Player Suggestion David McGoldrick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm shocked we are letting him go tbh

If he's fit, is training with us and rips it up pre-season, I'd certainly consider another year, it might be a different role than previous, but he could do a job for sure. Saying that, it of course depends on how many players are coming in up the top end of the pitch this summer.

With MGW gone, it would be a retrograde step and Didzy would be on a hiding to nothing even attempting to fill that gap!.

I had to check the dates of the posts several times before replying to make sure they weren't from 2018. He'll simply be training at Shirecliffe to maintain his fitness and help him secure a new club.

I'd be less surprised if Messi and Benzema signed than if McGoldrick re-signed

I predict he'll go to a L1 club somewhere in the midlands, near his home - Burton, Lincoln, Derby or as a long shot Barnsley would be good fits.

Wasn't the reason he was always injured at Ipswich was in part down to the fact he was commuting from Nottingham every day? Middlesbrough is hardly round the corner for him is it??

He was a wonderful player for us, but did not score many goals or create many chances. Towards the end of his time with us he was clearly not the player he had been when he first arrived and then received a bad injury.
great memories of a great player but not the player we need to take us forward, let wilder have him and then no doubt gloat about it

If he can pass a medical at a club would that mean he’s fit enough? If he’s fit we should have kept him another year even as a squad player, missed his creativity majority of last season.

If he can pass a medical at a club would that mean he’s fit enough? If he’s fit we should have kept him another year even as a squad player, missed his creativity majority of last season.
I think the decision was made to release his wages to allow us to bring someone in. I also believe we will have given him an offer we thought was fair and he said thanks-but-no-thanks. I'm sure he'd rather go out and be the starter rather than stay here and warm the bench.

Back
Top Bottom