Gone Elsewhere Cole Palmer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£45m but if it's a 9 year contract it's only £5m right? Bargain :cool:

And that's us screwed as easy as you like. Hopefully the board learn their lesson on waiting until the end of the window.

I think you might find these type of deals are out of our hands in that many of the better PL loans outbound don’t get actioned until said PL clubs have done their incoming business. Often this leads to last minute (deadline day or therein) deals for outgoing loans

It’s a bit like us. Get the signings in and then decide whether Brooks, Osula, Jebbo etc will be allowed out.

I genuinely don’t understand Chelski’s transfer business 🤷‍♂️
It just seems like a completely scattergun approach to spending a vast amount of money on a series of disparate players. Has there been any thought given to building a team?
They’ll probably have a shed load of players available for loan/transfer…but we won’t be able to afford any of them….even if we wanted them

At some point Chelsea will be running out of players to sell. Because no other team is going to touch those 8 year contracts.

Worlds gone mad £40m for Palmer jeez

Going rate.
Antony Gordon went for similar and is performing great at Newcastle.

I really rate Palmer, shame he's going to that basket case of a club. Even bigger shame that it prevents us getting McAtee.

Going rate.

I really rate Palmer, shame he's going to that basket case of a club. Even bigger shame that it prevents us getting McAtee.

Gordon had at least played a decent amount of first team football before Newcastle signed him.

Palmer looks a really talented player, but he’s just not played enough first team football to justify such a huge fee.

Gordon had at least played a decent amount of first team football before Newcastle signed him.

Palmer looks a really talented player, but he’s just not played enough first team football to justify such a huge fee.

I disagree. He's stood out throughout the City junior setup, in the England U21s and been getting cameos for City in high profile games.
It's clear watching him he's a PL player.
Young, English, at a club that don't need to sell. All dictates a very high price.

Plenty laughed at MGWs price last season.
They're not anymore.

Tbf, in the context that he’d only had a few cameo appearances at City, I thought £40m was madness at that time, but fair play, he’s continued to improve and looks an England squad certainty
Ice in his veins with a pen and calm as you like when it matters

Loved his post match interview, Joe Cole said it was like he’d just got off the sofa with his cocoa. I saw a scally on a mountain bike riding around Manchester streets saying “ee yar mayte, let us borrow your phone…”

Can’t be many other players in the rumour mill section with the gone elsewhere tag who actually went on to be sold for 40 million and be one of the top players in the premier league. What a season all round 😂

Going rate.

I disagree. He's stood out throughout the City junior setup, in the England U21s and been getting cameos for City in high profile games.
It's clear watching him he's a PL player.
Young, English, at a club that don't need to sell. All dictates a very high price.

Plenty laughed at MGWs price last season.
They're not anymore.

Turns out I don't always talk bollocks.. pleasing throwback. 😀

Pretty sure MGW is being touted around at £60m now & you'd probably need circa £100m to get Gordon or Palmer.

England are producing some really gifted young attacking players, we just need to find some defenders & we'll have a very bright future.

Interesting that of all those signings the three young English players look the most value/promising Madueke, Chukwuemeka Palmer
Chuck Hutchinson in there as well he’s having a decent season at Ipswich he’d be a good get on loan next year

Not sure Palmer was ever a serious option for us last summer? He seemed ahead of Macca in terms of development.

Back
Top Bottom