Club Vs Country

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

England win V Poland or Blades beat Notts

• Total voters

IOM Blade

Spectre
Reaction score
Classic club vs country debate. I'm aware that quite a few people on here have lost their enthusiasm for the national team over the years (overpaid prima-donas and all that), so my question is....would you rather England win a crucial WC qualifier in Warsaw, or the Blades beat Notts County in the JPT.

If it was a league match it would be Blades every time, but has be England for me.

blades every time.. i don't even 'watch' internationals usually
unless i'm having trouble sleeping

i sometimes support Germany though.. just for the wind up :D

I have this dilemma at home over TV watching with the wife. England tonight or Blades tomorrow or do I really push the boat out and insist on watching both, effectively signing away another favour...

Oh, and the wife is currently pregnant so there's no chance of logic coming into it.

Couldn't give a flying smegs arsehole about England. Blades every time, be it league, cup or friendly.
I'll be VERY surprised if this isn't a one sided poll in favour of the red n white wizards.

So it's a simple choice of the mighty Blades, in a competition that would have Mickey Mouse ringing his lawyers if he got mentioned in the same breath, and the mega money wankers who I happen to share an accident of birth with? Toughie.

If Kyle/Jags play then England, if they don't then Blades.

I will watch neither and care even less.

blades every time.. i don't even 'watch' internationals usually
unless i'm having trouble sleeping

i sometimes support Germany though.. just for the wind up :D

Taking piss after friday S.P cost me a fucking fortune to watch that shite,also cost me a trip to BDTBL, as well.

Major: "I see England won again, Fawlty"

Basil: "Oh, did it? Well done..."

Compared to me, BladeInThatcham is a flag-waving, anthem-singing, vest-wearing, shaven-headed, bulldog-tattooed, EDL-supporting fanatic of the highest order.

Let me know when they are playing next. My lawn needs a good looking-at.

Where was the "Don't care" option

I'm not interested in England at the moment, fed up with the Ashley Coles, Steven Gerrards of this world
I don't care about the JPT, but care about the Blades.

funny thing about england is that they (err.. we??) play better when we have the non superstar b team in. that means no gerrard, lampard, barry, milner or rooney

Big fan of the Blades & England. The Blades come 1st definitely - but today the England game was far more important than the joke that is the JPT. Really can't understand anyone who wants their own country to lose. Should be put up against a wall & shot....

Big fan of the Blades & England. The Blades come 1st definitely - but today the England game was far more important than the joke that is the JPT. Really can't understand anyone who wants their own country to lose. Should be put up against a wall & shot....

Hopefully by an England player? No harm done there.

I have no identification with the England football team or the Neanderthal thugs who follow it around. I'm sure there's an England website somewhere for those of you who like that sort of thing?

I'm with Pinchy on this one. I cannot get enthused about watching England and the whole Eng-er-land following is a bit embarrassing. "Yeah, we're gonna win the world cup/euros mate, innit." Well, from what I've seen not in my lifetime, mate!

It reminds me of the old joke - England gave football to the world, unfortunately the world didn't give it back.

England? Do they still play game? Haven't given them more than a fleeting glance to see if Jags etc are in there for years. That team of players doesn't represent much good to do with football. And if UEFA don't do anything over the Serbia V England U21 situation then it will be proven.

P.S Staffs, Sheffield gave football to the world. The rest of your statement is true.

Back
Top Bottom