Defeat tomorrow and....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
It really will be all over, in my eyes it already is, but i wouldn't be a blade if i didn't have that glimmer of hope which i barely still have. I just checked tomorrows fixtures out and with Palace at home to Reading, Scunny away at Bristol city and Preston at home to Burnley,the way the sides around us have picked up i could see a win for palace and Preston and a draw for scunny that would leave.

pld pts
21 Crystal Palace 34 37
22 Scunthorpe 32 32
23 Sheff Utd 34 29
24 Preston 33 27

Now obviously a win tomorrow and hope will still be there. But after tuesday i really can't see where the next 3 points is coming from.

Interesting that you suggest that Palace have a better chance of beating Reading than the Blades of beating Derby. Palace are no better than the Blades (imho) and I honestly can't see either of them winning!

Agree with the sentiment though...if we can't beat Derby ( a team who seem to be in freefall and low in confidence) at home, then frankly we don't deserve to stay up.

I agree palace are no better than the blades but they are picking up points and want it more which is why i think they have more chance in winning than us

Palace may be worse than us (although being 5 points above us suggests they aren't), BUT, they haven't conceded at home for eight games. That suggests they're no pushovers at Selhurst. We, on the other hand, haven't kept a clean sheet since Eddie Colqhoun was playing . . . . (seems like it anyway).

Palace may be worse than us (although being 5 points above us suggests they aren't), BUT, they haven't conceded at home for eight games. That suggests they're no pushovers at Selhurst. We, on the other hand, haven't kept a clean sheet since Eddie Colqhoun was playing . . . . (seems like it anyway).

0-0 draw at best for Palace. Preston won't beat Burnley either so a win for us tomorrow and it's game on.

I'm gonna put my positive hat on and say we'll win tomorrow. Of course, we'll leave it late, wouldn't be the Blades if we didn't would it??

As for Palace, they'll get stuffed tomorrow. Burnley will beat Preston (PNE are shocking this season) and I'd say a draw for Scunthorpe.

UTB!

Would beating Derby give any of you hope. Where are you going to find another 10 Derby County's to play?

I'm not confident of a win tomorrow, but it could happen, we are both terrible, but if lose we are most definitely down. Since Tuesday I have been promising my self I won't be there tomorrow but I will be now.

It's going to one hell of an ugly game-here's to hoping we hoof our way to a goal and manage to keep them out.

UTB!!

No its not just means we need to pick up a win against Leeds, Forest, QPR or Swansea if we lose.

Its not over yet.

Interesting that you suggest that Palace have a better chance of beating Reading than the Blades of beating Derby. Palace are no better than the Blades (imho) and I honestly can't see either of them winning!

Agree with the sentiment though...if we can't beat Derby ( a team who seem to be in freefall and low in confidence) at home, then frankly we don't deserve to stay up.

At the moment I think Palace would have a better chance of beating Manchester United than we would of beating Stockport!

With regard to Derby, even they managed to draw at Scunthorpe. I am expecting nil points again. If you can't get anything out of a match when you're 2-0 up against Scunthorpe (one of the lowest scoring sides in the division) you're not going to get much from anyone else.

Defeat tomorrow and.........Swiss will be posting afterwards how unimportant the loss of 3 points was, how it's too early to panic, and how you don't have to win matches to pick up enough points to stay up etc etc :loopy:

I just can't forecast this one. Either:

1. It will be yet another depressing & frustrating match, where we defend like a pub team, create little, hit every cross & corner to the first defender, have a keeper glued to his line & flapping like a windmill, can't score, look incredibly slow, show absolutely no quality and lose; or
2. We play like Barcelona, win at a canter and don't lose again until Christmas.

It really will be all over, in my eyes it already is, but i wouldn't be a blade if i didn't have that glimmer of hope which i barely still have. I just checked tomorrows fixtures out and with Palace at home to Reading, Scunny away at Bristol city and Preston at home to Burnley,the way the sides around us have picked up i could see a win for palace and Preston and a draw for scunny that would leave.

pld pts
21 Crystal Palace 34 37
22 Scunthorpe 32 32
23 Sheff Utd 34 29
24 Preston 33 27

Now obviously a win tomorrow and hope will still be there. But after tuesday i really can't see where the next 3 points is coming from.

or it could be:

21 Crystal Palace 34 34
22 Sheff Utd 34 32
23 Scunthorpe 32 31
24 Preston 33 24

And hey presto we are in with a sniff.....

a tight game tmoz-1-0 blades i think.!?
i hope.!
but if not i fear a nasty aftermath after the game-and it may get nasty.shoes being waved and all that,lets hope it keeps dry,or they`ll be a lot of wet socks on the tram on the way home.

Back
Top Bottom