Correct Decision

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
One good performance all season v Pboro at home and miles of the pace for the majority of matches this season

I think a lot have people have been blinded by there faith in wanting Slav to succeed unfortunately he hasn't done anything to expect a sudden upturn in performance and form

This squad is far far better than 16th in the league after 20 games

The prince is right to get rid now before it is too late , IF IF he gets a new manager and a good one such as a Farke or Munoz who was just sacked at Watford

The prince is right to get rid now before it is too late , IF IF he gets a new manager and a good one such as a Farke or Munoz who was just sacked at Watford
Putting a lot of faith in the ability to get a good option to replace him. Same people in power who selected Slav in the first place. And then even if we do get someone good, have we got the money for the rebuild?

Not massively disappointed in losing Slav, he's not been great.

However the following questions need posing to the owner:

Was Slav told he'd have money to spend and then this didn't transpire?

Was Slav told he had to sell Berge, Ramsdale and others to fund any transfers?

Why was one of the initial requirements for a new manager that they play a familiar formation and then we appointed Slav because we were desperate?

How much will it cost to get rid of Slav and his team?

Will the next manager be expected to operate on a shoestring budget and if so where do you expect this to get us in the long term?

There are others that will come to me I'm sure.

One good performance all season v Pboro at home and miles of the pace for the majority of matches this season

I think a lot have people have been blinded by there faith in wanting Slav to succeed unfortunately he hasn't done anything to expect a sudden upturn in performance and form

I had assumed you want McBurnie to get the job.

I was about to say as player manager, but he never plays of course.

I'm all for free speech but not when it comes to you.

Terrible decision. Not his team. Inherited poor squad. Inexperienced owner & Board in English football now pissed off two of the most successful managers in Championship football. Wilder & Slav. The problem is the owner. Wilderness years hear we come.

Should we not be worried that potentially our last 2 managers have 'walked' from the club. What does this say about the owner and board and how are we going to recruit anyone decent going forward?

If Farke comes in and does bad also will it be his fault too?
He will be in the same position as slav was. shit players who cant buy into another philosophy other than wilderball. If slav was backed at start of season and brough in a decent amount of players then we wouldnt be where we are. No coincidence as soon as we go 3-5-2 were rubbish with no creativty and so long as we are playing that formation we wont be getting no where near play offs

Would genuinely want warnock who wont stand for any of fleck and stevens crap performances and will put a rocket up each and every one of them players and give them a reality check

I had assumed you want McBurnie to get the job.

I was about to say as player manager, but he never plays of course.

If it winded you up a bit more and all the Lego eaters at the back of the KOP then I would be all for it

Putting a lot of faith in the ability to get a good option to replace him. Same people in power who selected Slav in the first place. And then even if we do get someone good, have we got the money for the rebuild?

Slav was the right appointment , you can appoint the right guy and he still not be successful IMO

Adkins was the best man on paper at the time

We could go and appoint pep Guardiola doesn't mean it will 100% work

He's off because there's no money apparently . How can this possibly be a good thing?

That makes no sense.
You don’t volunteer to pay Slav and his background team millions in compensation….if you have no money.

The Prince is using the logic that McBurnie and Brewster have proven to be too good for this level, so why are they both struggling under Slav and hardly playing.
Changing the manager shows that the Prince hasn’t given up…and still targets promotion giving the new man plenty of time,

The change at this time strongly suggest the owner IS still ambitious and already has a manager lined up.
It‘s either going to be internal (Higginbottam) or a biggish name like Lampard or Farke.

History has shown in the past 50 years we‘ve only had success with big/ strong personalities who were able to link with the fans.
In that respect Slav was always going to struggle. I used to listen to all of Wilders pre and post match interviews but I stopped listening to Slav‘s interviews as they were slightly difficult to understand (due to his accent), boring with very little real info given. Slav was great at talking without actually saying anything.

The new manager needs to have charisma, be genuine and upbeat. He also must be excellent chatting to the media aiming to galvanise the fans.

James shield reckons we were looking at Alex Neil
WHAT A JOKE! Absolutely awful manager and seems a twat as well
Neil is a very good coach and is far more qualified to manage Sheff Utd than someone like Heckingbottom. Tactically he’s as good as you’ll see at Championship level, all of our (PNE) players would say that.

It ultimately spiralled downhill due to player sales and a lack of reinvestment. Which isn’t in Neil’s control but he doesn’t handle those scenarios very well and it seemed very much like the toys came out of the pram when in the modern game, particularly at a small club at Championship level like PNE, part of the manager’s job is to rebuild at times. But he didn’t seem interested in doing that.

Neil is a very good coach and is far more qualified to manage Sheff Utd than someone like Heckingbottom. Tactically he’s as good as you’ll see at Championship level, all of our (PNE) players would say that.

It ultimately spiralled downhill due to player sales and a lack of reinvestment. Which isn’t in Neil’s control but he doesn’t handle those scenarios very well and it seemed very much like the toys came out of the pram when in the modern game, particularly at a small club at Championship level like PNE, part of the manager’s job is to rebuild at times. But he didn’t seem interested in doing that.
What did he do at PNE apart from keeping them midtable - which they were before and still are? Literally, we would become a midtable slump, a massive no from me.

Correct decision for Slav to walk if he's being pissed around and not being given the tools to do the job. We're around the time that we'll be getting people lined up for January (or not as the case might be) which, based on the lack of activity in the summer might well be the reason that he's gone.

Incorrect decision for the owners to sack him based on trying to get this rabble to perform to anywhere near where they were two years ago. Those days are gone, we're not going to be wheeling Geoff Hurst out at the next World Cup because he was good 55 years ago and the 6 months we spent dreaming of a life of Crystal Palace/Everton-like mid table Premier League mediocrity are gone too.

We are getting the "cheap" option of Heckingbottom. No chance we get Farke or Munoz. Not chance at all.

Totally agree, not only that but the gulf between us and the top 3 is frightening, yes we have underperforming players, but no way should we be that far behind after 20 games

Back
Top Bottom