[Confirmed] Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haven't read through all the posts, praise allah there's too many, but hands up who fancies singing "There's only one HRH Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud" :)

I think he may need a nickname. Like Fred.

I want to see someone get Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud on the back of a shirt

Well fookin hell this Saudi bloke is richer than the church it seems, this deal sounds too good to be true and we all know what they say about things that look too good to be true ;) Still I can't understand the opposition to a guy who made his money in Saudi Arabia ? Is it any more corrupt than say China, the USA or even good old England for god sake, good and bad everywhere and nothing at all here to suggest bad. If he is worth millions and wants to throw some our way let him get on with it because I for one would love to see United challenging in the top half of the Premiership and for cups now and then. I'm getting on towards 60 year old and seen us win fook all apart from Div 4, my dad passed away a few weeks ago aged 90 he was a babe in arms last time we won a cup. Last chance for a lot of Blades to see their team win anything so if it takes Saudi money to do it so be it, the only teams that win anything now do so by throwing money at it.

Good job Yorkshire Water don't sponsor us :D

...its price would be so high that oil substitutes, currently too expensive to compete with oil, would become economically viable and enter production provided some dreadlocked Trustafarian didn't chain themselves to the gates.

Speaking of Saudi Oil don't forget to remind all your pig acquaintances that every gallon of fuel they pay for is like having a season ticket at The Lane.

I wonder if and how much McDonald was told about the investment looming.

If we offered to increase his wage I'm assuming he was told that something would be happening?

Seen some proper bitter posts from wed fans on facebook. One minute he is literally hitler who would chop your hand off soon as look at you, the next he's only one of 4000 princes who are nothing to do with the Saudi royals therefore he doesn't have a pot to piss in.

Having said that I've seen blades putting brainless things like "oioi we're worth 18 billion premiership here we come"

My take on it is this. He Comes from Saudi Arabia, A country with very different values from ours, yes there human rights record is appalling but that doesn't mean he personally has anything to do with it. It's like people blaming Zara Phillips for invading the Falklands. Madness.

I wonder if and how much McDonald was told about the investment looming.

If we offered to increase his wage I'm assuming he was told that something would be happening?

More importantly I’m wondering why we couldn’t attract an experienced manager with a proven track record this Summer.

The knowledge of a significant, game-changing investment would have ruled in many of the managers we previously ruled out as unobtainable. Paying out compensation shouldn’t have been a problem to get the right man in.

The timing of this investment by PAMAAS (Pam Eyres?) does seem very strange when he could have hand-picked his own manager and given him 2 months to build his own squad.

There seems to be some who are against having 'Prince Ali' as our benefactor mainly on the basis that he is not British or rather English or more accurately from Yorkshire. (Take a look at Yorkshire County Cricket Club)

While this is commendable in one sense that the player should play for the club where he was born/grew up, and the club owned by local business man etc, in the modern world we know this no longer happens. 100 years ago people lived and died having never gone outside their own village.

It doesn't make those people wrong just because they are clinging on past values, but if they want their club to survive in the modern world then SUFC have to become part of it, and without a cash injection from Prince Ali we may well have gone down the Pompey route.

You have to bear in mind that whilst Human Rights in Saudi can be questioned, would we be having the same debate if the new invester was from Germany, Japan, Russia, USA or a host of South African/ South America Countries.

I just hope this Chinese investment in the pigs is a load of bollocks.
Would be nice for us to be riding the Premiership wave a bit while they languish around the lower part of the football league.

There seems to be some who are against having 'Prince Ali' as our benefactor mainly on the basis that he is not British or rather English or more accurately from Yorkshire. (Take a look at Yorkshire County Cricket Club)

While this is commendable in one sense that the player should play for the club where he was born/grew up, and the club owned by local business man etc, in the modern world we know this no longer happens. 100 years ago people lived and died having never gone outside their own village.

It doesn't make those people wrong just because they are clinging on past values, but if they want their club to survive in the modern world then SUFC have to become part of it, and without a cash injection from Prince Ali we may well have gone down the Pompey route.

You have to bear in mind that whilst Human Rights in Saudi can be questioned, would we be having the same debate if the new invester was from Germany, Japan, Russia, USA or a host of South African/ South America Countries.

Your first three paragraphs make no sense in that you seem to have invented a scenario and then argued against it.

Who are these 'some'? No-one I've read on here has stated any objection based on non-Yorkshireness. Or have I missed something?

Nor have I read anybody railing against the 'modern world' or harking back to some kind of imagined golden age.

Who is 'clinging on to past values' exactly? And more specifically, how can you make the statement that 'without a cash injection from Prince Ali we may well have gone down the Pompey route'? If you had omitted the 'from Prince Ali', I would have agreed 100%.

As for the fourth - I don't have to bear in mind anything, thank you very much. But I will say this. I have said on many occasions in this thread that where one draws the line is a matter for individual conscience. As for myself, the country of origin of any investor is largely irrelevant and I would certainly have the same conversation if I thought the situation warranted it, yes. Independent of the investor's nationality.

Fuuuuucks. Now we're going to have to start convincing people we're not glory hunters. I never thought I'd see the day.

The mirror website reporting that his personal wealth is £97.5m on the Forbes rich list with the rest tied up in manufacturing.
So I really can't see the big spending people are hoping for.

The mirror website reporting that his personal wealth is £97.5m on the Forbes rich list with the rest tied up in manufacturing.
Forbes will include the Paper business in his wealth.

I think they may be slightly out of date. The paper business has a current valuation of £240m. He has a 50% stake of that business so £120m. His Beverley Hills house is worth £14m.

We don't know what he's got in Trusts (like McCabe) but with a Saudi and London property I would guess at £150M total.

Not sure much of that is ready cash.

We knew he wasn't a billionaire but he's not going to chuck ridiculous cash at us.

Still very welcome that McCabe now has a partner with some intention to spend.

On a purely football level, what makes you think that any decisions taken from here on in will be any better for a 50% input by a Saudi prince?

One of the joys of being a Blade for me was that a lot of what is killing football didn't apply to my club. And now it does. In spades.

SUFC RIP.

Unfortunately money talks in football now. The game has changed. The only way we can compete is with money. Why will wolves win the league? Because they're minted. Why are Chelsea and Man C good? Because they're minted. I would've liked us to do it solely under McCabe but in order to keep up we needed taking over.

If it was Kevin McCabe just taking over worth >£100m would you be bothered ? I highly doubt you'll see us spending £1m on a single player anytime soon

Got to page 4 of this thread and didnt read further. IMO most people that are against this are so because he's Saudi Arabian.

Narrow minded racist bigots!

If he was a rich Englishman nobody would say fuck all. Tell you what next time a black player scores for us, don't bother cheering, stand up, and fuck off home where you belong.

Got to page 4 of this thread and didnt read further. IMO most people that are against this are so because he's Saudi Arabian.

If he was a rich Englishman nobody would say fuck all. Tell you what next time a black player scores for us, don't bother cheering, stand up, and fuck off home where you belong.

Matt - I think there's been a bit of an OTT pc reaction by some, but some (I don't) have moral concerns about this. You're a bit guilty of the broad generalisations your berating others for here.

UTB

For instance?

Well, call me Mr picky but suggesting anyone who has a problem with him being a Saudi (those who have seem to have a moral reason for doings so, for me, and not because he "has a tea towel on his head") should not celebrate when any black person scores a goal is just about as tenuous and generalistic as it gets.

UTB

Well, call me Mr picky but suggesting anyone who has a problem with him being a Saudi (those who have seem to have a moral reason for doings so, for me, and not because he "has a tea towel on his head") should not celebrate when any black person scores a goal is just about as tenuous and generalistic as it gets.

UTB

Its racist. Judging people by nationality is just as bad as judging people by colour of skin. There's good and bad in all races.

The fact is we know absolutely nothing about this person but what we have found out is that he is a very "western" person which would suggest a lot of the Saudi politics probably doesn't carry through with him.

EDIT: Different countries have different rules. I mean you don't fuck about with the Civil Guards in Spain as you know you'll get a beating. Whilst i dont agree with detention camps and torture etc. It's not our country.

In fact, I can only see one person (Rusty) who has a problem with this, who has explained his case. I don't agree with it. But to describe it as;

"Narrow minded racist bigots! If he was a rich Englishman nobody would say fuck all. Tell you what next time a black player scores for us, don't bother cheering, stand up, and fuck off home where you belong." is simply over simplified and, I suppose, not even a generalisation of what's being said.

Me thinks you've jumped in a bit fast here fella....:)

UTB

So he isn't loaded now after all?

Fun while it lasted though.

Ah we'll business as usual.

What happened to the 18 billion that he's supposed to be worth?

So he isn't loaded now after all?

Fun while it lasted though.

Ah we'll business as usual.

Whilst I doubt we'll be looking at hundred's of millions invested, I doubt even McCabe would describe it as game changing if they hadn't agreed to input significant money. And of course, it matters not what they're worth but more what they're prepared to give.

Either way I'm not that arsed, as long as we start going forwards and not backwards.

UTB

Tell me matt, how much of a broad mind did it need to read only four pages?

So broad it can deduce from so little evidence what most people are thinking, obviously.

So broad minded in fact that it can decide, without having to go through all the hassle of actually reading my arguments, that I'm a narrow minded, racist bigot and should fuck off home where I belong.

Way to go, matt. If only there were more like you. The world would be a much simpler place.

Back
Top Bottom