Conor Hourihane should start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Russ

Ladies. For a good time ring 07939...
Reaction score
Conor did well when he came on and he created a couple of chances.

I’ve just seen the Reading highlights, the type of goals they let in looked to me like they would be ideal for Conor to play against.

He deserves a start IMO, he has more creativity than anyone else and it’s what we need.

I’ve just seen the Reading highlights, the type of goals they let in looked to me like they would be ideal for Conor to play against.

He deserves a start IMO, he has more creativity than anyone else and it’s what we need.
Not arguing but has to be in place of Norwood then as they're basically the same player in different bodies

Fleck lacks consistency, motm in midweek but it's anyone's guess how he will perform from game to game. Today he was okay, but not great. Hecky seems to rotate. Hourihane's dead ball deliveries are an asset and he and Norwood play well together. Although Hourihane can be inconsistent too. I would be tempted to play him alongside Norwood against Reading.

I’m not convinced by Hourihane. He doesn’t really take the game by the scruff of the neck and isn’t much different to Norwood. Both are decent with a dead ball but don’t attack in possession of the ball.
hence my comment about the same player in different bodies

I’m not convinced by Hourihane. He doesn’t really take the game by the scruff of the neck and isn’t much different to Norwood. Both are decent with a dead ball but don’t attack in possession of the ball.
Norwood? Decent with a dead ball? Really?

I've always advocated Hourihanr, simply because of his set pieces an general delivery. Given their lack of creativity this alone would compensate for other advantages Fleck and Norwood offer. Our delivery, especially in open play on the left also really holds us back. But Fleck has been really good and really consistent this lack week. I can't trust it to continue, after the last couple of seasons. But I would not take him out at the mo

I’d like to have hourihane and Norwood on the same pitch as the threat in the half space either side is really good then. Not sure how you’d fit them both in though with fleck and berge. You’d have to play 4 at the back which we wouldn’t to accommodate mgw and a striker in too.

Hourihane is not as good as Norwood and has no pace. He and Fleck are interchangeable. What the manager is doing is rotating players in the hopppe that no one is absoluteloy knackered. Fleck had a great game on Tuesday and was more like his old self again today. It made sense to change him when we were tiring after 70 mins and Hourihane and Osborn made a real difference and energised the midfield and we did finish the stronger. Hourihane can get more bend on his left foot deliveries than Fleck does and his free kick that led to the near goal at the end was spot on. As AgaMonkey says we need pace and power in that midfield.

Hourihane is not who we need.
Our midfield needs pace, power and athleticism.
It’s about time we started going down that route.
Agree, what’s happened to Ndiaye not getting a sniff atm, saving him for Wembley I bet ⚽

Yes 4 assists in 25 games screams creativity

Are they fuck the same player thats ridiculous 😂😂
They are similar...no pace...like to ping a pass out wide....not good at tackling and both take free kicks etc. When they play together Norwood is the one who sits deeper with Hourihane playing slightly more forward. For me they are interchangeable with Norwood being slightly better. Fleck covers more ground and Berge offers more threat when he can be arsed. Playing Norwood and Hourihane together would see us get run over in midfield by the top teams.

Passed his sell by Hecky dropped a bollock today playing him and Norwood need some flare

With whom ?
If we’re serious about trying to win matches this season then Hourihane doesn’t start. We haven't got many options but Ndiaye has to play alongside MGW.

We MUST make sure we completely overhaul our woeful midfield for the start of next season. Only been saying it for two years…

And that doesn’t mean offering Hourihane a contract…

If we’re serious about trying to win matches this season then Hourihane doesn’t start. We haven't got many options but Ndiaye has to play alongside MGW.

We MUST make sure we completely overhaul our woeful midfield for the start of next season. Only been saying it for two years…

And that doesn’t mean offering Hourihane a contract…
Totally agree, the cull should have started towards the end of the Prem relegation season.

Now 12+ months on and we are at exactly the same point.

UTB !

Back
Top Bottom