Correct Decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are getting the "cheap" option of Heckingbottom. No chance we get Farke or Munoz. Not chance at all.

Hardly a cheap option when we're sacking a manager who was on a 3 year deal.

This decision is far from a cheap alternative.

So we get another manager in who then gives all the players another fresh start. By the time he realises 75% are shite we'll be in bottom 3

Totally agree, not only that but the gulf between us and the top 3 is frightening, yes we have underperforming players, but no way should we be that far behind after 20 games

Correct and everyone saying back him , why exactly he has shown nothing to warrant this team getting any better if anything we have got worse

If anything it will cost more money to sack slav and re-appoint another manager than sign 2 wingers for Slav

We were arguably the better team v Bournemouth, the players have a lot to answer for

And who tells the players how to play and what formation to play ?

If the players aren't playing that's down to the manager

Must admit I'm kind of meh either way in the end.

I was delighted when we got him. Really rated his Fulham team.

It was a huge disappointment he didn't get the winger he wanted, though he was apparently one of those in favour of waiting longer.

I also think you can't polish a turd and a lot of the players do need replacing.

That said, to have been 17th is pretty poor when you consider the teams and relative resources who sit above us.

Despite the win, I was bored shitless the last game and many more before that. I don't dislike passing football but just endlessly passing to no ends bored the tits off me. You can play a passing game without putting your audience into a coma.

So, nice idea, but can't exactly say there were huge signs of improvement. Going back to 3 in defence also seemed him admitting defeat to getting something new on the go. He ended up in no man's land, playing a philosophy he didn't believe in, having abandoned his original approach.

I don’t see how anyone can say categorically it’s the correct decision

We employed the guy and proceeded to handcuff him in terms of what he could bring in.

you don’t hire a French speaker and complain when he can’t teach you German. We should have backed him with wingers, defensive mids he wanted and given him a fighting chance of success imo.

Not suggesting he was without fault or he would have turned things round, but 20 games with no preseason and no real ability to shape his squad then paying him off is a huge waste of money.

That makes no sense.
You don’t volunteer to pay Slav and his background team millions in compensation….if you have no money.

The Prince is using the logic that McBurnie and Brewster have proven to be too good for this level, so why are they both struggling under Slav and hardly playing.
Changing the manager shows that the Prince hasn’t given up…and still targets promotion giving the new man plenty of time,

The change at this time strongly suggest the owner IS still ambitious and already has a manager lined up.
It‘s either going to be internal (Higginbottam) or a biggish name like Lampard or Farke.

History has shown in the past 50 years we‘ve only had success with big/ strong personalities who were able to link with the fans.
In that respect Slav was always going to struggle. I used to listen to all of Wilders pre and post match interviews but I stopped listening to Slav‘s interviews as they were slightly difficult to understand (due to his accent), boring with very little real info given. Slav was great at talking without actually saying anything.

The new manager needs to have charisma, be genuine and upbeat. He also must be excellent chatting to the media aiming to galvanise the fans.
I'd love to believe you're right and this decision is showing 'ambition' because Slav has not achieved (which I agree he hasn't, but he has also not made a proper signing).

The reality is likely we can't afford to fund what Slav wanted to do with squad, haven't got a pot to piss in and we'll get someone in to steady the ship and not spend anything whilst trying to recoup anything we can on Berge and a couple of others.

The squad is shot, the players who were great 2 years ago have ptsd. It needs a shake up and we clearly can't afford it. Our best hope is to become Stoke and stay up for a few years whilst we get the bloated premier league contracts and transfer mistakes bottomed out.

If we were being ambitious the whole squad approach in the summer should have been different.

My conclusion is I'm afraid incompetence at ownership level, not ambition.

Not suggesting he was without fault or he would have turned things round, but 20 games with no preseason and no real ability to shape his squad then paying him off is a huge waste of money.

when you put it like that no Manager could refuse to come to the Blades.

One good performance all season v Pboro at home and miles of the pace for the majority of matches this season

I think a lot have people have been blinded by there faith in wanting Slav to succeed unfortunately he hasn't done anything to expect a sudden upturn in performance and form

This squad is far far better than 16th in the league after 20 games

The prince is right to get rid now before it is too late , IF IF he gets a new manager and a good one such as a Farke or Munoz who was just sacked at Watford

Disagree. We are still playing the same low-level, failing level of football we were for the whole of last season and Slav's arrival hasn't changed that. The common denominator here are the players. All he has tried to do is style them for his plan and they are incapable of even that.

Wilder's legacy, whilst on the upswing has been lovely, when found out has been a fucking disaster. We are now floundering and flailing about and will continue to do so until Chris Wilder and his players are purged from our club.

Jokanovich going has more to do with this approaching January transfer window and the umming and arring than it does his capability. Poor cunt must be kicking himsen he left his lucrative little number out east to join this serially failing outfit, lumbered with several suitcases full of dogshit.

pommpey

Disagree. We are still playing the same low-level, failing level of football we were for the whole of last season and Slav's arrival hasn't changed that. The common denominator here are the players. All he has tried to do is style them for his plan and they are incapable of even that.

Wilder's legacy, whilst on the upswing has been lovely, when found out has been a fucking disaster. We are now floundering and flailing about and will continue to do so until Chris Wilder and his players are purged from our club.

Jokanovich going has more to do with this approaching January transfer window and the umming and arring than it does his capability. Poor cunt must be kicking himsen he left his lucrative little number out east to join this serially failing outfit, lumbered with several suitcases full of dogshit.

pommpey

"We are still playing the same low-level, failing level of football we were for the whole of last season and Slav's arrival hasn't changed that"

That's Slavs Fault then as he is the manager west brom/ fulham have managed to turn the ship why haven't we

I think its got to the point where Prince has been given the option of should i back Slav when he has shown nothing or get someone else in and its clearly the latter

However if it is Hecky permanently then I worry for the club and we need new owners ASAP

If its hecky we are up shit creek with no paddle and a hole in the boat

"We are still playing the same low-level, failing level of football we were for the whole of last season and Slav's arrival hasn't changed that"

That's Slavs Fault then as he is the manager west brom/ fulham have managed to turn the ship why haven't we

I think its got to the point where Prince has been given the option of should i back Slav when he has shown nothing or get someone else in and its clearly the latter

However if it is Hecky permanently then I worry for the club and we need new owners ASAP

Slav can only do with what he has to hand. If they were playing great last season and have turned shit under him, then he goes. Truth is, they were playing shit last season and the expectation is that they'd be well above the playing level this season. They aren't. More about them than him, then.

Out of the current named squad, who would you say has consistently shown they are capable of Championship football this season?

pommpey

Slav can only do with what he has to hand. If they were playing great last season and have turned shit under him, then he goes. Truth is, they were playing shit last season and the expectation is that they'd be well above the playing level this season. They aren't. More about them than him, then.

Out of the current named squad, who would you say has consistently shown they are capable of Championship football this season?

pommpey

Not many this season , but that's the point Slavs the manager and unfortunately the blame always lies with the manager its his job to get that tune out of the squad

The vast majority of the squad have proven in the past to be at least top end championship players people saying they aren't good enough are just talking rubbish and are been short sighted

I think it is a brave decision and a bold one from the prince and the right one IF IF IF IF he gets a new manager in such as a Farke etc....

However If its Hecky then why bother sacking him and is an awful awful decision

If the players that the manager inherited aren't playing to the best of their capabilities then that's down to the players, and no one else.

Who tells the players what to do then what formation to pick etc ? Ronald McDonald ? Captain Blade

Probably because WBA & Fulham have better players now, than us, at this level

Not many this season , but that's the point Slavs the manager and unfortunately the blame always lies with the manager its his job to get that tune out of the squad

The vast majority of the squad have proven in the past to be at least top end championship players people saying they aren't good enough are just talking rubbish and are been short sighted

I think it is a brave decision and a bold one from the prince and the right one IF IF IF IF he gets a new manager in such as a Farke etc....

However If its Hecky then why bother sacking him and is an awful awful decision

That’s in the past though. How long do the players escape blame

Where are these players now? Trading off 2/3 years ago and failing to deliver acceptable performances - i can count on one hand the number of decent performances from players since the start of 2020. When did Egan last dominate, when did Norwood last play at a high level, when did fleck last run the game? Stevens last quality game was eVen longer ago.

Just feel like the hunger / professional prideis no longer there, they’ve all been given multiple contract extensions and arnt playing up to them. We can’t get rid, so we’re stuck with them.

we can’t cope with 40/50 % of the 11 playing at 5/10 level month after month.

Banking all of your expectations on what players were capable of doing years ago is shortsighted- just in a different sense.

Banking all of your expectations on what players were capable of doing years ago is shortsighted- just in a different sense.

We were very competitive the first 10 games in the Prem and could easily have won 3 or 4 matches and the last 5 under hecky we won 3 out of 5 matches

So yes these players are capable they are 1000% not a 17th in the championship side whiuch why Slav has been sacked because he couldn't turn the ship

We’re on the precipice of becoming the country’s next basket case club.

I’m being too negative aren’t i? It’s all going to be OK isn’t it?

We were very competitive the first 10 games in the Prem and could easily have won 3 or 4 matches and the last 5 under hecky we won 3 out of 5 matches

So yes these players are capable they are 1000% not a 17th in the championship side whiuch why Slav has been sacked because he couldn't turn the ship
So why in your team to beat whoever do you keep saying that they want replacing?

Back
Top Bottom