come on come on

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bendylegs

Reaction score
is anybody out there optomistic about this season, i am for one, something has to happen this year, come on all you blades there must be more of us out there not long now . lets get behind them sick of all this negativity , :rolleyes:

is anybody out there optomistic about this season, i am for one, something has to happen this year, come on all you blades there must be more of us out there not long now . lets get behind them sick of all this negativity , :rolleyes:

Too right Bendy.

No signings, none of the shite moved on (well only one lump anyway) and playing teams I thought we'd only ever get stuck up against in the early rounds of the League Cup.
Never mind all that though, now I've digested your post I'm right up for it.

i think we'll start to see thing happen when things happen elsewhere

heard wigan want quinn but are waiting to sell N'zogbia [sp] before buying players
Cardiff want ched but the deal been offered is £300k + Jon Parkin
the Flynn deal from Falkirk all hinges on players leaving to release funds to buy

so its a case of waiting for the merry-go-round to start then see what happens
promtion isn't won in August and look at Norwich the lost there 1st game 7-1 so
lets wait and see.

I'd love to get optimistic and normally I am but I just can't get excited, since we got relegated and appointed a new manager nothing has happened. Its not just the relegation or the appointment of a poor manager, We appointed Robson when we got relegated from the PL, but at least then we set out our intentions by bringing (over priced and over paid) players in whilst also shifting the players that wanted to go.

This time, what have we done? Sure we've moved Hendo on, a couple of former Blades have joined the coaching set up, but nothing exciting has happened. Has the most exciting part of the summer really been the reseeding of the pitch? Even the Ched rumour with some slapper was hardly big news. We can't even do scandal well.

The sad thing is that all of the summer attention on the OS has been about players/ coaches/ former players backing Wilson, which is fine, you'd expect that, but I'd normally expect players to be getting giddy about this wonderful new way of playing, excitement about starting the new season, but there has been little of that.

In past years the OS has carried big articles on the 1st day back to training, we didn't even get that, it was 2-4 days down the line.

All in all, I am extremely unexcited about this season, I'm actually dreading it if I'm honest. We don't seem to be prepared, we seem to have lots of big time charlies for this division and generally just don't seem like we'll be ready to hit the ground running.

We can expect a torrid time unless we start smartening ourselves up a bit. I don't get the sense that there is a lot of confidence oozing out of the club.

Kind of summed it up there Swiss. I am still keeping an open mind despite the lack of activity but as things stand it doesnt look great.

By the time we have moved Evans, Monty, Quinny et al. on it could be too late to get many of the targets we want.

Wilson then faces the task of moulding a team out of whatever he can pull together between now and Oldham away.

It all looks like a messy bag of mis-shapes right now. I can only hope we have most of our business done in the next fortnight.

Any later than that and we could find it difficult to get off to a good start.

If it wasn't for you Legler, I'd have killed myself.

Personally, I think the pre-season is shaping up very nicely indeed.

The high earners are gradually being moved on and cheaper,hungrier,faster replacements are being brought in. Additionally. none of the the Youth Team have been sold, indeed Slew has just penned a new deal.

At the end of last season, I was one of those who subscribed that a season of rehab in League One, was exactly what our club needed to sort itself out.

In my opinion, since the pain of relegation, we as a club, have started getting far more decisions right than we have wrong.

Even the appointment of Danny Wilson is looking quite sound at the moment as he demonstrates a quiet efficiency in re-structuring the squad.

Personally, I think the pre-season is shaping up very nicely indeed.

The high earners are gradually being moved on and cheaper,hungrier,faster replacements are being brought in. Additionally. none of the the Youth Team have been sold, indeed Slew has just penned a new deal.

At the end of last season, I was one of those who subscribed that a season of rehab in League One, was exactly what our club needed to sort itself out.

In my opinion, since the pain of relegation, we as a club, have started getting far more decisions right than we have wrong.

Even the appointment of Danny Wilson is looking quite sound at the moment as he demonstrates a quiet efficiency in re-structuring the squad.

Absolutely, not lost a League Game, or even conceded a Goal, Top Job Danny .......

He's new here Sopsy, he'll learn....

Back
Top Bottom