Gone Elsewhere Cole Palmer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isn't Doyles stumbling block the cut in wages if, and I MEAN IF, we relegated

In fairness if City get Doku and Paqueta both Palmer and McAtee are likely to be pushed down the pecking order
Doku’s an odd signing for me. Palmer will be ahead of him in 1 or 2 years after some experience I reckon.

Doku’s an odd signing for me. Palmer will be ahead of him in 1 or 2 years after some experience I reckon.
It’s what City do they’ll bring him in for 3 years if he’s developed to a world class standard he’ll stay if he hasn’t they’ll sell him for big money to someone else in the prem.

In fairness if City get Doku and Paqueta both Palmer and McAtee are likely to be pushed down the pecking order
I think they may include 1 of them in the paqueta deal, West ham should certainly ask about it.

Now Being included in latest bid for the West Ham fella!

Looks like it could be the end of an AM from city then. Wonder where else we will turn as we’re desperate for a mcatee / khadra / Ndaiye type. (At least 1)

Don’t seem to be any others linked atm

I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere… it’s got the makings of a proper break through season this year for him

Probably been City's best player tonight. Showcased so much of his ability. Work rate, aerial threat with a very composed header back across goal, showed some good skill beating his man 1-on-1, cracking left foot. If the deal with West Ham falls through, I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting regular minutes for City next season off the back of his brilliant performance tonight.

Pep reportedly saying he'd be sold or he'd be staying.

Irritating they'd consider selling him for another Johnny foreigner than persevere with one of their own. Is Paqueta even that gold? I'm not sure Palmer can do much more; 120 minutes played and two goals scored. Just stick with the kid!

Pep reportedly saying he'd be sold or he'd be staying.

Irritating they'd consider selling him for another Johnny foreigner than persevere with one of their own. Is Paqueta even that gold? I'm not sure Palmer can do much more; 120 minutes played and two goals scored. Just stick with the kid!
https://media.tenor.com/dsIl7MeBay0AAAAM/goldmember-austin-power.gif

He's this gold

Maybe they are skirting close to FFP?

Though with 115 violations to answer there must be a point after which you cease to give much of a shit!

Why on earth would they sell him? He's class

He looks good doesn’t he? I think maybe this means they’ll loan McAtee towards the end of the window. He’s a local lad like our two last season + Lewis, they look like they’re bringing in some real talent from inside the M60. I heard around 2010ish they started blowing Man U out of the window getting all the talented kids that lived in Manchester. I don’t agree with it as it’s basically farming, but it’s starting to pay off for them.

Feels like we'd have stayed up if we got him and Archer/Akpom in
We haven’t and unfortunately we won’t - we’re just too lightweight and don’t have anywhere near enough a first team capable - let alone a squad

We aren't getting Palmer, not a chance. City already light in midfield having lost Gundogan and Mahrez (more of an attacker but a key player nonetheless) and KDB potentially out for the season.

His appearance in the Super Cup would suggest he is part of Pep's plans - perhaps not initially but his performances will surely have forced him in to contention.

Can see him being slowly integrated this season, playing a bigger role next season. Similar to how Foden was used. HOWEVER this potentially could open the door for Macca to return on loan?

Back
Top Bottom