Covid/Premier rules

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I may have missed the outcome of this, but an item on the agenda of a Premier meeting before this season commenced was that in case the virus became severe again, resulting in a second total lockdown, a majority agreement between the clubs had to be made as to when the season would become either null and void, or, the team in the champions, Europe and relegation spots would stand. I read that this figure was either two thirds or three quarters of the season.

If this has been agreed and particulaly where we presently stand in the league, I'm beginning to worry a little more.

Normally I'm a 'glass half full' type of guy and I'm still convinced that even with possibly no point return from our next two games, I'm still confident that providing the season continues to its natural conclusion, we will finish lower mid/mid table.

What scares the hell out of me and looking at the worst-case scenario, we could find ourselves relegated without having the opportunity to gain points during a relatively easier batch of games. If you look at the last 6 games I see a comfortable tally of a further 10 vital points.

If such rules do apply, all the more reason we have to start picking up the points and fast to pull away from the death trap in what could be a very, very short season.
Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered, but couldn't find similar anywhere.

Got you. So if they have agreed that rule (which we don't know), and if everything gets so much worse that we have a complete lockdown for months and all sport has to stop and not restart again, and if at that moment, we're in the relegation positions, it'd be shit.

I think you may as well just have a beer mate and see what happens.

Or, if we are thinking worst case scenarios, that wouldn't be it anyway; that'd be that we all dee. Cheers 🌞

Back
Top Bottom