Delay to the match at the end of game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sit back of F block on south . Confused me when Morris thought he should have got a corner and had a tantrum . What I think happened was a bell end gave it him tracking back. Morris went over to forth official moaning about something . Tim Krul deserved a mention for being a complete wanker getting involved and winding our fans up at the end and when heading down the tunnel. Luton obviously touchy since the incident at Bournemouth but I don’t like Edwards who like to wind people up. Have to say there was a few new faces on SS today still pissed up from yesterday . Whoever you are fuck off out of our club and don’t come back
This guy wasn’t a ‘new face’ and what he said wasn’t racist.

Last edited:

It was notable that Andy Madley as 4th official dealt with it as the ref didn't seem to have a clue what to do.
Think Madley just happened to be the official that became aware of it first – Morris seemed to tell him/Edwards at the same time in the next break in play, and Madley then passed that on to the ref, whereas the protocol now should be the reverse – players should usually inform the ref in the first instance (who then brings the 4th official into it to help manage). It might have appeared like he didn’t know what the response should be but extremely unlikely that any official wouldn’t know.

The closest I've found to what I saw is the ASL sign for - funnily enough - fat:

You know more of ASL than me! Just had a look at the video, it is the same sign as in BSL and there aren't many word signs that is the same for BSL and ASL

This is what the "culprit" was saying at the time.
He stood up so all could see who he was. He was then explaining to them that he said FAT, not black.
He then pointed to all sat around him as if to say these all heard what I said.

In fairness, if he had been racist, I think he would've been dealt with by the fans which clearly didn't happen.
He also didn't try and sneak off or hide the fact it was him being accused. He stood and argued the point back that he never said anything racist.

This whole issue is a mass overreaction. Racist shouts are definitely unacceptable. This appears to be a very snide gamesmanship by Carlton Morris in delaying the game and appearing to create an issue over a vulgar and not racist comment.. the overstretched Police would be far better concentrating on proper crime, like the backlog of burglaries and car theft which never gets solved or investigated, rather than some spurious accusations in the heat of a competitive game.

This is what the "culprit" was saying at the time.
He stood up so all could see who he was. He was then explaining to them that he said FAT, not black.
He then pointed to all sat around him as if to say these all heard what I said.

In fairness, if he had been racist, I think he would've been dealt with by the fans which clearly didn't happen.
He also didn't try and sneak off or hide the fact it was him being accused. He stood and argued the point back that he never said anything racist.
This

This whole issue is a mass overreaction. Racist shouts are definitely unacceptable. This appears to be a very snide gamesmanship by Carlton Morris in delaying the game and appearing to create an issue over a vulgar and not racist comment.. the overstretched Police would be far better concentrating on proper crime, like the backlog of burglaries and car theft which never gets solved or investigated, rather than some spurious accusations in the heat of a competitive game.
It’s entirely plausible that he misheard, and not that he was trying to manipulate the situation. But, to clarify, nothing racist said.

The closest I've found to what I saw is the ASL sign for - funnily enough - fat:

So you’re saying it was inclusive abuse?

I hope he uses that in his defense

“I called him a fat cunt, your honour, and in case he couldn’t hear me, I gave it to him in both BSL and ASL, too”

No doubt if he said fat, 100s of supporters will come foreward as witnesses

this is does makes sense because i thought at the time when it happened im on the opposite side on the family stand, because there was a tackle just before if i remember correctly & was confused at why was the ref chatting to the 4th official in person, had his radio gone faulty or had the something gone on with the managers that needed a yellow card or red card

but it does make sense if that comments were the case, ive heard from someone who knows someone that was doing the stewarding that appartantly the radio chatter at the time was that the accused person was found during the game & thrown out

but it does make sense if that comments were the case, ive heard from someone who knows someone that was doing the stewarding that appartantly the radio chatter at the time was that the accused person was found during the game & thrown out

It's the quickest anybody moved yesterday, then, as they had about 70 seconds before the final whistle went to find him and chuck him out.

I'm taking it fat shaming is acceptable?
No it’s not

But let’s put this into context

He’s 6’1” and 13stone - an athlete competing at the top level and who will have a dietician and weekly BMI tests, this lad isn’t fat, end of.

You shouldn’t be insulted by something your clearly not

Imagine Crouchy’s reaction to been called a dwarf
Or Robbie Savage been called baldy
Adama Traore been called skinny fucker

It’s laughable because it’s bollox

I think either Morris misheard, was intentionally wasting time or needs to learn laugh at dickheads

Spot on

Poor sensitive souls

I am concerned a tad about some of the reporting on this matter. If the person being accused is not guilty of anything then a lot of the stuff being pumped out is really irresponsible. It also harms the clubs reputation too, whether this happened or not.

If there was any racist words/actions displayed by anyone then they should rightly be dealt with in the harshest way. But there's seemingly an attitude of if an accusation of racism is made it must be true. This helps nobody.

I have noticed a lot of people on social media saying there was nothing racist said or done, I would find it hard to believe so many blades would cover for a racist.

I am concerned a tad about some of the reporting on this matter. If the person being accused is not guilty of anything then a lot of the stuff being pumped out is really irresponsible. It also harms the clubs reputation too, whether this happened or not.

If there was any racist words/actions displayed by anyone then they should rightly be dealt with in the harshest way. But there's seemingly an attitude of if an accusation of racism is made it must be true. This helps nobody.

I have noticed a lot of people on social media saying there was nothing racist said or done, I would find it hard to believe so many blades would cover for a racist.
Trust me, 100% nothing racist…there is going to be some back peddling on this one 👍

I'm taking it fat shaming is acceptable?

I’m sure Billy got you fat bastard chanted at him loads of times, it’s banter, and while not acceptable to all, it’s not really fat shaming. I’m not sure if it’s worse being called it by one person as that seems unacceptable to some, but 20,000 singing something e.g. that to Billy or wanker to Gibbs White, is fine🤷🏻‍♂️

I do however think the player has misheard what was said and put 2 and 2 together with the belly holding gesture and got the wrong end of what was said. I think there was a player a while ago who was accused of racism for saying “quicker” which was misheard. There seems to be a great deal of people wanting it to be more than it possibly is, seemingly so they can have a go at our own fans and make something out of it.

I’m not saying you are in that category WF10, but just in general the world has changed where saying anything or having a different opinion to someone else now means you’re named and shamed and to a degree criminalised. sure it’s ok to call people out on things but it’s also ok to have a different opinion or take on things, and it doesn’t mean it’s wrong, The internet has made lots of people into something they’re not in real life, where they can say what they want with no apparent consequences. Agreed it’s wrong to say something offensive about colour, race, religion, gender etc or the idiotic thing the Wednesday fan did the other month with the kids picture on his phone, but for me there’s far worse that goes off in life and complete outrage and criminal convictions for this type of stuff, when some burglars and sex offenders get slaps on the wrists just seems like we’ve got our priorities wrong.

Alleged, it's ALLEGED for fucks sake. If it happened it'll get the punishment it deserves and if it didn't? What will you fuckers jump up and down about then? Seriously, some of you love this shit, any excuse to jump up and down before you have a fucking clue what the facts are.
Correct.
Unless someone heard exactly what was said and reports it, it cannot possibly be proven.

Booing sounds like racial abuse if it is directed at a black player, but that isn't racist. Unsavoury maybe, but racist no.

I suppose me and the other lads of the Papa Lazarou Fan Club might
be pulled up at The Etihad this Saturday?

Straight to and from the match into our NYE convention in Hadfield.

Yes. Point taken. Am not particularly happy with the comment I made , but hindsight is brilliant and I was in a fury post match yesterday.
Only joking mate - you can say what you want for me ...but then again im a 62 year old white heterosexual and proud of it

After the alleged "incident" he went down after a challenge as though he'd been shot - it was just in front of me.. The ref bought it and Morrison was laughing all over his face.
So for me, Fat B.....etc fits the bill, credit to him though for conning the ref.
We need to learn how to manipulate refs better.
It shouldn't be, but we're living in Clown World in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom