Darlington 82 & Leicester 90

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of my abiding memories from this Wolves games was shortly before full time, the referee blew his whistle, our current manager, Stan and Pikey thinking it was full time, turned, ran off the pitch, towards the United fans to celebrate.

However the referee had merely blown for a foul, so the 3 had to scarper pretty quickly back onto the field of play

Ha ha I’d forgot about that TF .. everyone was pointing & shouting .. like a pantomime scene lol

Season before Leicester we were at Wolfs. 2-2 draw took both teams up.
Just found this in the S2 archives.

Not remembered as 82 and 90, but it was still that promotion euphoria.
Had to go to Bristol last match. That was feckin awful.
It's all been posted on here before. But the Wolfs match deserves a like or two.

I had forgotten what a tip Molineux was in those days!

My dad wouldn’t take me to Darlo, so my pitch invasion antics were at the lane against Peterborough. But at Leicester I drove there and instantly regretted getting tickets in the upper tier behind the goal. But although we couldn’t get on the pitch what a fantastic vantage point to watch all the celebrations from above.

I was on that end. Top tier at the back. Supposed to have been among the home supporters.

Which area of the ground were officially allocated to the Blades?

There must be many Leicester fans who remember that day.
Behind the goal that we scored 4 in the 1st half plus half of the stand opposite the camera. I was in that section along with my dad who was suffering from a painful ear infection at the time and I had to keep watching him from being knocked off his seat (we were all standing on our seats) and losing balance made it more painful for him!

Back
Top Bottom