresponsible. It also harms the clubs reputation too, whether this happened or not.

If there was any racist words/actions displayed by anyone then they should rightly be dealt with in the harshest way. But there's seemingly an attitude of if an accusation of racism is made it must be true. This helps nobody.

I have noticed a lot of people on social media saying there was nothing racist said or done, I would find it hard to believe so many blades would cover for a racist.
I'm also finding it a little difficult that someone would apparently stand up and shout something racist as loud as they could for all the hear. Racists may be some of the worst people in our society but they're well aware that what they're saying isn't going to be accepted. I think a few on here have posted before about people in the crowd getting called out for abusing players, racially or otherwise.

Can't help but feel the MSM would be happier if this was true rather than the reality and as you've rightly said, it harms the rep of the club.

Why does he have to explain why he is proud to any of them? Good for you Nick
I was asking because I was interested. I’m also white & heterosexual but a year older than him. I didn’t do anything to be any of those things, it hasn’t been any great achievement on my part and no choices have been made. So I’m wondering where being proud comes into it? If he can explain it to me I might also become proud.

I was asking because I was interested. I’m also white & heterosexual but a year older than him. I didn’t do anything to be any of those things, it hasn’t been any great achievement on my part and no choices have been made. So I’m wondering where being proud comes into it? If he can explain it to me I might also become proud.

If it's OK to be proud to be gay or black why is it not OK to be straight or white?

Just cast you minds back a year and half probably 60% on this forum were calling for Oli McBurnie's head after the dog nonce and Nottingham Police alleged he stamped on him after someone posted a blurry phone image. It went to court for McBurnie, Brewster was also involved but the charges were dropped, a few hours in court proved the allegations to be a load of bollocks and Oli had no case to answer, didn't stop the same old faces who love to damage the clubs reputation. Same with Ched Evans although that was dodgy but still they can't wait to put the boot in on the club. We do have a very strange set of fans or maybe I should say key board warriors.

If it's OK to be proud to be gay or black why is it not OK to be straight or white?
I didn’t say it isn’t. But you aren’t going to get any abuse for being straight or white, it doesn’t come with any hassle. I find it incredibly easy to the point that I’m very rarely reminded that I’m either.

I’ve just had to google ”proud” Gaini.

“feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated.“

I completely agree with what you’ve said, I just don’t get when people say proud in that way. I’m proud of my kids and their achievements but to be proud of my colour which I had no choice in, or of a sexuality that anyone can choose, do seem to be strange things to be proud of. I‘ve never really thought about it when people have said it before, but now I have it just seems a really odd thing that a lot of people say🤔

I’m guessing Bell4 is proud of reaching his age, I’m 56 and feeling older by the day (obviously) but you do get to a certain age and there’s a lot less years left than you’ve already had, so a sense of achievement for still being here, I totally get😁

He’s proud of being 62 pal so you can’t be proud anymore 😜

This is the new stick to beat the club with before it has been proven to be true I prefer to keep quiet and let the club and Police to do their investigation although the Police do get it wrong at times. Last week the "in" crowd were pulling apart one of our players for not wearing a rainbow armband, I'm not sure why the Police didn't get involved we all know they have a liking for having their photo's taken while waving a rainbow flag or taking the knee ............... impartial my arse.

I didn’t say it isn’t. But you aren’t going to get any abuse for being straight or white, it doesn’t come with any hassle. I find it incredibly easy to the point that I’m very rarely reminded that I’m either.
I'm white as fuck, got the fucked hairline and everything. I'm proud of my heritage and family and do get abuse quite often. Mainly off other white people but it depends if you see us as white or as a separate group from the other whites.

I'm white as fuck, got the fucked hairline and everything. I'm proud of my heritage and family and do get abuse quite often. Mainly off other white people but it depends if you see us as white or as a separate group from the other whites.
You’re a human being mate, same as all of us. End of.

I’m guessing Bell4 is proud of reaching his age, I’m 56 and feeling older by the day (obviously) but you do get to a certain age and there’s a lot less years left than you’ve already had, so a sense of achievement for still being here, I totally get😁
Well yes, I’m amazed that I made it to 63 so I guess I can be grateful for that, if not proud 😁

Most inventions were from white, heterosexual, not sure of ages though, males. They is alot to be proud of being the above. Sheffield steel was built on the above, there is a lot that white herosexuals have done that should make you proud. I get there are bad too, usually from the minority not majority. Being proud to be white is not a racist position that some, maybe not you, think. It drives me nust that being Black and Proud is great but being White and Proud makes you racist. No it frikin doesn't.

Last edited:
Trust me, 100% nothing racist…there is going to be some back peddling on this one 👍

Glad to hear that. The other thing I find weird is people wanting somebody to have been racist. Why would you want that to have happened?

I'm also finding it a little difficult that someone would apparently stand up and shout something racist as loud as they could for all the hear. Racists may be some of the worst people in our society but they're well aware that what they're saying isn't going to be accepted. I think a few on here have posted before about people in the crowd getting called out for abusing players, racially or otherwise.

Can't help but feel the MSM would be happier if this was true rather than the reality and as you've rightly said, it harms the rep of the club.

I might be wrong with my view, but I have witnessed first hand Blades self policing things like this pretty efficiently. So if this had happened, I'd be fairly confident the culprit would have had a thick ear and would not be defended in the slightest.

I don't want to get too into things, but are the residents of Luton really in any position to try and lecture us about racism?

Most inventions were from white, heterosexual, not sure of ages though, males. They is alot to be proud of being the above. Sheffield steel was built on the above, there is a lot that white herosexuals have done that should make you proud. I get there are bad too, usually from the minority not majority. Being proud to be white is not a racist position that some, maybe not you, think. It drives me nust that being Black and Proud is great but being White and Proud makes you racist. No it frikin doesn't.
I’m not sure anyone invented anything because they were white or heterosexual. What a really weird post 😂😂

It stems from the woke lefty lot who have to be seen to be not racist, remember if you don't join in with them you are part of the problem. ;)
Shocker, man blames anything that he does not like on Lefties and Woke
Just cast you minds back a year and half probably 60% on this forum were calling for Oli McBurnie's head after the dog nonce and Nottingham Police alleged he stamped on him after someone posted a blurry phone image. It went to court for McBurnie, Brewster was also involved but the charges were dropped, a few hours in court proved the allegations to be a load of bollocks and Oli had no case to answer, didn't stop the same old faces who love to damage the clubs reputation. Same with Ched Evans although that was dodgy but still they can't wait to put the boot in on the club. We do have a very strange set of fans or maybe I should say key board warriors.
And then accuses 60% of fans of being keyboard warriors whilst being..........a keyboard warrior.

Yes before you say it I do not support the genocide in Palestine too, I suppose this makes me woke and a lefty or just an idiot?

I watched the game on telly due to family commitments, anyway, I think it was Luton’s first corner, taken from the kop/South stand corner.
The camera focused on the corner taker and you could clearly see some bloke on the kop, out of his seat constantly shouting at the Luton player as he prepared to take the corner.
It could have been words of encouragement, he could have been advising him to drop it on Wes or simply wishing him and his family a Merry Christmas.
But I did think to myself at the time, why would anyone do that, particularly an adult?

And then accuses 60% of fans of being keyboard warriors whilst being..........a keyboard warrior.

Yes before you say it I do not support the genocide in Palestine too, I suppose this makes me woke and a lefty or just an idiot?
Or maybe all three, don't you have a "just stop oil" protest you should be attending?

Genocide? Spoken like a true lefty. There is no genocide going on in Gaza. Words have meaning and I don't think you know what genocide means. Is there a lot of killing going on? Yes. Genocide? Become more read than the BBC diatribe.

A few points from this thread:

Good to hear some of this behaviour has been self policed previously. Think that says a lot.

Football atmosphere has always been "hostile" take that away and the game wouldn't be the same. Definitely not condoning and sort of abuse, but if we expect fans not to shout anything the atmosphere would be very different, remember going to a rugby match and both sides fans just chanted the teams name over and over again.

This doesn't have to be one thing or another, I would hope no one is condoning racist abuse, if you are, you are an idiot. On the flip side. If it was, get the guy arrested and banned from our home.

Then we can all move on to our next home game and generate some atmosphere, the guys will be funked with out it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom